Hrs have been added

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
We leave on Jan 31and now I just noticed they added hrs to the MK. They were closing at8 most of the nights were there but now there's a few at 8 but now its anywhere from 10 or 11. I sure hope now its not going to be super busy. Also it seems strange since the other parks didn't increase the hrs. Also now there's a special event ticket one of the nights. Just looking for reassurance its not goiung to be super busy. We've gone 3 times at this time and it's always been great. Thanks for any tips. Still can't wait to go though

I disagree with robo, I think they are seeing how many are coming for pro bowl (the big came being sunday the 29th).. it looks to me like they upped hours during the festivities (some being in MK like the parade) for the crowd that's coming for the game.

Now I also don't know what robo considers super busy. when I see 7dmt longer than 30 and pirates more than 10, I call the place busy these days.. last year i'd call it empty.

I disagree with robo, I think they are seeing how many are coming for pro bowl (the big came being sunday the 29th).. it looks to me like they upped hours during the festivities (some being in MK like the parade) for the crowd that's coming for the game.

Now I also don't know what robo considers super busy. when I see 7dmt longer than 30 and pirates more than 10, I call the place busy these days.. last year i'd call it empty.

And I'd call that as the park being dead lol. Sadly I've become use to seeing Pirates with a 30+ min wait and sdmt with 60+

We leave on Jan 31and now I just noticed they added hrs to the MK. They were closing at8 most of the nights were there but now there's a few at 8 but now its anywhere from 10 or 11. I sure hope now its not going to be super busy. Also it seems strange since the other parks didn't increase the hrs. Also now there's a special event ticket one of the nights. Just looking for reassurance its not goiung to be super busy. We've gone 3 times at this time and it's always been great. Thanks for any tips. Still can't wait to go though
That's perfectly normal and what they do all the time and why some have found crowd calendars useless now.
Disney puts their park hours in pencil and changes them all.the.time.
Amount of guests in the park is not why
Besides, they haven't a clue how many guests are going to be there then. It's not like you put dates on tickets when you buy them.
I'm not sure we'll ever understand their hours strategy these days

We'll find out who is right in a few days. I'm with Robo. ProBowl is not going to impact the parks in any significant way
I did live in Hawaii and saw what the ProBowl didn't do to crowds there, so it's not like I'm totally in the dark. The only impact the ProBowl had there was it moved the Swap Meet at Aloha Stadium on that given weekend. Which bummed us out as we went there every weekend

They up the hours when they can tell it will be busier (but that is relative to the time of the year).

Disney is the only ones that know how many Fast Pass reservations are made for that day . .how many resort rooms are sold, etc. They probably have a pretty good idea how many people are going to MK.

And let's face it .. the other parks just will never be as busy as MK. People come to WDW to go to MK (and then spend some time in those other parks if they are there for more than a day).

So Probably some Pro Bowl guests staying

And I would suspect that a Pro Bowl in Orlando is going to be GREATLY more busy than in Hawaii because of the other attractions there and the cheapness of getting there compared to Hawaii. You will get more just local (as in SE United States) NFL fans checking it out because it is a short drive away. People will make a vacation of it.

And I'd call that as the park being dead lol. Sadly I've become use to seeing Pirates with a 30+ min wait and sdmt with 60+

Last Spring spoiled me.

We'll find out who is right in a few days. I'm with Robo. ProBowl is not going to impact the parks in any significant way
I did live in Hawaii and saw what the ProBowl didn't do to crowds there, so it's not like I'm totally in the dark. The only impact the ProBowl had there was it moved the Swap Meet at Aloha Stadium on that given weekend. Which bummed us out as we went there every weekend

I hope I'm wrong. I really have no clue what to expect in crowds but the way local news is carrying on about it it sounds like it'll be more impacting.

Agree with the statement about pro bowl in Hawaii versus Orlando.

Am I going to pay for airfare to Hawaii for the pro bowl? Nope.

Might I drive or pay the $90 each way Southwest airfare to get to Orlando for the pro bowl? I just might.

While I don't think huge crowds of people will pour into Disney just because of the pro bowl..I definitely think it'll be bringing tens of thousands of people to Orlando. I might be in attendance just because of the events going on being just because it's in Orlando. Would never even think about going to Hawaii for it.

Imo it's stupid they regularly have it in Hawaii..it makes it a pain for any fans to even get there and a pain to the players as well to have to travel all the way there.

So this accessibility alone will be bringing a bunch of people. But I don't think more than a few extra thousand will buy a Disney park ticket just because of it

Camping World Stadium seats a maximum of 70,000 fans. They won't even come close to that for actual attendence, but let's say they do. Then we have to assume that all 70,000 people will go to the park. Another very unlikely circumstance. 70K people broken down over 4 parks really isn't going to impact things much. Certainly not going to make Disney freak out and change their hours suddenly. They have data or metrix that support and expected bump in attendence, so they extended the hours. There is no real way to know, but seeing how it is the last week of January going into first week of February I wouldn't be overly concerned about the crowd levels being any better or worse than usual for that time of year. The actual amount of people that will be in town for both the game and Disney is probably closer to about 2,500, and I am probably grossly over estimating that as well. Also the game is 3 day prior to the 31st and all the festivities are held the week of (25th-28th) Don't worry about it, you will be fine.

Camping World Stadium seats a maximum of 70,000 fans. They won't even come close to that for actual attendence, but let's say they do. Then we have to assume that all 70,000 people will go to the park. Another very unlikely circumstance. 70K people broken down over 4 parks really isn't going to impact things much. Certainly not going to make Disney freak out and change their hours suddenly. They have data or metrix that support and expected bump in attendence, so they extended the hours. There is no real way to know, but seeing how it is the last week of January going into first week of February I wouldn't be overly concerned about the crowd levels being any better or worse than usual for that time of year. The actual amount of people that will be in town for both the game and Disney is probably closer to about 2,500, and I am probably grossly over estimating that as well. Also the game is 3 day prior to the 31st and all the festivities are held the week of (25th-28th) Don't worry about it, you will be fine.
I did a similar calculation a few months ago when the topic came up. Goodness knows what's become of that thread. But if you figure a certain percentage will come from out of town, a certain percentage of those will make a Disney vacation, figure they have some kids with them, some will go before the game and some after, it came out to about an extra 3-4000 per park per day. Not enough to make a difference. Maybe we get double that for the parade at MK on Friday.
I'm there 1/25-1/31 and I have very little worry, though I will have to drive by the stadium on I-4 on game day on my way back from church.
More concerned about the weather, though that's looking good so far as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter