Hurricane Irma?

Latest model has the eye never going over Orlando... has it more to the east. Could still be a few rough days but this is why I don't think people coming this weekend should change plans yet. Give it till tomorrow at least.

Sorry to sound reprimanding but September IS THE HIGH POINT of the Hurricane season. If you booked a trip in this period, you gambled. Nobody has lost the bet yet. But if you booked a short Fri-Mon stay then you're probably better off canceling or rescheduling. For the week longers, you'll probably have 2 days washed out

I've always believed that an ounce of prevention, is worth more than a pound of cure. That's just me...

In any event, for anyone who is interested, here is a link for a hurricane relief and rescue group, mainly for Florida/Irma.

These people are already getting prepared for a repeat of Harvey devastation, founded mostly by the Louisiana Cajun Navy and Texas Navy.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HurricaneIrma/

Latest model has the eye never going over Orlando... has it more to the east. Could still be a few rough days but this is why I don't think people coming this weekend should change plans yet. Give it till tomorrow at least.

The eye is the calmest part of the storm...just saying...

Do you remember which resorts had some availability left? We are in the exact same boat, thinking of rescheduling our dates from the 9-16 to 12-19 or 13-20.

Sorry! Just got out of a meeting. There was Saratoga springs and a sprinkling of other resorts. I was able to give up our first two nights at boulder ridge in a 2 bedroom. We are now at boulder ridge from the 13-19 and then one night at grand Floridian villas for the night of the 19th. I was able to change our rental car and the scooters for my parents. Busy morning but my stress level is way down.

Now my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in irmas current path, and my former employee who just moved to west palm beach.

If it makes you feel any better I am in the same mental illness boat on top of other horrible things happening to me over the past few months since I booked the trip. I drive for work and keep having to pull over to cry. I can't even help it. I'm so sad it physically hurts. I tried to keep it together but after sitting on hold for an hour to get a CM that acted like she didn't even know a hurricane was coming and basically told me they could do nothing for me, I have lost it. I have to make a decision by tomorrow and its looking like I'll have to just cancel and not go at all. I haven't even been able to eat today I feel so sick over it.
:grouphug::grouphug:

This is probably a gross and selfish question, but it's something bothering my wife and me. Is there a precedent for a big storm such as this to delay ride refurb? Splash Mountain is our favorite ride, and our trip is (coincidentally) starting the day the refurb is ending. Is there a chance we're gonna be SOL with Splash?

You might consider bringing your water with you. If a cat. 5 hits anywhere in Fl there will possibly be no deliveries anywhere! This is a huge storm and being on the road, with evacuations going on, will be a awful. IMHO...if you don't have to travel to FL this weekend, stay put.
I'm considering postponing. The biggest problem is we are staying offsite in a timeshare and not sure if that can be rescheduled and we would lose that reservation. Also, my parents are flying into Orlando on the 8th, the same day we drive up and I'm not sure they can change their flights. I have more checking to do!

That is so annoying. The warnings only ever go into effect a day or two out from when it will strike (so maybe Friday if lucky). I wish they wouldn't encourage people to ride out a storm on their property.
My travel agent emailed me at noon and is on hold with WDW about hurricane warning. She said I would not be refunded without a warning but I don't want to go to Florida with it in a state of emergency. I know it's a lot of what ifs but my biggest fear is drowning by water. Waiting for travel agent to call back

Its times like this that make me second guess wanting to live in Florida. I sit and think about how can you leave if your job won't allow for it? What do you do?

I by no means am a meteorologist. I also assume that the majority of those on this board aren't either. I've read as much as I can about Irma, listened to weather reports, and have read as many threads as possible. The best possible advice I can give people is to wait. Yes, I realize this is not possible for the majority of people here. Some people have to make decisions today or tomorrow. For those, I'm deeply sorry, and I know that's a tough spot to be in. For those that can wait to make a decision, I would do that. Not to beat a dead horse here, but no one knows the exact trajectory of this storm. The worst thing you can do is overreact and then wish you could go back and reverse plans. I'm definitely not advocating sitting by and twiddling your thumbs, as a backup plan needs to be in place, but in this case (if possible) this best thing to do is wait and see. Easier said than done though, right? Thus the reason I'm stalking this board constantly

This is probably a gross and selfish question, but it's something bothering my wife and me. Is there a precedent for a big storm such as this to delay ride refurb? Splash Mountain is our favorite ride, and our trip is (coincidentally) starting the day the refurb is ending. Is there a chance we're gonna be SOL with Splash?
Splash is already closed and being refurbished as we speak.

Latest NHC has the storm still off the coast and shifting west. So like I said, this thing is still up in the air. It's looking like Orlando will be good for until Saturday for sure. After that it's anybody's guess. Could shift west or east and Orlando just gets some really bad storms.

We are scheduled to arrive Saturday the 9th - 16th. I am so conflicted about what to do. Planned this trip with kids,husband and granddaughter over year ago. since then diagnosed with Breast cancer. This trip has been the one thing getting me thru treatments. I know they dont know impact yet but how long do I wait. Also will I lose money on MNSSHP?

We are leaving tomorrow on a 7.5 hour drive from our home in Georgia to Disney. We're staying till the 16th. It's very hard for us to reschedule because of my husband's work schedule. Do you think it will be ok? If we were going for a shorter amount of time, I would try to work it out but with 9 nights and 10 days, I'm thinking we can just wait it out if anything happens.
What part of GA? We live in Winder. We are staying the 7-17th. Leaving at 3:00 am Thursday morning. Praying this storm goes away! If not, I think the Contemporary will be pretty safe and they have an Arcade to keep our girls (and me) entertained :)

We are at Disney now until Saturday but have since changed our flights to Friday to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter