Hurricane Irma?

I know no one wants a hurricane to ruin their vacation but the models continue to show Irma slipping further south and into the Gulf of Mexico. We need to hope this does not happen Texas does not need another Harvey nor does NOLA. Lets hope Irma goes out to the Atlantic and does not touch land!!

We fly in on the 9th, and while I'm certainly worried about my trip (we've been saving for 3 years to make this happen), I am so incredibly worried for everyone in the storm's path. Let's all hope for a miracle that it turns soon and avoids as much landfall as possible.

We have a flight out Friday and are there until the 14th. Our daughter's birthday is the 10th one of the main reasons we planned to go now. I feel like we need to push out our trip to Feb break. When the kids have no school. And some how make up her birthday here at home. I don't know what to do. Or we may have to cancel and never go to Disney at all. We got a deal at the Polynesian bc of the dining plan. Even if we are there during the storm her birthday will be ruined bc we could be stuck inside on the 10th and maybe even longer. Plus we have MNSSHP planned for the 10th.
I wish Disney could just copy and paste my ADR and fast passes for a week or 2 out. We have never had to worry about this so I have no clue what to do or what Disney will do to help fix our trip.

I know no one wants a hurricane to ruin their vacation but the models continue to show Irma slipping further south and into the Gulf of Mexico. We need to hope this does not happen Texas does not need another Harvey nor does NOLA. Lets hope Irma goes out to the Atlantic and does not touch land!!
My thought exactly! I have a trip planned on 9/14 AND I live in NOLA so after it no longer becomes a threat to FL, I still have to watch it before making our decision to cancel or still go!

European model shows like one stray model going off into Louisiana - but it's still centered almost entirely around Florida.

AL11_2017090500_ECENS.png

We are driving and will arrive on Friday. We are staying off-site and need to make most of our food due to severe food allergies. Our plan was to buy necessities like water once we get there, but now am thinking we need to have water shipped to our resort. Who does everyone use? Staples? Amazon? We have 9 people in our group, so trying to make sure we have enough in case we are without for several days.

Just a heads up, even though Southwest does not have it listed as a warning yet for Florida, I was able to move up my flight at no charge. Out of curiosity I put in my confirmation number and a message popped up that I could make a one time change at no charge. I am now flying out of Philly at 6 am Saturday morning instead of 5:30 at night. Hopefully Irma does not speed up too much! (Hope it misses the US entirely, of course). Good luck everyone!

I just logged into SWA this morning and there is a yellow triangle by my departing flight on Saturday the 9th with that message of being able to change my flight at no additional cost. I am wondering if I should arrive on Friday the 8th instead? As I see it, my choices are add a day on the beginning of my trip or cancel. Currently my dates are September 9-13th. I don't know what to do.

We are driving and will arrive on Friday. We are staying off-site and need to make most of our food due to severe food allergies. Our plan was to buy necessities like water once we get there, but now am thinking we need to have water shipped to our resort. Who does everyone use? Staples? Amazon? We have 9 people in our group, so trying to make sure we have enough in case we are without for several days.
You might consider bringing your water with you. If a cat. 5 hits anywhere in Fl there will possibly be no deliveries anywhere! This is a huge storm and being on the road, with evacuations going on, will be a awful. IMHO...if you don't have to travel to FL this weekend, stay put.

I just logged into SWA this morning and there is a yellow triangle by my departing flight on Saturday the 9th with that message of being able to change my flight at no additional cost. I am wondering if I should arrive on Friday the 8th instead?

I think you would be okay if you can move your flight up to an earlier time Saturday morning. I moved mine up just in case, but really think I would have been ok even if we took the later flight. But, if you don't mind paying for an extra night at a hotel, and it makes you less stressed, then I would go for it!

If I had a short trip planned that involved this weekend, I'd be canceling right now. I know that sucks after all that planning, but the forecasts are strongly leaning toward a Florida hit. Even if Orlando misses the brunt of it, it will likely be raining and nasty.

I'm worried about Invest94L behind it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter