Hungry Bear Fantasmic Package

abby2525

Mouseketeer
I'm guessing the Hungry Bear is the least expensive Fantasmic package? I don't quite understand how it works? Do you just make a reservation for the HBR at the time of Fantasmic? Or is there a special way to do it? My 60 days aren't out yet, so I can't look yet, but want to understand what I'm supposed to be doing when the date comes. Thanks!

We did this last summer. Booked the second showing of Fantasmic. Not 100% sure of exact details so hopefully someone else can help but I remember showing up about 20 mins before our dining time and joined a line of guests with ADRs. I will say the process seemed unorganized. We eventually ordered at a cashier kinda place then proceeded to get our food at the counter. Again, a little disorganized here too. Found a table and ate.

Can’t remember exactly what we had to prove our dining reservation but we had something. About 20 mins before Fantasmic we entered the area designated for Hungry Bear guests. We found a place to sit but it was pretty full by the time we got there. Next time we would arrive a bit earlier.

Location was good and to save having to arrive really early for Fantasmic, it was worth it to us.

You specifically book the Hungry Bear Fantasmic package. The times are not for the show, because the viewing area is separate from the restaurant. If you book earlier times, then you get a pass for the first Fantasmic show; if you book later times, then you get a pass for the second show.

Google Hungry Bear Fantasmic and it will show you DLR’s information page.

Reservations for the 1st show are before 7pm, 2nd show is after 7pm. The line for the dining packages can be slow, because they only use one cashier, so factor some waiting time into your plan. When it's time to return for the show, the line forms close to Harbor Galley. If you want to sit really close to the railing, arrive there at least 30-45 minutes before the time listed on your dining voucher.

I just did the Hungry Bear Fantasmic package a week ago. You book 60 days out and the time will be well before the show. For example I had a 5:30pm time for my meal at the Hungry Bear for the 1st showing of Fantasmic. When you book a time it will say if it is for the 1st or second show. When you arrive at the Hungry Bear there is a line to the left that is dedicated for the Fantasmic reservations, they check you in with your name (just like any other dining) and then they give you a menu and they told me I could substitute a cheeseburger (and maybe something else) from the regular menu if I wanted. Then at the actual order station they check your name again and you order and get your paper pass for Fantasmic seating.

When I arrived at 5:30 for the Hungry Bear there wasn't a line of people, it was me and one other group. So ordering was quick and my food arrived fast. I was kind of surprised because it was Easter weekend so the park was busy and it was right at prime dinner time.

I did end up substituting a cheeseburger for my meal. I wasn't in the mood for BBQ and a burger sounded really good. To be honest that was not a good idea, I should have went with the BBQ. The burger was kind of dry, the fries were ok but I had actually ordered onion rings. I could have complained about not getting the onion rings but I was feeling lazy, I'm sure if I had said something they would have fixed it. The smores dessert that came with the meal was actually kind of tasty though. I have had the ribs before with this package and they were better than the burger.

Overall, I would go with the Hungry Bear again. It is the cheapest package and I like having a spot where I can sit and watch the show without much fuss.

Thank you very much for all info. That helps!
Would you all say it was worth it or can you still see Fantasmic pretty good from the regular viewing area?

Would you all say it was worth it or can you still see Fantasmic pretty good from the regular viewing area?
I'm short, I don't love standing forever, and I don't want to deal with people trying to weasel their way in front of me at the last minute, so I think it's worth it. Enough so, that I've done the Hungry Bear package 3x now.

Thank you, I think it's worth it too. And I've read if you go to the first show you can watch the fireworks from there as well for a decent view?

Thank you, I think it's worth it too. And I've read if you go to the first show you can watch the fireworks from there as well for a decent view?

Yes, I did this package in August so my information is dated. But we arrived to the waiting area (after eating) for the Fantasmic package about a half-hour before they said to line up. There was already a line of people, maybe 10 people deep, but that was for all the packages that were going to be assigned the viewing areas - so Hungry Bear, Blue Bayou, etc.

While in line, we learned that the Blue Bayou package no longer came with the seat cushions (we had considered that, but just bought outdoor seat cushions at Kohl's and stuffed them in a locker). Then, when it came time to separate the lines, they asked which package we had (we showed the tickets) and we ended up being first in the line for Hungry Bear packages, so we got to sit (on the ground on our seat cushion) in the very front, not have to worry about other people's heads being too tall for us. We sat for the entire show and then stood for the fireworks. You see the projections on the "screens" with Fantasmic. The only thing you miss is Baymax or Tinker Bell flying by.

We just did this last week. Booked for a 5.45pm pick up to get a voucher for the 9pm show. We didn’t have any issue with the line being disorganised or taking a long time, maybe we were lucky. I had the ribs which I really enjoyed, we ate at the outdoor tables by the restaurant then went on a few more rides and came back at around 8.15pm, we were able to get a spot near the front which had a great view. We’d brought a picnic blanket and had plenty of room. If you need to pop out of the area you can do and they will give you a ticket to get back in, so the rest of the family got us a spot and got settled while I went out to the restroom and to get us all some churros. We stayed in the same spot afterwards and had a good view of the fireworks too.

I’m wondering if the F! package makes sense for me after all because sitting on the ground won’t work (my knees don’t allow for easily getting down and getting back up is beyond difficult). Should I just count on watching from the accessible area with ECV or do the package areas take into account people with alternate needs? It just sunk in that DL doesn’t have the F! stand like at WDW.

If you don't do the dinner package, do you stand to watch and can you pretty much see everything? or is there a place on the ground to sit for walk ups as well?

It is definitely worth it for Fantasmic. Although I don’t love the hungry Bear Fantasmic food and in the past asked to get a burger instead.

We did this last summer and agree with the other posters-- I felt it was worth it, but get there at least 30m before the stated line up time if you need to be in the very first row. We sat in the second row and you weren't packed in too tightly so I feel like we had a pretty good view and I tried to put my kids in the "window" between the groups in front of us.

My tips are that one person with a blanket can hold the space pretty easily if you want to send others for snacks/treats/bathroom... but if you don't have something to spread out people will crowd closer. Last summer, you could use mobile order to get beignets and hot cocoa nearby, which worked nicely.

If you don't do the dinner package, do you stand to watch and can you pretty much see everything? or is there a place on the ground to sit for walk ups as well?

You'll be standing but people do sit during the waiting period until CMs tell everyone to stand up a few minutes before the show. You can see everything but be a little bit further away.

I’m wondering if the F! package makes sense for me after all because sitting on the ground won’t work (my knees don’t allow for easily getting down and getting back up is beyond difficult). Should I just count on watching from the accessible area with ECV or do the package areas take into account people with alternate needs? It just sunk in that DL doesn’t have the F! stand like at WDW.

Watch from the accessible section. If I remember correctly, the accessible section is basically right behind the River Belle Terrace dining package section where they're all seated so you see over them. If you paid for a dining package, it'd be basically the same view although if you paid for the Blue Bayou package, you'd be a bit more in the center.

We just did this last week. Booked for a 5.45pm pick up to get a voucher for the 9pm show. We didn’t have any issue with the line being disorganised or taking a long time, maybe we were lucky. I had the ribs which I really enjoyed, we ate at the outdoor tables by the restaurant then went on a few more rides and came back at around 8.15pm, we were able to get a spot near the front which had a great view. We’d brought a picnic blanket and had plenty of room. If you need to pop out of the area you can do and they will give you a ticket to get back in, so the rest of the family got us a spot and got settled while I went out to the restroom and to get us all some churros. We stayed in the same spot afterwards and had a good view of the fireworks too.
Is this a reservation that needs to be booked exactly 60 days out. Meaning, are reservations sold out on drop day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter