• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hurricane Irma?

Room is fine for me, but I have 2 dining reservations I canceled a couple of days ago that are still showing up. I've called about it twice and they're still there...the system must be totally overloaded right now with all of the changes people are making, so maybe that's why (and let's face it, Disney's IT isn't the great to begin with)? I've logged out of my account on my computer, app, etc. as the CM on the phone suggested and that didn't do anything. I have confirmation emails for the cancellations so that should be okay I think? Did you get some kind of confirmation email for canceling your room?

Nothing was sent to me. I am going to call them tonight after 7 when i am not using up cellphone minutes.

When I do get thru to guest services, will they be able to help me move Halloween tickets and dessert party too or will I need to talk to ticketing? (4 and a half hours and counting) I have to pick my daughter up from school and run errands I hope I don't get disconnected!!!

Our resort stay was scheduled for Sept 10-16. We don't really have a choice of rescheduling, so instead of canceling, our current plan is try drive down and try to check in Saturday instead of Sunday, ahead of the storm. We are planning to pack gas, food, water, etc.. and being stuck in a room for 1-2 days. My bigger concern is just being safe. It seems the general consensus is that Disney is safe at this point, correct? We are hoping we could still salvage 3 days at the park as long as there is not catastrophic damage. Also worst case scenario if it shifts west on Saturday, we could turn around and drive home.. Thoughts?

We had the same dates.......we were able to get a saturday morning flight - thought that was going to be the hardest thing - I was wrong. Trying to get ANY room at disney for saturday night was impossible. Only 3 resorts showed availability - and contemporary was $1200 for the 1 night........ I didn't think we'd have an issue adding 1 night to our reservation . Now we are in 1 hotel for sat night and our regular hotel for the rest...it'll be interesting to see how they get us from hotel 1 to hotel 2 on the day the storm is supposed to hit.

I'm planning on flying in on the 14th as well. No one knows what the impacts will be and as a result what recovery might be like. I am hopeful that everything will be ok by then, and I'm keeping an eye on the NHS updates to stay informed.

That's when we're due in as well. Hoping for the best!

Sorry if already posted, from Inside the Magic

Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom on Sunday night has been cancelled, in addition to the second day (Saturday) of the Night of Joy faith-based concert weekend at ESPN Wide World of Sports. Refunds and exchanges for both events are available by calling the Walt Disney World ticket hotline at (407) 939-7818.

I've been lurking this thread all week and made an account just for this. We were scheduled to drive down late Saturday night (14 hr drive) to stay 9/10-9/16. Because we have 2 younger kids, one with a near-phobia of storms, we decided to reschedule for 9/23-9/30. I waited on hold for over 6 hours, but finally got through to guest services and the CM was able to switch everything over and keep my room discount. He also told me to wait until after the storm passes to call and reschedule my MNSSHP tickets that we have for Tuesday.
I know most people don't have 6 hours to wait, but just wanted to maybe be able to reassure someone that they didn't forget you, even if it really REALLY seems that way. Good luck to everyone, whether they're going, staying, postponing, canceling, or living in the middle of this mess.

We had the same dates.......we were able to get a saturday morning flight - thought that was going to be the hardest thing - I was wrong. Trying to get ANY room at disney for saturday night was impossible. Only 3 resorts showed availability - and contemporary was $1200 for the 1 night........ I didn't think we'd have an issue adding 1 night to our reservation . Now we are in 1 hotel for sat night and our regular hotel for the rest...it'll be interesting to see how they get us from hotel 1 to hotel 2 on the day the storm is supposed to hit.

For check in 9/9 check out 9/10?? Quite a bit up right now.

Pop, POR, cont ($388 never seen that low), POFQ, ASSP, CBR and more.

For those of you waiting on the phone to cancel - I just cancelled online via the chat window. They responded within 2 minutes, and it took about 5 minutes total to cancel everything. They say they will send an email confirmation. All I needed was my name/address/confirmation number.

I do not have a cancellation number. Hope they really cancelled everything!
I hope more people read this. If you only need to cancel, this is great advice!

This is 4 hours ago. Go jetblue Go!!
DJISwbAW0AEDenq.jpg:large

Are you moving resorts Sunday? I would plan to move as early in the day as you possibly can; if the storm hits or they put a curfew in place, you'll be stuck at your first resort.

My issue is that because I booked my flight through Disney they have to transfer me to the Air department to cancel my package. so I don't think I can do it online

We have flights scheduled on SW for 9/16, and I assumed we were in the clear. I just checked the SW site, and they are saying anyone with tickets through 9/17 might experience travel issues. Just an FYI - it surprised me because I figured things would have settled down by then. And, obviously, they might.

From the SW site: "Our scheduled service on Tuesday, September 5, thru Sunday, September 17, may be disrupted (flights may be delayed, diverted, and/or cancelled) at the following cities:

• Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
  • Fort Myers (RSW)
  • Havana (HAV)
  • Jacksonville (JAX)
  • Nassau (NAS)
  • Orlando (MCO)
  • Punta Cana (PUJ)
  • San Juan (SJU)
  • Tampa (TPA)
  • West Palm Beach (PBI)
Customers who are holding reservations on Tuesday, September 5, thru Sunday, September 17, and want to alter their travel plans may rebook in the original class of service or travel standby (within 14 days of their original date of travel between the original city-pairs and in accordance with our accommodation procedures) without paying any additional charge.

My issue is that because I booked my flight through Disney they have to transfer me to the Air department to cancel my package. so I don't think I can do it online
Good luck... the woman that I always got transferred to in the air department was very curt. Even though you booked through Disney, try contacting the airline. That is what I did and they issued me a voucher that I can use for the next 11 months.

we're in the same boat, I'm hoping to switch over first thing Sunday morning. And also hoping the storm moves east.

In terms of what's going on with hurricane prep in southern and central Florida:
  • The Monroe County mayor earlier today sent a stern warning to Keys residents who have not yet complied with mandatory evacuation orders. Direct quote: "if a rescue is needed for those people only interested in their own situation, we would have to call out first responders to rescue them and that’s not gonna happen once the storm is hitting.”
  • Walmart announced it is sending 800 truckloads of supplies from Arkansas to Florida including water, flashlights, batteries, ready-to-eat foods and other supplies. They will be routed to the stores with the most needs.
  • Authorities in Miami are concerned that the scores of tall construction cranes scattered across the city could collapse if wind levels there exceed Cat 4. They are consequently beginning to evacuate homes that are close to cranes.

Thanks. Typical Tribune negligence.

I expect the parks to be very busy tomorrow. Seems everyone I talk to is going to a theme park since there's no school and the weather looks good. If outside our house is fully ready, we might pop over for a bit of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter