• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How would you improve your Disney resort experience?

I have never stayed at a hotel in the last 10 years that didn't have a microwave. From PA to LV, and from Michigan down to Key West...every room we have booked has had a microwave.

I'm with DLGAL. I stay in a lot of hotels and do not consider a microwave standard (cannot actually think of the last non "suite" type room that I've been in that had a microwave).

A place to have a sit down breakfast that does not require a reservation. It is so strange to me that you can be paying $700 a night for a room and still not be able to walk into a restaurant at your resort for breakfast without an ADR. Actually, I think the whole deluxe experience is sorely lacking.

I have never stayed at a hotel in the last 10 years that didn't have a microwave. From PA to LV, and from Michigan down to Key West...every room we have booked has had a microwave.

What hotels do you stay in?

Stricter enforcement of resort specific amenities. The magic bands by the pool are a start, but I'd go a step farther.
Bring back "Disney" rooms rather than generic stark ones.
Parking lots just for resort guests vs dining guests. (Maybe parking validation?) And free parking for overnight resort guests.
Give people some incentive to actually stay on-site, other than proximity. Extra FP, earlier access to dining and experience reservations, SOMETHING!!!!
I’d like to see stricter enforcement of pools too. Both at Poly (that has a gate) and GF locals coming to use pools. Sometime quite obvious, coming to pool with rolling coolers, duffle bags, etc. All pools should be like SAB.

We fly in. We pay to stay on site. The time I complained was when they pulled the themed bedding. If I was irritated. I would stay off site. When they sell their resorts off in the coming years leaving only monorail and skyway joints y'all will really be loud. Just sayin.

I have never stayed in a hotel room outside Orlando with a microwave. This is definitely NOT industry standard. Only two rooms in my life that had this were Cabana Bay Family Suite and Art of Animation Family Suite.

Places like Residence Inn and Springhill Suites have microwaves but they are also set up like apartments with full kitchens (well, not Springhill, but that one has a kitchenette).

I have never stayed in a Marriott, Hyatt, or Hilton high end property (i.e. NOT a "suite or villa set up") that has a microwave in a room. To me, that's definitely not the sign of a high end luxury property. At Disney, I might expect a microwave in the value resorts, but definitely not in a deluxe room.
Microwave can be requested at deluxe resorts. I’ve stayed in hotel rooms that had microwaves. Marriott Courtyard, Hilton Garden Inn, Doubletree, Ramada, Best Western, Hyatt, and some non-chain hotels.

We fly in. We pay to stay on site. The time I complained was when they pulled the themed bedding. If I was irritated. I would stay off site. When they sell their resorts off in the coming years leaving only monorail and skyway joints y'all will really be loud. Just sayin.
What? Where have you heard WDW plans to sell off their resorts :faint:

I’d like to see stricter enforcement of pools too. Both at Poly (that has a gate) and GF locals coming to use pools. Sometime quite obvious, coming to pool with rolling coolers, duffle bags, etc. All pools should be like SAB.

I'm one of the few people that thinks the Polynesian beach should only be for people staying at the Polynesian Resort too, but I know I'm in the minority here.

A place to have a sit down breakfast that does not require a reservation. It is so strange to me that you can be paying $700 a night for a room and still not be able to walk into a restaurant at your resort for breakfast without an ADR. Actually, I think the whole deluxe experience is sorely lacking.

You make a great point. Resort counter service, particularly in the deluxe resorts, has little to no seating.

Quality Inn, Travelodge Pensacola Beach, Sleep Inn, Hilton Garden Inn Key West, Navy Lodge Great Lakes...nothing too high falootin'.

Those might more accurately be considered motels, though, with the exception of Hilton Garden Inn.

Microwaves are common in motels.

Microwaves are being implemented in most Marriotts as far as I know...it seems to be becoming a standard. Would it kill Disney to put a small kitchenette in each room? As it is, I'm a little disgusted that there's no coffee maker in the Mermaid rooms....even if I didn't want to use it, that's a cheap move for a never discounted room.

I'm one of the few people that thinks the Polynesian beach should only be for people staying at the Polynesian Resort too, but I know I'm in the minority here.

I'm a bit nervous to agree! :blush:;) Before so much beach was lost to 'those' bungalows, I wouldn't have voted to keep the beach just for resort guests. (I've enjoyed a lovely wander there when staying at CR and POR.) But now...

I definitely think that they could do with prioritising actual, paying resort guests over visitors and "illegal swimmers" (!! :fish:), though.

I'm a bit nervous to agree! :blush:;) Before so much beach was lost to 'those' bungalows, I wouldn't have voted to keep the beach just for resort guests. (I've enjoyed a lovely wander there when staying at CR and POR.) But now...

I definitely think that they could do with prioritising actual, paying resort guests over visitors and "illegal swimmers" (!! :fish:), though.

I just feel like if you are paying soooooooo much to stay there, there should be some exclusivity. Like I said, I'm in the minority though...

I just feel like if you are paying soooooooo much to stay there, there should be some exclusivity. Like I said, I'm in the minority though...

I do agree about some exclusivity. ::yes:: Even, just some better basic consideration!

This is a really good thread. Lots of great ideas! :thumbsup2 It's highlighting so much room for improvement at Disney resorts and, therefore, showing how much Disney are taking their guests for granted at the moment. :sad2:

Microwaves are being implemented in most Marriotts as far as I know...it seems to be becoming a standard. Would it kill Disney to put a small kitchenette in each room? As it is, I'm a little disgusted that there's no coffee maker in the Mermaid rooms....even if I didn't want to use it, that's a cheap move for a never discounted room.

I agree on the coffee maker. There is literally no excuse for that one. The new Pop rooms have them, though, so maybe they will add them to the other values as they do renovations.

Agree, most nicer hotels I have stayed at give priority to guests for ADRs or standby

As for microwaves I believe you can request them at most major brands if they aren't standard.

Consequences for rule breakers.

Someone is smoking on their balcony? Help them pack their bags. Caught cutting the line? Good bye. Using their mug to fill the family's coffee cups? Out you go.

It wouldn't cost a dime.

1. no parking fees for resort guests

2. resort guests are able to preselect 4 FP's at 60 days out

3. bring back 3 hrs for evening EMH. That last hour was golden!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter