How would you rate your parents cooking out of 10?

Well my dad would have rated a 0 as I never saw him make anything. I’ll give my mom a 10 as she cooked dinner every night and at the same time. Plus I was the picky child out of the 4 kids and she helped me out with that when she could. There was maybe one meal she cooked that I would sneak to our dog under the table. :rolleyes1

My mom did all the cooking when I was growing up and I'd give her a 9. She was a good cook and it must have been passed down to my sisters but not to me. My dad just cooked the basics after my mom passed away but he did make homemade goetta which I would give him a 10 for that. Really good!

Maybe a 6? My mom isn't a bad cook (even caters) but she isn't "adventurous". My wife cooks WAY better, and I feel like I do as well in regards to a few things. But I really think it's a generational thing as my mom still uses "grandma's cookbook", just as a lot of people do in her age range. The problem is grandma didn't use a lot of spices, or venture away from family recipe's. So when you take the foods from around the great depression into 2022 it doesn't translate well (it's bland).

Not to mention a lot of "secret" recipes are not something special. As many times people gathered them off of cans and publications (Lady's home journal). Which amazingly was founded in 1883. But with that being said we have thousands of more resources. Including a ton from professional chefs. Which go above and beyond a Campbells soup can.

9.5. My parents were both great cooks. My Dad’s meatballs and sauce were legendary. 😁

I would have said my Mom was a 10 when I was growing up... except for her cabbage soup. Blech! However, once I started cooking, I'd say she is an improving 8. Since he retired, my Dad has taken up cooking and baking. He is a 7.

When my Mom had lung surgery in late 2020, I started bringing meals to them to help my Dad. My sister told me that they weren't eating all that I was sending because my Dad said that I cooked too fancy/gourmet for them. I was cooking what was normal on our menu repertoire, but he thought that chicken marsala and Sunday sauce were gourmet. So, I stopped sending over food. My MIL loves my cooking and looks forward to the weekends when I send a bunch of meals to her house. She loved this weekend's Italian Wedding soup and Veal Ragu. My Dad would have thought it was weird to put meatballs and spinach into soup, and he'd have thought veal sauce was too fancy.

I give both my parents a 5- what they cook, they do well. Definitely not adventurous and limited to a handful of dishes.

Dad would be a 0 as he never cooked. Mom would be a 3. We had meat, a can of pork-n-beans (dad's fav) or veggies and either mashed potatoes or Kraft mac-n-cheese. A canned biscuit was a rare treat. Everything was SUPER well done including the black bottoms on the biscuits. on thanksgiving she would cook the 20 pound Turkey for 10 hours minimum. I swear I was 19 when I found out pork chops shouldn't be crunchy and hard all the way through. On the other hand she made great tuna and potato salads but it did take her hours to make either so those were rare treats. My mom never worked outside the home until we were grown but she hated domestic work. I'll never figure that out. I took over most the cooking as a teen but left home at 18. Happy to say I've taught cooking, competed and ran a small catering business. I'm a good cook and cook cuisine from all over the world. That said every once in a while I crave shake-n-bake well done thin chops with a can of pork-n-beans on some Kraft mac, lol.

Oh I don’t even know. My mom didn’t cook much except for what I consider convenience foods (hamburger helper, frozen lasagna, etc) but my dad was a master at throwing together what he called concoctions. You never knew what was really in it but it tastes good. Neither one baked at all So I would say mom was about 2 and dad is a 7 based on creativity.

As a side note, my sister and I are completely different from our parents. We both cook from scratch as much as possible, try new recipes all the time and both bake often.

My mom I'd place around at a 5; not great but not horrible.

My dad I'd say 3 and that's for effort mostly; if he thought things would go together, he put them together. Like Spaghettios with bell peppers and bread crumbs or pancakes with maraschino cherries.

Now, both are better than my mother in-law, she's known for something referred to as "cramp stew".

I'd give my Mom a 5, my Dad a 6, but my step-mom gets a 10.

My mom just never really did cook. When she does cook, she doesn't follow recipes very well and tries to make all kinds of weird substitutions that don't always work out very well.

My dad is a grill master, but doesn't have too many side dishes in his repertoire.

My step-mom grew up in the country and is an amazing country cook - she makes fried chicken, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, beans and cornbread, etc and they are all so good.

My mom was about a 3. She tried and meant well, but pot roast isn’t supposed to be gray and you shouldn’t have to cut it with a serrated knife. 🤣 And taco salad shouldn’t have Thousand Island dressing.

9-10. My mother's pies were exceptional. All of her other foods was good if not perhaps my favorite at the time. She was cooking for the 6 of us, and I was kinda picky. My father was the master of the grill.

Overall I would give my mom a 5. She made a few meals that would get a 10 like roast chicken and roast beef. There were some meals that were a 0 like hamburger chop suey which sent me running for the bathroom. Desserts were store bought or made from a mix. My Dad cooked breakfasts and those were an 8. He made good pancakes and bacon. He was also good at grilling.

Mom - 6 Pretty average. Not a pro, but very few burnt meals. Everything was edible.

Dad - 0 When I was between the ages of 9-11, my mom was in and out of the hospital quite a bit. When she was in the hospital my dad would tell me that I was now the "woman of the house" and it was my responsibility to make him dinner. I'd never cooked a meal in my life! We lived off canned soup and microwaved hot dogs because that's all I could make.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter