How would you eat at Disney for about $25 a day.

minniemouseforever

Mouseketeer
About 4 years ago I think there was a thread like this. People came up with all kinds of creative ideas. Obviously no table service meals. Would like to see if we could get this going again. The total amount was less last time, but with inflation I am going to add money. But if you can do it with less......

This post was meant as a creative outlet to see what kinds of combinations people might come up with. There is so much variety at all the different counter service places and kiosks. It was never meant to be I just can't do it and why would I try. But just something to get the creative juices in us going. Thought it would be fun.

Last edited:
$25 per person?

I'm terrible with money when I'm down there so I'm not a good person to ask. I feel like I've spent $25 on a margarita from La Cava.

But Boardwalk Bakery gives a TON of food and it's very reasonably priced. Tangierine Cafe's Schwarma platter is big enough to share. Those waffles from Sleepy Hollow are supposed to be big and filling.

$25 per person?

I'm terrible with money when I'm down there so I'm not a good person to ask. I feel like I've spent $25 on a margarita from La Cava.

But Boardwalk Bakery gives a TON of food and it's very reasonably priced. Tangierine Cafe's Schwarma platter is big enough to share. Those waffles from Sleepy Hollow are supposed to be big and filling.

We bought two margarita's each lol.
OP - are you saying $25 per person each day?

Last edited:
I would breakfast in my room, for sure. I would split meals. Disney portions are pretty generous. I would probably lay off the booze (or have cheap stuff in my mini-fridge) and drink water.

Yogurt and fruit in my room for breakfast - $2?

1/2 smoked chicken salad and half a fruit plate at FTBBQ would be about $9

1/2 a shawarma chicken and lamb platter at Tangierine Cafe would be $8

Leaving me $6 for snacks.

I think I already do this! MK:
Breakfast in room - granola bar or protein shake from home $2ish
Starbucks soy chai $4
Veggie Burger from Pecos Bill's, no fries - $7
Sleepy Hollow Waffle with fruit $7

Epcot:
Breakfast in room - granola bar or protein shake from home $2ish
Boulangerie Quiche Lorraine - $6.50
Kringala Vegetable Torte - $6.50
Cannoli from Gelato Cart - $4.25

I don't think $25 a day per person is realistic anymore. Even with bringing breakfast to eat in your room, you are looking at $12.50 per meal. That leaves nothing for drinks or snacks throughout the day. And while someone suggested the half meals, you can't order a half meal. You would have to have someone to split the meal with. And that is banking on everyone wanting to eat the same foods. I know when it was done before the amount was $40 a day but included three meals.

:rotfl2: lol ditto!!!

DH and I have no budget and no self control when in the world. We also take all-inclusive vacations and the mentality has rubbed off on us I think...want a $15 margarita, "charge it to the room"...want a $30 plush toy even though you're an adult, "charge it to the room"...want appetizers and desserts on all meals even though there's no way you're going to eat it all, "charge it to the room"

I don't think I could eat and be full on $25 a day. I know Rachel Ray used to do a show $40 a day, but she gave that up a few years back.

I'm going for a week starting at the end of April and I have budgeted $500 just for myself for food.

I think it may be doable, but it sure will not be fun. In order to manage it, you will need to scour the CS menus and choose based on quantity and not what you really want. As others said, you can split a meal that you order, but you will need to eat at the same place, the same entree.

I would check out the menus, and really plan around your meals so you know exactly where you want to eat in each park

I don't think that budget is realistic unless you want to bring food in a cooler to eat in the parks or only order kids meals. I couldn't eat on that budget at Disneyworld without being hungry and wouldn't find it enjoyable. But thats why I like the dining plan we used to do cruises or other all inclusive type vacations so disneyworld with a dining plan is the way to go for us. I just wish the tip was included or they let you prepay the gratuities like they do on cruise ships. I like not fooling with money on vacation.

When I went in 1995/96 I ate breakfast in the room and took snacks & water into the park with me. I am small so I don't need a lot of food to sustain me. If you have an insulated sling style backpack, (such as this: http://www.brookstone.com/peyton-hy...=51320962143&gclid=CPeUxPTd1cQCFQouaQodmjgAEw) I think you could do it. You could even carry PB&J for lunch.

Even this time, I plan on us eating most of our breakfasts in our room (except our ADRs) and taking snacks into the park with us. I'm also bringing kool-aid singles for our water.

I think $25/day is absolutely doable! Not everyone HAS to have snacks during the day or spend money on drinks.

I don't eat breakfast nor do I drink soda so it's water only for me (free at any counter service spot), but I do like to eat, so personally I probably couldn't do it, lol.

If you ate breakfast in room and stuck with counter service for both lunch and dinner with ice water to drink, you could easily spend no more than $10-15 per meal without being starved, lol.

$25 is rough.
Getting a cup of water at QS/CS locations or refilling water bottles would be a start.

I for one, with my appetite, couldn't maintain 'not hungry' on $25 and using Disney's products lol.

I don't think $25 a day per person is realistic anymore. Even with bringing breakfast to eat in your room, you are looking at $12.50 per meal.

DITTO!!!

FYI (and this may help!) last year I made 3 trips with a friend on a Dr. supervised weight loss plan. We ate only CS, no alcohol, no desserts, no snacks, 1 drink (outside of meals) per day and then we would keep refilling the bottles. We spent $40-45/day per person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter