Hurricane Dorian / WDW Theme Parks Discussion

I am thinking of heading down from Ohare to Orlando on Thursday instead of Wednesday. Thoughts? We are originally supposed to come in Wednesday @12:30pm.

well the impacts are evident. Was at MK this morning for EMH from 7am to 10am and taking it at a very slow pace I was able to walk on (no waiting whatsoever) on Peter Pan, IASW, Carousel, Tea Cups, Buzz, Peoplemover, Magic Carpet, meet Tiana and Rapunzel, watch the welcome ceremony from inside the castle, Mickey and Minnie and Snow White. saw the trolley show and could've walked on to 7DMT but I was streaming and I loose stream in there. Walked entire park
I'll be at DHS for EEMH.

I would love to see that stream. Is a replay online?

As long as yall realize it's still hurricane season. You won't be clear of worry
We had our trip with Matthew in October. I think Irma was then too
We're scheduled to fly in Tuesday morning...but at this point, I am really leaning towards rescheduling to end of September. The uncertainty is too stressful,
I officially couldn't take it anymore and am now switching to end of September. I hope everyone stays safe and Dorian makes that turn East and goes far off to sea!

I am thinking of heading down from Ohare to Orlando on Thursday instead of Wednesday. Thoughts? We are originally supposed to come in Wednesday @12:30pm.

I absolutely would postpone till Thursday (the later in the day the better). Storm will be parallel to here on Wednesday. If airline will let you switch now, be proactive rather than reactive

currently at SeaWorld. They just announced they closing at 17:30 tonight instead of 19:00 in preparation for Dorian, it's been quiet here all day (walk on for everything) and the majority of people here headed for exit when last deluge came down, a cynic may say they are using the hurricane as exscue to turn everything off and send staff home early to save money. Can't see Disney doing the same this evening as will be last resort having to refund not so scary tickets

currently at SeaWorld. They just announced they closing at 17:30 tonight instead of 19:00 in preparation for Dorian, it's been quiet here all day (walk on for everything) and the majority of people here headed for exit when last deluge came down, a cynic may say they are using the hurricane as exscue to turn everything off and send staff home early to save money. Can't see Disney doing the same this evening as will be last resort having to refund not so scary tickets
Disney will wait until it is absolutely necessary to close. They have to pay all unionized CM who are scheduled to work if Disney decides to close the parks. I really doubt they will close or even to cut some hours of operations

A lot of people forget, October is the month that Florida gets hit with the the most hurricanes.

I have never bothered getting travel insurance. I think I will from now on! Is there a thread devoted to travel insurance?

If you can change it, I would. I doubt you will get in there on Wednesday

If you can change it, I would. I doubt you will get in there on Wednesday

Pending what time on Wed could make it in. It's supposed to be north of Jacksonville by late Wed

Which is a reason why I still plan on driving down Wed. I'll just leave later than in the morning though. Probably take us 19 to Ocala and jump on 75 there instead of I10 to i75 as that will keep me more west for a good portion

Now we have that other disturbance behind Dorian. I really hope nothing forms here or my vac will be ruined.

My trip isn't until the 24th and this is the one I'm watching like a hawk. I am in that camp that says I'm going regardless of the weather, but I can't force the planes to fly so....;) Normally we drive and have much more flexibility with arrivals, this time not so much. It's a long way out there though so trying not to obsess over this until there's something to actually worry about.

Sitting in the room at Pop Century Resort after a run from a late rainstorm wondering if we are going to be able to fly out Wednesday night or not oh well guess we get an extra day possibly. On the upside the Mickeys not so scary Halloween party is still set to go off this evening from what I understand which we have tickets for should be interesting!

We are headed there too. Drove through a rain band. Then sunny skies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter