HS with a 3 year old?

Jerseyprincess317

Mouseketeer
We are planning our 2nd trip to Disney the summer. Last year we skipped HS but DH really wants to see the Star Wars stuff. So there enough to do there with a 3 year old?

I think so. One thing to keep in mind about HS is that everything seems to take a little longer there. Even when the park had more things opened, it never looked like a lot to do on the map, but we could easily fill a day. HS is great for the little set with the Playhouse Disney stuff and characters. Its actually our favorite place to see characters. Other stuff for the preschool set include Toy Story, the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast. My kids also liked the Stunt Show at that age too. I wouldn't say our three year old loved Fantasmic but he didn't have any issues with it. If park hoppers are in your budget, I think this is a good park to pair with an afternoon or evening at EPCOT.

Lots of shows! Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, Frozen Singalong, Disney Junior Live on stage, Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Muppets 3d, and Toy Story Mania ride too
My 3 year old is already 40 inches tall so he can do star tours, and even Tower of Terror though I don't know that we will with him. I think only thing he for sure can't do there is the Rock n Rollercoaster

We spent the day at HS and had a lot of fun. My 5 year old loved all the Star Wars stuff. My 3 year old did the Jedi training with him and had fun. Her favorites were meeting Olaf, the frozen sing along, little mermaid show, the muppets, and the toy story ride. The Disney junior show looked cute, we just never made it. We also had a great breakfast at h&v where my kids were very excited to meet doc, Sofia, and Jake.

Have taken DS to Disney several times now since 3 (he's now 6). HS has just never really worked for us. Half day park at most. We like a couple of things but just find ourselves looking around like "now what." I know you can fill a day but we prefer to spend our time in the other parks.

My boys have enjoyed it since they were 4. Star Wars (Jedi Academy!!) Toy Story Mania is always a hit and they enjoyed Muppets way more than I had expected.

We can easily spend a whole day, it's just a slower pace than MK in my opinion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter