Hurry Up, You Brats, or I'm Telling Mickey Mouse! An August 2013 TR THE END 1/18

courtneybelle

What foolishness would you like to see?

HURRY UP, YOU BRATS, OR I'M TELLING MICKEY MOUSE! An August 2013 Disney World and SeaWorld Trip Report!

9613333111_6da36c7b32.jpg

My name is Courtney and welcome to my very first TR! Although I am new to the DIS, I am not new to Disney World. I am 21 years old and have been to Disney over 20 times, with a record-high three trips planned for 2013! Disney World is my happy place and I am so grateful I get to go as often as I do! I love the thrill rides, live shows, food, resorts, everything. But here are a few (okay, a lot) of my specific favorites:

Park: Magic Kingdom and DHS
Ride: Splash Mountain, Rock n Roller Coaster
Show: Wishes, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Fantasmic!, Beauty and the Beast
Parade: Main Street Electrical Parade
Movie: Beauty and the Beast, Tangled, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Princess and the Frog, Pete’s Dragon, Aladdin
Characters: Belle, Rapunzel, Pluto, Tiana, Aladdin
Resort: Polynesian
Table Service Restaurant: 50s Prime Time Café, Via Napoli
Counter Service Restaurant: Be Our Guest, Wolfgang Puck Express

9613411051_2dbdbdcf3b.jpg

This is Kylie, my 15-year-old sister. She, like me, has loved Disney since birth. She loves meeting characters and is becoming more adventurous when it comes to thrill rides! She is very creative and has a popular Instagram account with lots of edits of Disney pictures (@disneywallflower). She dreams of being an ASL interpreter for Disney, so we saw many of the rides and shows interpreted.

Park: Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Favorite depends on the day. Today it's Hollywood.
Ride: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
Show: Fantasmic! and Dream Along with Mickey
Parade: Celebrate a Dream Come True
Movie: Peter Pan
Character: Peter Pan, Aladdin, and Snow White
Resort: Old Key West
Table Service Restaurant: 1900 Park Fare or Via Napoli
Counter Service Restaurant: Gaston’s Tavern

9616395894_83e01b4fb5.jpg

This is my mom, who is the reason why our family’s love for Disney exists. She went with her family when she was a kid and has always loved it. She is the main trip planner, reservation maker, and bargain finder for our trips and we would be lost without her. We celebrated her birthday on this trip, which was so exciting! She is also our trip photographer, so this is one of the only pictures I have of her. Any good pictures came from her Nikon, and any bad ones came from my point-and-shoot.

Park: Magic Kingdom
Ride: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Show: Beauty & the Beast and Festival of the Lion King
Parade: Once Upon a Christmastime
Movie: Little Mermaid
Character: Rapunzel
Resort: Beach Club
Table Service Restaurant: Via Napoli and 50s Prime Time Café
Counter Service Restaurant: Be Our Guest

9616651782_c0ca898d75.jpg

This is my dad. He didn’t go to Disney until he was 30, but he is just as obsessed as the rest of us and sometimes I think he gets the most excited for the trips! He is extremely hardworking so he loves the chance to relax in Disney, and he is my thrill ride partner on our trips. He also loves meeting characters and taking funny ride photos. My dad is hearing impaired and also knows ASL, so we made use of the interpreters and closed captioning for him.

Park: Hollywood Studios
Ride: It’s a Small World (only kidding), Rock n Roller Coaster
Show: Fantasmic!
Parade: Main Street Electrical Parade
Movie: 101 Dalmatians
Character: Sulley
Resort: All Stars
Full Service Restaurant: Hollywood & Vine
Counter Service Restaurant: “LeBouf’s Frew Place” aka Gaston’s Tavern...he has difficulty with the pronounciation.

We were in Orlando from August 16 to August 25, and we visited all four Disney parks, as well as SeaWorld, Discovery Cove, and Aquatica! We flew down, rented a car, and stayed at the Residence Inn SeaWorld. This was the first trip where we all had Annual Passes (HOOOOOORAH)!!!

So if you’re interested in early mornings, late nights, penguins, birthday surprises, American Sign Language, lots of food, and more characters than a 15-year-old and 20-year-old should meet, climb aboard, explorers!

Let me know if you’re along for the ride; I love love LOVE talking Disney with people and would love to make some new friends!

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

August 16, 2013
Chapter One: Arrival Day!
Chapter Two: Let the Memories Begin! But First, FOOD.
Chapter Three: Candy and Art and Merch!

August 17, 2013
Chapter Four: It's Yeti (and Safari) Time!
Chapter Five: Showtime and Pizzafari
Chapter Six: SHUT IT DOWN.
Chapter Seven: Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
Chapter Eight: Caketastrophe at 1900 Park Fare
Chapter Nine: Resort Hopping

August 18, 2013
Chapter Ten: Aquatica
Chapter Eleven: A Rainy Night at DHS
Chapter Twelve: 50s Prime Time Café
Chapter Thirteen: To Infinity and Under the Sea

August 19, 2013
Chapter Fourteen: A Magical Birthday
Chapter Fifteen: Move It, Splash It, Celebrate It
Chapter Sixteen: Beaches & Cream
Chapter Seventeen: Tomorrow and Fantasy
Chapter Eighteen: Join the Party, A Castle Party
Chapter Nineteen: Celebrate A World Full of Magic

August 20, 2013
Chapter Twenty: Time to Sea the World
Chapter Twenty-One: Penguins Up Close
Chapter Twenty-Two: Showtime at SeaWorld
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Double Coaster Whammy

August 21, 2013
Chapter Twenty-Four: Music, Movies...No Sports, Though
Chapter Twenty-Five: You and Me, Me and You, Both of Us Together
Chapter Twenty-Six: Tale as Old as Time
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Hollywood & Vine
Chapter Twenty-Eight: My Starring Role
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Our Night in Hollywood

August 22, 2013
Chapter Thirty: Be Our Guest
Chapter Thirty-One: I've Got a Dream
Chapter Thirty-Two: Celebrate a Dream Come True
Chapter Thirty-Three: 'Ohana
Chapter Thirty-Four: Princess Mania

August 23, 2013
Chapter Thirty-Five: Discovery Cove
Chapter Thirty-Six: Magical Adventures with Friends
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Most Fantastic, Magical Things Can Happen...

August 24, 2013
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Cue Innoventions Plaza Loop
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Via Napoli and the Best Character Meet of the Trip
Chapter Forty: We Have the Stars to Guide Us

August 25, 2013
Chapter Forty-One: Kona Café
Chapter Forty-Two: The Most Magical Place on Earth Is Here
Chapter Forty-Three: See Ya Real Soon

Real Life Updates:
WDW 1973
Dreams Do Come True in New Orleans

PTR:
We're Up All Night to Get BOG FP+

August 16, 2013
Chapter One: Arrival Day!

Today was DISNEY DAY! As usual, I didn't sleep much the night before because I was too excited. I was all packed with my trip journal and my vintage autograph book:

DSC00661_zps6e18a83c.jpg

DSC00664_zps333b1155.jpg

We left the house at 8:30 to drive to the airport. We went through security rather quickly and arrived at our gate with plenty of time to spare!

Before we boarded, Kylie and I got grilled cheeses from Johnny Rockets. They were delicious, and I took my first food picture of the trip!

DSC00668_zpsf7305f29.jpg

We boarded the plane to meet some hilarious flight attendants. Here are some of the hilarious comments they made during the safety spiel:
We do not expect a change in cabin pressure, or else we wouldn't have come to work today.
About putting on the oxygen masks: If you're with a small child or with someone acting like a small child, please put on your mask first, then assist your husband.

The flight was really pleasant. There was an adorable little boy near us when we landed, and he was so excited to be going to Floreeduh. His dad was joking that they were actually going to Canada, and the little boy said, "Dad, we're in Floreeduh, not Canaduhh!" SO precious!

DSC00671_zps9f046ecc.jpg

SEE YOU SOON ANTARCTICA.

DSC00672_zps0341ad08.jpg

This is my sister, taking a selfie on an iPad. I'm never embarrassed by my family, except for right now. WE WILL NOT BE IPAD PHOTOGRAPHERS.

After we got our baggage, we went over to the garage to pick out our rental car! We decided on this black Chevy Impala:

DSC00674_zpsc209cb92.jpg

We then drove to our hotel, the Residence Inn at SeaWorld!

DSC00677_zpsca7116ae.jpg

This was lovely to see at check-in:

DSC00676_zps3a4bd074.jpg

OUR KEYS HAD PENGUINS AND SEA TURTLES ON THEM!

DSC00679_zps031e3abf.jpg

Here's a brief tour of the room:

DSC00680_zps4ba60f5e.jpg

DSC00681_zpseb7360b3.jpg

DSC00682_zps4fdc473e.jpg

DSC00683_zps93ab639e.jpg

I really liked our hotel. We had a two bedroom suite with a living area, a full kitchen, and two bathrooms. We didn't use the kitchen much, but it was nice having a big fridge! Having two bathrooms was amazing since Kylie and I spend a lot of time getting ready, haha. The beds were very comfortable. I missed the magic of staying on property, but this was a much cheaper alternative and there are a lot of great benefits to staying at a SeaWorld hotel, like getting front-of-the-line access to rides. There was a shuttle to the SeaWorld and Disney parks, but it only ran a few times a day, so I was really glad we had a car.

We unpacked very quickly, and decided we needed some Disney magic ASAP! So off we went to Downtown Disney!

Continued in next post

Haha, see I told you I'd keep an eye out!!

FIRST!! :cool1:

Glad you're doing a TR Courtney! Back to read later since I'm at work right now... :ssst:

Chapter Two: Let the Memories Begin! But First, FOOD.

We unpacked very quickly, and decided we needed some Disney magic ASAP! So off we went to Downtown Disney!

We arrived at Downtown Disney and it looked like rain! We were also starving, so we booked it to Wolfgang Puck Express. That was a good idea, because once we got in line, it started POURING and an exodus of people came into the restaurant!

We ordered, sat down, and our food came to our table. You know what that means…FOOD PICTURES!

DSC00686_zps201dc4fd.jpg

My dad got the bacon wrapped meatloaf, and he said it’s the best meatloaf he has had in years! He highly recommended it.

DSC00687_zpsee10cddd.jpg

Kylie, Mom, and I all got the mac and cheese! I loved it. It’s definitely different from your typical mac and cheese, because the cheese isn’t saucy so it feels a lot lighter. I thought it was delicious, but Kylie didn’t feel so great afterward :/

We sat in the restaurant for a little while until the rain let up, and then we were off to pick up something very special…

We went over to guest relations and got our ANNUAL PASSES! We had trips planned for August 2013 and July 2014 (and then added on a trip for Thanksgiving 2013) so we figured we’d just spring for the APs. I cried a little. Okay, a lot. Judgment free zone. I was just so happy because I could theoretically go to Disney WHENEVER I WANTED. IT’S SO FREEING. Also, we get free parking and tons of discounts.

We also picked up the Tables in Wonderland card, because we had quite a few TS meals planned for this trip and the July one. The card paid for itself on this trip so now we just get to save money!!! It’s really great.

After we got those cards, we decided to go SHOPPING! Ahh Disney merch. You will be my downfall.

We went to Team Mickey and TrenD first since we were right next door, and I took the opportunity to pick up a birthday button for my mom! I made her put it on, and immediately everyone started wishing her a happy birthday. She was a little embarrassed but it was fun!

We went to the pin store and then Once Upon a Toy. We discovered that at OUAT, Linda Rick, who designed the Precious Moments Disney dolls, was there signing her dolls! Kylie’s really into those, so she picked out a Wendy doll and spent some time talking to Linda.

DSC00688_zps4c166002.jpg

DSC00689_zps91c7b0d7.jpg

We then went to the mecca, World of Disney. SO MUCH MERCHANDISE.

Sorcerer Keith:

DSC00692_zpsc8edb3aa.jpg

Then, we went to my very favorite place in all of Downtown Disney…Goofy’s Candy Company!

Continued in next post

Haha, see I told you I'd keep an eye out!!

FIRST!! :cool1:

Glad you're doing a TR Courtney! Back to read later since I'm at work right now... :ssst:

YAY! Thank you so much for popping in! I'm super honored since yours was one of the first TRs I was hooked on :thumbsup2

Joining! Looks like this will be a good one ... and congrats on your annual pass :thumbsup2

oh, and I officially feel old given that you referred to something from the year 2000 as "vintage" :lmao:

Joining! Looks like this will be a good one ... and congrats on your annual pass :thumbsup2

oh, and I officially feel old given that you referred to something from the year 2000 as "vintage" :lmao:

Thank you so much for joining in! And thanks!! It was so exciting!

Haha I didn't mean to make you feel old! My apologies :little angel:

Following along! :goodvibes

Thanks so much!!

Sounds like lots of fun so far!

You would know, Mom...

Chapter Three: Candy and Art and Merch!

I love love love Goofy's Candy Company. It's definitely a hidden gem of Downtown Disney.

DSC00693_zps4698b7a2.jpg

DSC00694_zps50538e16.jpg

There are so many delicious snacks everywhere you look!

DSC00697_zpsad89483f.jpg

DSC00699_zpsafe8b375.jpg

DSC00700_zps5021eae9.jpg

I would love to try a candy apple, but they are just too pretty to eat!

DSC00701_zps874ce022.jpg

DSC00702_zpsf618e8df.jpg

My favorite thing, though, is the create-your-own snack bar. You start by picking out your base, such as a rice krispie, a gingerbread cookie, or a pretzel stick. Then, you select a chocolate coating, a topping, and a chocolate drizzle.

I always get the Mickey shaped rice krispie, coated in milk chocolate, covered in sprinkles, and drizzled with white chocolate. It's pretty much heaven. Plus it's pretty big, so it's a snack that lasts for a few days!

The cast member working on my rice krispie:

DSC00698_zps1804b02e.jpg

And the finished product:

c9a84d61-0174-4d3f-b692-84cfdc14fa50_zpscf66d865.jpg

Throughout this trip I started thinking about my Disney dream jobs for when I do my CP, and I would definitely love to work here.

After I got my rice krispie, we headed off to the Art of Disney store, and I cried because there's so much great Disney art that I cant afford.

We did end up buying this later in the trip because it's just too beautiful:

DSC00704_zps6c673cad.jpg

One day I will own this light up MSEP.

DSC00705_zps000c2eec.jpg

Then we stopped in the Christmas shop before we headed back to the hotel.

We did notice that Genie was missing his camera...SHUT IT DOWN. (I'm a big fan of Josh from easywdw.) We concluded that he was playing a game of Itsy Bitsy Spider.

DSC00707_zps4a1a3972.jpg

Kylie got some fudge at Goofy's and just couldn't wait until we got home.

DSC00708_zpse56e3615.jpg

We stopped at CVS to pick up some water and Gatorade. We had a great moment where we forgot my mom was still wearing her birthday button, and the cashier wished her a happy birthday! She could work at Disney!

Then we went back to our room and called it an early night. We had our first rope drop morning tomorrow!

Merch Roundup:

Here's the signed Wendy doll:

DSC00709_zps28db0a8a.jpg

I bought a Pluto pillow pet today. BEST DECISION EVER. I was iffy on spending too much on a stuffed animal, but he is so adorable, fuzzy, and soft! Perfect for cuddling.

DSC00710_zpsca3e91ff.jpg

I also bought these princess magnets for my fridge at school:

DSC00711_zps30f8b404.jpg

Mom and Dad picked out some new plates for our kitchen:

9608361975_e6f7b69526.jpg

I traded for these pins:

DSC00712_zps663058bf.jpg

Continued in next post

Following along...what great pictures!

Nice hotel suite as well. Really excited about your report because of all the different places you are going to...lots of variety.

Sounds like a great trip so far! Can't wait to follow along:)

Your mom sounds a lot like me. I'm always the photographer. And I'm bound and determined to get my husband to like Disney. We'll take his first trip in a few years once my son (who just turned 1) is a little older.

OK, all caught up!

20 times... seriously!!?? I mean, I'm over 20 times myself, but then I'm also not only 20 years old. :rolleyes1

Great intro BTW, especially for your dad. "LeBouf’s Frew Place" :lmao: Actually, I might steal that. :scratchin

Yay for ANNUAL PASSES!!! I'm with ya... I love it!

Uh oh, looks like your mother's reading along. You better be on your best behaviour then. :laughing:

SHUT IT DOWN... VACATION RUINED!!!! Haha, totally love Josh.

I think Genie may be doing "itsy bitsy spider".

Great start Courtney. I have a feeling this is going to be really good! :goodvibes

Can't wait for the post where you reveal whom you are quoting in your title, because I bet everyone currently assumes it's your MOTHER!

For the record, my quote will always be: "It's not vacation 'til somebody's crying!"

Following along...what great pictures!

Nice hotel suite as well. Really excited about your report because of all the different places you are going to...lots of variety.

Thank you so much!

Our suite was SO nice. The only thing that would have made it better was if it was on property, but it was a short drive so I can't complain!

We definitely did a LOT this trip but it was all amazing! I hope you enjoy the rest of the report!

Sounds like a great trip so far! Can't wait to follow along:)

Your mom sounds a lot like me. I'm always the photographer. And I'm bound and determined to get my husband to like Disney. We'll take his first trip in a few years once my son (who just turned 1) is a little older.

Thank you :)

Ahh that's so exciting! Disney is so much fun with first-timers and young kids, I'm sure they'll both love it!

OK, all caught up!

20 times... seriously!!?? I mean, I'm over 20 times myself, but then I'm also not only 20 years old. :rolleyes1

Great intro BTW, especially for your dad. "LeBouf’s Frew Place" :lmao: Actually, I might steal that. :scratchin

Yay for ANNUAL PASSES!!! I'm with ya... I love it!

Uh oh, looks like your mother's reading along. You better be on your best behaviour then. :laughing:

SHUT IT DOWN... VACATION RUINED!!!! Haha, totally love Josh.

I think Genie may be doing "itsy bitsy spider".

Great start Courtney. I have a feeling this is going to be really good! :goodvibes

Haha I am definitely a lucky girl! I actually wasn't supposed to go at all in the year 2013...and somehow ended up with three trips. :rolleyes1

I really hope that this TR conveys how hilarious my father is! That's his favorite drink in Disney but he just can't get the spelling right...

APs are just fabulous. I'm so glad I joined the club.

Haha yes, mom and sister are following along so I have to be careful with what I say! Don't want to get into too much trouble :confused3

THANK YOU! I'm really excited to finally be writing one.

Great start! Can't wait for more. :) I need a Mickey rice Krispy about now!

Thank you so much!

I am constantly in need of some Disney food, so I definitely feel your pain!

Can't wait for the post where you reveal whom you are quoting in your title, because I bet everyone currently assumes it's your MOTHER!

For the record, my quote will always be: "It's not vacation 'til somebody's crying!"

Haha, soon all will be revealed! And I actually used your quote in one of my updates...

August 17, 2013
Chapter Four: It's Yeti (and Safari) Time!

DSC00716_zps3c7d4526.jpg

Today we were off to the ANIMAL KINGDOM! Honestly, AK is my least favorite of the four Disney parks, but I still love it!

First, we stopped by the hotel’s free breakfast buffet. I did not take any food pictures, but I had a sad, limp, non-Mickey-shaped waffle. It was a bummer.

We ate quickly and then booked it to AK! In front of us was this very nice Canadian man who wanted to know if we always went to the parks at opening. We told him yes, and he said that his family refused to get up before 11, so he went without them to ride Kali River Rapids as many times in a row as he could! I don’t blame him, as we love going to the parks early and getting in as many rides as we can before the crowds hit.

The cast members dropped the hypothetical rope, and we went over to Expedition Everest!

DSC00718_zps866fc4af.jpg

DSC00722_zps0818a0a3.jpg

I love this ride. I did see the Yeti this time. It wasn’t moving, but there were strobe lights and fans to make it seem like it was moving.

After that ride, we booked it over to Kilimanjaro Safaris!

DSC00724_zpsbe0476fc.jpg

Kylie got to hold the sacred red card.

DSC00723_zpsb2070862.jpg

After about a 15-minute wait, we were on our two-week safari! Our tour guide, Kyle, was hilarious. While riding over the bridge, he told us to think “light and fluffy thoughts!”

Safari pictures:

DSC00731_zpsd2f7334a.jpg

DSC00733_zps983d375a.jpg

My mom got this next picture, and I love it. He's just like, why hello there you wacky two-legged creatures, welcome to my home.

9616444614_8a056467e7_z.jpg

DSC00737_zps24482425.jpg

DSC00738_zpscce05f8c.jpg

I could not believe how close we got to this zebra!

9616444328_a3efda3400_z.jpg

This was the first time we had ever seen two lions together! Normally we just see one at a time. It was awesome.

DSC00741_zps7e5c0e8c.jpg

DSC00744_zps1c565f64.jpg

Continued in next post

wow great safari pictures! :thumbsup2

I often think about what the animals are thinking - I mean, for us is it exciting but they seem the same jeeps with the same people taking the same pictures all the time :lmao:

First stop Expedition Everest??? I totally approve!!! :thumbsup2 Honestly it took me a long time to first spot Disco Yeti too.

Wait... the zebras are back??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter