Hurricane Irma?

We were supposed to leave tomorrow night for an 8 night stay. My brother lives on St. John. After watching what Irma did to that island today, I realized that I can't drive into a potential deadly storm because I want to have my WDW vacation. There are people in Florida who stand to lose their homes and possibly worse, we should all keep that in mind. I'm not judging anyone's choices, just trying to make a hard decision easier for those who are undecided.

My comparison works fine and my information was not wrong. Do you even read? The PP said Antigua was back to normal in 24 hours. They didn't say anything about Barbuda, no one mentioned it in the conversation I was siting. Antigua is about 100 miles in size. Similar in size to FL. I haven't a clue what size Barbuda is. I didn't look it up, I wasn't discussing it, as it wasn't mentioned, Antigua was. So maybe get a clue what you are talking about before you tell someone that their comparison doesn't work. I was comparing Antigua to FL because their size (width) is similar.

That would be 100 square miles. It's not even close to the size of Florida.

Go get some light exercise.

LOL...I work on a farm. There is nothing light about the amount of exercise I do daily. Exercise is not lacking. I've been throwing hay bales and and bags of feed all afternoon. Still mad. Still hate the uncertainty.

Because the information you were given is wrong. It was Barbuda, not Antigua that got pounded by Irma. Residents of Antigua said the storm was milder than expected, but have deep concerns for sister island of Barbuda, which remained incommunicado for hours before reporting that Hurricane Irma killed at least one person and destroyed 90 percent of its structures and vehicles on the island, according to Antigua and Barbuda Prime Minister Gaston Browne.

So your "everything was fine after Irma passed by" analogy is wrong.
Everything was fine at Antigua. Where did I talk about Barbuda? Please show me that?

QUOTE="HarperLeigh, post: 58163997, member: 607058"]The video and pictures from Barbuda are unbelievable. The destruction is almost unimaginable. :([/QUOTE]

Yes, Irma killied at least one person there and destroyed 90 percent of the structures and vehicles on the island, according to Antigua and Barbuda Prime Minister Gaston Browne.

Hurricane-Irma-Barbuda-410x220.png

1504725024.jpg&MaxW=730&imageversion=Article

1504746484479.jpg

Last edited:
We are officially canceled
I'm currently on hold to get a refund for our MNSSHP tickets and then I need to cancel my daughter's BBB appointment. I cried as I canceled our trip I still am. But no trip is worth my family being hurt or being stranded. I wish everyone the best when making their decision. This wasn't an easy decision and we are all sad. We were supposed to leave Friday and fly back next Friday but mother nature just wasn't allowing us to go this time. My kids cried when unpacking their suitcases. We will get there again just not this year. And a plus south west fully refunded our flights. So we are whole again money wise. Stay safe every one in Florida
I cancelled ours earlier today. Took 6 hrs to do everything, package, MNSSHP, Southwest (only gave credit no refund) and memory maker, ADRs, FPs. I haven't stopped crying off and on all day. I also cried unpacking our suitcases. We were supposed to fly in the morning and arrive at Pop Century around 1pm. So sad about it, and it was a very hard decision. I am still not sure if it was the right one. We could not get changed or rebooked with our free dining. So we have nothing right now. Sad. I cannot get past what we would have been doing at WDW starting tomorrow. I also have multiple hours into our MNSSHP costumes that we now might not get to wear or go this year. Sucks.

That would be 100 square miles. It's not even close to the size of Florida.
Fair enough. I was trying to compare it to the distance from the Atlantic coast of FL to Orlando. and the point of which Irma passed Antigua and it's size. That's all.

We were supposed to leave tomorrow night for an 8 night stay. My brother lives on St. John. After watching what Irma did to that island today, I realized that I can't drive into a potential deadly storm because I want to have my WDW vacation. There are people in Florida who stand to lose their homes and possibly worse, we should all keep that in mind. I'm not judging anyone's choices, just trying to make a hard decision easier for those who are undecided.
Thanks, that helps me feel a little better about it

Here we go again with my model is better than your model........

19hdpq.jpg

Seriously? Because I questioned why anyone would object to the most current (at the time) info being posted?? And yes, I WILL say that "my model is better than yours" if you are going from anything other than GFS or European. Did you bother to read the ArsTechnica article about the false info passed around due to misreading of spaghetti models?

Apparently not. Might want to give it a read. Sheesh.

And actually, I don't really care if we have to cancel. I have already booked everything including meals for January - same resort, same dining reservations - even got one I couldn't get this time! So if we cancel, it's not a big deal. Not everyone is in the same situation and I don't want people cancelling before they have the best info they can possibly get. So sorry for wanting people to be informed...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter