Hurricane Irma?

I know! I have jury duty starting the week after our trip; already got a postponement for this trip (not sure they'd grant another), my mom is having a total knee replacement end of September, and our dog is scheduled to have leg surgery around the same time as my mom so we can't travel again for months due to obligations at home. We usually go to Disney in Feb (either Disneyland, Disney World or Disney cruise) and we were thinking of doing something different this year but looks like that's when I'll reschedule for & just plan on MNSSHP in 2018. Still hoping Irma blows out to sea.

i believe 48 hours in advance.
Yes, the hurricane warning for the Lesser Antilles was just issued this morning with anticipated impact Wednesday morning.

Alot of people have asked about when flights would be cancelled, etc. and while no one knows that answer yet obviously, windy.com can show you the wind impacts at various points along the forecasted paths. There's a play button in the lower left corner that will play the forecast out to the 13th at this point, and you can switch between the GFS (US model) and the ECMWF (European model) in the lower right corner. I don't know how long it takes to update this view after a latest forecast comes out, but this is a very interesting perspective given that it's hard to understand from the spaghetti models how far out from the center the impact is felt.

I've heard some examples of how Southwest handles hurricanes... Any first hand Knowledge of JetBlue? Specifically wondering if they will allow for earlier departures if a warning is issues (say 24 hours or so)?

By the way, this thread is great... lots of good information and lets plenty of us think about our options in case anything does happen, while hoping it doesn't of course :)

I've heard some examples of how Southwest handles hurricanes... Any first hand Knowledge of JetBlue? Specifically wondering if they will allow for earlier departures if a warning is issues (say 24 hours or so)?

By the way, this thread is great... lots of good information and lets plenty of us think about our options in case anything does happen, while hoping it doesn't of course :)

Yes, Jetblue has let us move our flights up with an impending blizzard. Jetblue has already issued hurricane plans for Caribbean

I pulled the trigger and moved my trip by a few days. We were scheduled to fly in on Monday the 11th. I know that the track of the hurricane is far from decided, but I have a lot of flexibility in terms of vacation time so it seemed like the safest bet for me. We'll be in WDW from Sept 14th - 23rd now. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for all of you that have trips coming up sooner.

I really don't want to say this... but just keep an eye on Jose too.

We flew JetBlue in October when Hurricane Matthew hit. Basically as soon as the Hurricane Watches/Warnings were issued we called to change our flight. We were scheduled to fly out on Saturday (the hurricane hit on Friday) and they allowed us to change to Monday with no change fees or fare differences. It was great. We love JetBlue.

Wondering the same thing! If it starts to look dicey on Sunday I might get an earlier flight. I'm hoping they would understand if there's a potential storm coming.

We flew JetBlue in October when Hurricane Matthew hit. Basically as soon as the Hurricane Watches/Warnings were issued we called to change our flight. We were scheduled to fly out on Saturday (the hurricane hit on Friday) and they allowed us to change to Monday with no change fees or fare differences. It was great. We love JetBlue.

Wow that is awesome to hear!!!

I really don't want to say this... but just keep an eye on Jose too.

Not to be rude....but if you didn't want to say it why did you? Considering that Jose has not even become a tropical depression yet I'm not going to worry about a collection of storms just off the coast of Africa. It's just a little bit different than a category 3/4 hurricane that is days away :rolleyes:

Not to be rude....but if you didn't want to say it why did you? Considering that Jose has not even become a tropical depression yet I'm not going to worry about a collection of storms just off the coast of Africa. It's just a little bit different than a category 3/4 hurricane that is days away :rolleyes:

Of course, but I was blowing this storm off when the first people started talking about it. I just think more information is always good. Never want to be blindsided.

But I do apologize if it came across wrong.

Just wondering did you call before they closed the airport?

Of course, but I was blowing this storm off when the first people started talking about it. I just think more information is always good. Never want to be blindsided.

But I do apologize if it came across wrong.

I completely agree with you, many were blowing Irma off with the same exact words a week and a half (or so) ago. This could be a very active hurricane season. Anyone interested in weather or concerned about their plans should be watching to see what happens. So much rudeness for people just wanting to be informed and inform others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter