Hurricane Irma: CONFIRMED ~ All Parks, Water Parks and Disney Springs: Normal Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree!!! Because this thread can then slowly disappear... :)

I just wanted to say that this has been one of the most helpful threads I have seen on the Dis and you guys are doing a fantastic job!! Between this one and the riding out Irma thread on the resorts board - it's provided lots of much needed info to current and future travelers and Disney lovers all over!! Thank you!!

Gosh, that they might not have been paid is pretty obscene to me, is that standard in USA? Not standard here :/

I hope though that not many have had their future hours cleared like I saw in FastPassers post.
They did disappear but they reappeared this morning. It was a computer problem and all shifts are now posted. Everyone in my group is working as they normally would. In addition, they've posted lots of extra shifts that can be grabbed by anyone on property who is trained. Not that I want to, but I could work 7 days next week.
Seems like Disney taking advantage of the lower crowds and recouping some of that $$.
I don't see it that way.

It definitely isn't uncommon; to quote what an old boss said to me when our business had to close for the day due to a power outage, "you don't work, you don't get paid."

Go Disney for stepping up to the plate!

Wow, that is so full on. I see this as no fault of the worker at all, so they should be paid for something that is no fault of their own (thank goodness that is my country's expectation!) But if at odds with expectation, then yes, go Disney!

Bummed that they closed the cabins. We were booked 9-11 rescheduled to 9-15 and then got a phone call as we were leaving (one day before check in) that the cabins will be closed until the 20th and the campsites until further notice Really upset that when we called back I spent all day on the phone getting disconnected and then being told they couldn't find us a room anywhere. Finally got something at all star music and am so not happy. But apparently all of the Disney resorts are booked solid for the next week and a half.

I just wanted to say that this has been one of the most helpful threads I have seen on the Dis and you guys are doing a fantastic job!! Between this one and the riding out Irma thread on the resorts board - it's provided lots of much needed info to current and future travelers and Disney lovers all over!! Thank you!!

On behalf of @yulilin3 who reported from AoA, @rteetz who joined in and scanned through every Disney Tweet imaginable, @FastPasser. who checked the Hub for us, all the DISers who posted confirmed info, and my CM source who willingly shared info with me, you're very welcome!

I didn't mean to sound irreverent in my previous post - it's that this thread is on Day#9 and still no confirmation for Typhoon Lagoon. :)

This was a great and purposeful thread:
*My main diversion from worrying about my DD.
*It kept me from reading any other Irma threads on TPAS. ;)

In an unprecedented move by WDW, all CMs who were scheduled to work on Sunday and Monday will be paid for those shifts!!

Many have discussed how CMs weren't paid last year when Hurricane Matthew closed the parks because it was an "act of God." It was just announced today that CMs who lost their Sunday and Monday shifts will be paid accordingly!!

Go CMs!! Go Disney!!

If Disney World can afford to donate 2.5 million to hurricane relief efforts, they can afford to pay their employees. Now, if only my company and all the others in Fl. could get on board...

If Disney World can afford to donate 2.5 million to hurricane relief efforts, they can afford to pay their employees. Now, if only my company and all the others in Fl. could get on board...

Exactly. Luckily for me my company is paying me for the days we were closed. Should be the same practice across all places

Living on a generator here in SWFL. Our area got hit pretty hard. Thinking about taking the girlfriend to WDW Sunday-Friday in hopes our power will be back on soon. Can't find a single value resort on property on the website so probably staying Marriott. We need some Disney time, this week has been rough

Living on a generator here in SWFL. Our area got hit pretty hard. Thinking about taking the girlfriend to WDW Sunday-Friday in hopes our power will be back on soon. Can't find a single value resort on property on the website so probably staying Marriott. We need some Disney time, this week has been rough
On Tuesday, when Duke Energy reported power would be out through the weekend, DD and her BF, who benefit from a combo of CM discounts and Sheraton/Marriott discounts, began searching for rooms.

Marriott's Harbour Lake and Grande Vista Resorts have openings if you like timeshare properties. Marriott's Cypress Harbour also has openings and is a little pricier.

All Disney Value Resorts offered CM rates which is unusual and DD stayed at ASMovies for 2 nights. She said the All Stars was a gathering of CMs but most should be checking out as their power gets restored. Hope you have a great trip. :)

It definitely isn't uncommon; to quote what an old boss said to me when our business had to close for the day due to a power outage, "you don't work, you don't get paid."

Go Disney for stepping up to the plate!

Wow, that is so full on. I see this as no fault of the worker at all, so they should be paid for something that is no fault of their own (thank goodness that is my country's expectation!) But if at odds with expectation, then yes, go Disney!

@Felicis, the "no work, no pay" doctrine is very common in the US. Many workers do not get paid if they're sick, their child is sick, or if they want to take a vacation. And in this case, when the business is closed due to disaster and therefore doesn't have any income, the workers won't/can't be paid because the business doesn't have the wherewithal to pay them.

@Felicis, the "no work, no pay" doctrine is very common in the US. Many workers do not get paid if they're sick, their child is sick, or if they want to take a vacation. And in this case, when the business is closed due to disaster and therefore doesn't have any income, the workers won't/can't be paid because the business doesn't have the wherewithal to pay them.

Heck I didn't even get paid when I had a baby. No paid maternity leave. Just short term disability. Def not the same as in other countries when there's even paid paternal leave.

Back on topic with Irma Updates especially for @SealedSeven:

Information on Hurricane Irma
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will reopen for Guests on Saturday, September 16. Walt Disney World theme parks, Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney Springs have returned to normal, advertised operating hours.

On behalf of yulilin3 who reported from AoA, rteetz who joined in and scanned through every Disney Tweet imaginable, FastPasser who checked the Hub for us, all the DISers who posted confirmed info, and my CM source who willingly shared info with me, you're very welcome!
Yada, yada, yada, but you omitted the most important person ...............you.
I didn't mean to sound irreverent in my previous post
I didn't notice, you shouldn't have said anything. Now I'll have to reread it. Besides, I like irreverent.
My main diversion from worrying about my DD.
And that trumps everything.

Last Update!

Walt Disney World theme parks, Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park and Disney Springs have returned to normal, advertised operating hours.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/hurricane-irma-info/

For SSR Information:
https://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-resorts.187/

For Fort Wilderness Information:
https://www.disboards.com/forums/camping-at-disney-world.24/

Fort Wilderness After IRMA

Fort Wilderness Dining Information:
https://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-restaurants.14/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter