Hunted

Funny, I'm watching the one where the one couple is in Myrtle Beach on vacation when they got told to run. They're across the street from my house at the gas station. lol

So mad they caught David and Emily. Now I'm rooting for Lee and Hilmar. I love they flew Lee wife in right under there nose and they didn't catch it lol.

I think the English and Stephen are the worst team they have no plan. They are just barely hanging on.

My kids are watching it. I've seen bits and pieces of it with them. Fun concept and great TV entertainment, but so phony. It's about as "reality" as the WWE.

Why do you say that

Camera crews following all participants, all chasers...which are all part of the same group producing the show. No way they don't have forms of communication between them, they would pretty much have to so that they know when to film and when not to. I doubt the film crews are filming all the participants 24/7, they have to know when something is worth filming. The people running walk up to "strangers", some of whom just so happen to be wearing microphones, and then they let full camera crews in their cars. Sorry, I just can't see it being all reality. There's no way that the crews don't know where each other are, and therefore quite easily the chasers know where everyone is at all times.

I don't mean to be completely knocking the show, though in some way I know I am. My kids love it, and the parts I've seen have been entertaining. But it's a soap opera.

Camera crews following all participants, all chasers...which are all part of the same group producing the show. No way they don't have forms of communication between them, they would pretty much have to so that they know when to film and when not to. I doubt the film crews are filming all the participants 24/7, they have to know when something is worth filming. The people running walk up to "strangers", some of whom just so happen to be wearing microphones, and then they let full camera crews in their cars. Sorry, I just can't see it being all reality. There's no way that the crews don't know where each other are, and therefore quite easily the chasers know where everyone is at all times.

I disagree. but I appreciate your view point.

So mad they caught David and Emily. Now I'm rooting for Lee and Hilmar. I love they flew Lee wife in right under there nose and they didn't catch it lol.

I think the English and Stephen are the worst team they have no plan. They are just barely hanging on.

I agree.::yes::

I thought David and Emily could have gone all the way. I think they would have had a better chance of getting away if they stayed IN the vehicle.:headache: So now I'm rooting for Lee and Hilmar too.
English and Stephen:sad2:

I don't mean to be completely knocking the show, though in some way I know I am. My kids love it, and the parts I've seen have been entertaining. But it's a soap opera.
Well this is some info about it from Wikipedia:

upload_2017-2-24_9-50-24.png

Well this is some info about it from Wikipedia:

View attachment 222022

Well, Wiki is never wrong, so... :P (I'm just teasing, not seriously mad).

I guess none of us really know how real it is or isn't. I don't think it's 100% soap opera in that every single thing is scripted. But I also don't believe that it's true reality. My guess is there is communications between the different crews and some pre-set up done to film certain scenes. It has to be made good for TV.

I guess none of us really know how real it is or isn't. I don't think it's 100% soap opera in that every single thing is scripted. But I also don't believe that it's true reality. My guess is there is communications between the different crews and some pre-set up done to film certain scenes. It has to be made good for TV.
I totally don't use Wiki as a failsafe must be right source but it tends to shed light on things.

I get what you're saying though. I do however, think they at least try to make it as real-life as they can given the circumstances. Probably the most prominent 'not like real-life' thing is the camera man for sure but if they didn't have them then we wouldn't get all the environment details that we do.

They're trying to mimic a real world law enforcement scenario. Phone contacts and social media accounts would have been accessible to law enforcement via subpoena, as would much of the info they get and use. Of course they don't have real warrants for the show, but I've seen nothing that would be impossible in a real world manhunt.

Everything, and I mean everything now-a-days is 100% fake. I've watched too much "Adam Ruins Everything" to ever believe in anything ever again. lol Sad but so very true.

They're trying to mimic a real world law enforcement scenario. Phone contacts and social media accounts would have been accessible to law enforcement via subpoena, as would much of the info they get and use. Of course they don't have real warrants for the show, but I've seen nothing that would be impossible in a real world manhunt.
Yeah if it were as easy as they are making it look, there would be zero unsolved cases and missing persons these days.

I used to do bail bonds. Bounty hunting is part of it.
I've used Facebook to track folks. Even out of state.
There is also a subscription site I've used. Run name birthday and few other things. It will track a person.
Jobs,persons of interest. Lists of addresses, hospital check ins.
Used it found address. It gave me a map and names/phone number of neighbors.. I called 20 year old neighbors kid. Who told me where the guy was!

I really enjoy Hunted as does my husband which surprises me. He doesn't get involved in any kind of reality show or tv series except for Fargo. But we have had some great discussions on all the information that is out there and how it's accessed. Who knew the post office took a picture of each piece of mail? And all those cameras that we tend to overlook especially taking pictures of license plates on the highways.

My husband just knows he could live off the grid and I really think he could. But he would never be chosen for the show because he has no FB account for one and I told him that. :)

I love the concept of this show and it's fun to discuss over dinner with friends. I don't know how long it will last though. A season or two and most contestants will have the concept of the game and it will be harder to track them. I imagine they are already filming the next season.

I watched parts of a couple of episodes. How can you not get caught with a camera crew following you around?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter