HS Block Party Bash?

Dizzy over Disney

Mouseketeer
Okay, so I am making my plans... We are going to HS on a Monday .. with dinner plans at 1900 Park Faire (at the Grand Floridian) at 5:10pm. My question... will we have time to see Block Party Bash at 3 before we head to the Grand Floridian? Would we take a bus :drive: from HS to the Grand Floridan? Is there anyway else we could get there?

Thanks!

You should have more than enough time. If the parade is like the others in the past, it's about 20 minutes. And yes take the bus from HS to Grand Floridan. That would be the quickest.

I saw the Block party in June. It was good. Lots of high school/early college age performers but it is a highly energetic performance. Allow one half hour for the parade. Then time to get out of HS.

Make sure you get a spot on the first stop though (basically the length of Hollywood Boulevard). You might make it if you are on along the second stop but I would play it safe

Make sure you get a spot on the first stop though (basically the length of Hollywood Boulevard). You might make it if you are on along the second stop but I would play it safe

DHS-Ctr-042408-B.jpg

How did I know Robo would come along with one of his famous maps and explain it better than I can with words!!

Just the info I was looking for, if we would like to see the parade at the first stop, we should be somewhere from the entrance to the hat? If we are on the route after the hat, the parade won't get there until 3:15ish?
Thanks!:)

Where is the best place to be to see the Toy Story "performance" portion of the parade?

Thanks!

Where is the best place to be to see the Toy Story "performance" portion of the parade?

Virtually along the entire route, you will see the "performance" portions.

But, there are several different "segments" that relate to 3 different Pixar films.
(Section 1-Toy Story, Section 2-Monsters, Inc., Section 3-a bug's life.)

The parade stops twice for the "performance" portions to take place.
It will then move on.

Where you choose to stand will determine WHICH two "performance sections" that you see.

Virtually along the entire route, you will see the "performance" portions.

But, there are several different "segments" that relate to 3 different Pixar films.
(Section 1-Toy Story, Section 2-Monsters, Inc., Section 3-a bug's life.)

The parade stops twice for the "performance" portions to take place.
It will then move on.

Where you choose to stand will determine WHICH two "performance sections" that you see.

So roughly where would I want to stand for the Monsters Inc section? For first and for second stop. I've also heard the first stop is better as the performers aren't as hot/tired?

I stood close to the hat and saw Monsters Inc and Bugs Life. Never got to see Toy Story. Hopes this helps some for the person who wanted to see Toy Story.

Thank you--so I'll avoid the hat. Had the Toy Story part already passed when they did the performances? So that a position past the hat would be good for ToyStory??

I think you are right. To the best of my memory they are the first group in line. They went pass us if I remember correctly when it first started. I'm trying to remember exactly how it went. Any one else know? I'll have to look at our tape again and see if I can figure it out.

the first stop is about 20 feet from the hat.

it then turns the corner and stops again after whole parade makes the turn.

Does Mr Potato Head always walk on the same side of the street? It seems that way in the pictures I have seen. If so, which side of the street would be the best to see him? :)

yes, one thing i've learned is the characters are primarily always on the same side, at least they were in DCA. they may visit the other side when the parade does a stop, but they tend to walk on the same side as always.

not sure if i ever posted these on here but i had to go dig them up from elsewhere. these are pics i took when directly in front of the hat

272778985_4JXxg-L.jpg
272780292_UPiri-L.jpg
272781855_wPWEf-L.jpg
272789582_psu92-L.jpg
272792910_6y3Sq-L.jpg
272795540_QZ5w2-L.jpg
272795874_Lr85e-L.jpg
272798091_QjQHG-L.jpg
272799079_fHsBt-L.jpg
272800988_96VtU-L.jpg
272802906_mrKZ8-L.jpg
272804027_Wt26M-L.jpg
272807625_uKEin-L.jpg
272808630_r9Gbx-L.jpg
272808906_Y6CU7-L.jpg
272810720_pWssb-L.jpg

Wonderful pictures! Thankyou for continuing on this thread! We are still trying to decide if we "need" to see it twice, we have two days for DHS. I have read they don't do the stops if the ground is wet, so it is definitely on the plan for day 1.
Thanks for the info!

Stops? Performances? I am SO out of the loop. :confused3 Ok we have decided on HS for one of our day trips (off property stay first time ever) and BPB was one of the deciding factors b/c I havn't seen it yet. What are some good spots to see the performances, little one would love TS the most but anywhere that is general a good spot to see as much as you can? And by performances, what do you mean exactly? Like they are just moving thru the rest of the time and at certain spots stop and do thier little show?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter