• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hurricane Irma?

I guess people are scared. I think I would be too. It's easy for me to say things but I'm not there until 9/16

Not so much scared as disliking people that try to claim they know where the storm is going. I don't arrive until 9/14 so I'm just monitoring it out of interest and in hopes that where/if it makes landfall it doesn't do too much damage.

They are showing there is a possibility of eastward movement.

Yes, a low probability of an eastward movement and a relatively high probability of a northward movement into and through Florida. Hence my use (which I don't mean to aggravate people with) of "track shopping." Or put another way, choosing one of the "Eastern outliers' on the spaghetti maps and waving it to all as a sign of hope. Heck, if I was facing a trip cancellation/rebooking nightmare I'd want to be hopeful too and would probably be doing exactly the same thing.

Just FYI for those wanting to keep free dining. I am trying to rebook during alternate dates that were offered in the April general public release of free dining. I finally got through and was transferred to guest services. The CM told me that they are the only ones who have the power to grant that magic...fingers crossed. I will update when I know something.

I want to save my free dining!!! Where can I find the dates that were in the general public release! I was on hold for 1 hour and 15 minutes with the phone on speaker. There was no music or announcements, so when the CM said Hello it startled me and I grabbed my phone my finger slid over the off button and it hung up. I called back and they were closed for the evening... Maybe it was subconscious because in my heart I really hate to move things around and loose all my planning!

One of the best scenes from one of the best movies. First time I saw that movie I was balling my eyes out till that scene and then started laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. Didn't help that each of these women represent one of my Dad's sisters, who also happen to be Southern Steel Magnolia's themselves, just from Mississippi instead of Louisiana. Right down to one with kidney problems.

And perfect to cut the tension :jumping2:

I want to save my free dining!!! Where can I find the dates that were in the general public release! I was on hold for 1 hour and 15 minutes with the phone on speaker. There was no music or announcements, so when the CM said Hello it startled me and I grabbed my phone my finger slid over the off button and it hung up. I called back and they were closed for the evening... Maybe it was subconscious because in my heart I really hate to move things around and loose all my planning!
Mousesavers website tracks dates for all promos on their historical discounts page

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/breaking-free-disney-dining-plan-announced-for-2017/

I have visited WDW 7 times in 10 years, every time driving from Canada. We are scheduled to make that road trip again, beginning Friday morning.

My travel plans have me leaving Friday morning, stopping in Georgia for the night and checking-in to Pop for one night, Saturday afternoon. We are then checking-in to Sheraton Vistana Resort on Sunday. Seriously considering canceling or rebooking, if possible.

For anyone interested - the new GFS run is out. The CMC will follow in the next 20-30 minutes and the EURO will run at 2 a.m. (hurricane watch all nighter? lol). This run of the GFS is nearly identical to the last one, skirting up the east coast....so perhaps not an outlier if the track has shown up in 2 separate runs 6 hours apart....still just one of MANY possible courses Irma could take.

Edited to add: The CMC and the NAVGEM are also showing the trend to shift east...:rolleyes:
https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/ana...n=seus&pkg=mslp_wind&runtime=2017090600&fh=96

Last edited:
Just FYI for those wanting to keep free dining. I am trying to rebook during alternate dates that were offered in the April general public release of free dining. I finally got through and was transferred to guest services. The CM told me that they are the only ones who have the power to grant that magic...fingers crossed. I will update when I know something.

Following this closely.

Hi, new here. I've been a lurker for quite sometime! We are currently scheduled to fly in this Saturday (the 9th) and be there through the 17th. The original plan this afternoon was to see where miss Irma would be heading...and if it looked like a possibility to it not being a direct impact and being off the coast, move our flight up to Friday so we would at least be on the ground in Orlando. Not sure if I'm feeling comfortable with that right now though with the current EURO model putting Orlando right in the middle of it all, but know we can't really afford to reschedule without the free dining. :sad1:

I just don't like bullies, and many people are coming to this board looking for answers, and I don't want them to find a know-it-all that gives them bad info.
I agree, there seems to be quite few know it alls but they really do believe what they're saying. They have experience. But their experience may not really be the same as yours.They mean well.

Following this closely.

Hi, new here. I've been a lurker for quite sometime! We are currently scheduled to fly in this Saturday (the 9th) and be there through the 17th. The original plan this afternoon was to see where miss Irma would be heading...and if it looked like a possibility to it not being a direct impact and being off the coast, move our flight up to Friday so we would at least be on the ground in Orlando. Not sure if I'm feeling comfortable with that right now though with the current EURO model putting Orlando right in the middle of it all, but know we can't really afford to reschedule without the free dining. :sad1:
Still on hold. Will update as soon as I know something. They might tell me no but it's worth trying.

Following this closely.

Can you wait and see if Disney officially activates their hurricane policy tomorrow? There should be at least some clearer indication of where it is headed by then (no assurances unfortunately).

thank you guys for the info!! When I called this morning first thing the CM said to me was, "You will lose the free dining you must understand that before we continue." Then preceded to tell me there were no rooms at all available at any resort but Copper Creek Villas if I were to move, but there are tons online! Is there any way to just talk to guest services or should I wait and be transferred when the reservation doesn't work out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter