How We Survived The Worst Disney Trip Ever - A Honeymoon TR - FINALE!!!!!

mickeysmyboy: Yes. You should be scared! :scared:

HollywoodHaha: Thank you! I love the slipper. It is safely on display in a glass curio cabinet at home, next to our castle caketopper and bridal Mickey & Minnie caketopper, as well as the champagne flutes we received at CRT. :goodvibes

whogirl'smom: Aw thanks! Glad you stopped by. :upsidedow

hjohnson6: You bring up an interesting point. Normally, if that had happened to me, I'd be in tears of joy. Why wasn't I? I'm not sure. I bet I was still feeling ravaged from the bladder problems to feel anything but semi-wowness.

Singapore Bob: Dude we were SO, like, CLOSE to each other that night LOL. We were in that store not far away from Canada, the one that's beside the lake. And what a storm, yeah? Geez. I'm still shocked we weren't killed or something.

CJsMom: Well hi! Thanks for finding me. Yes I feel like the poster child for Disney Dreams Come True. You know, I pretty much feel like I've grown up there, been there multiple times, and not once had something that "magical" happen to ME...just goes to show you, good things come to those who wait!

foodrocksluver: Can't help but notice your name. :) Do you remember the show before Food Rocks? As in "Kitchen Kabaret"? If not, you should find it on YouTube. Giant food singing "Veggie veggie FRUIT FRUIT! Veggie FRUIT FRUIT!" Ah, the good ol' days. :hippie: Don't worry, I'm sure you will find your Disney soul mate. Honest to goodness, my DH initially didn't even want to go to WDW. But I knew there was enough appreciation for classic, vintage Disney in him that we had something in common. Don't expect everyone to be as much in love with Disney as WE are. We're a rare breed! Except on DIS, where we have infested the internet! :woohoo:

dec5girl: Yay! Glad you're hooked. And wow...TWO family members named after me, huh? ;) No really, that is odd. Colleen is SUCH an unusual name...I've only met one person my whole life with that name.

I remember your pre-TR because we were at the AKL at the same time. I'm so sorry your trip was un-magical. At least your evening at CRT sounds pretty special. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Just found your trip report and looking forward to reading more. I too suffered through months of pain from a UTI. I got three in a matter of two months. The last one sent me to a Urologist who told me that having so many close together could damage the lining, much like your problem. I was on the orange pee medicine for about a month and Macrodantin for 4 months. I took the last pill in January and so far so good. Certain foods give trouble but I have a standing perscription know for the above meds. You might want to talk to your doctor about that. UTI's are very painful and I hope you are feeling better.

Just watched your engagement video. That was AWESOME! Thanks for the link. BTW, what kind of camera do you have? It takes great pictures.

I am totally subbing to this report. I thought things were going to start getting better for you. :sad2:

Love the report so far. I'm also a recovering UTIer. No fun. I have two boys who were over 9lbs each at birth, who flattened most of my internal organs (I'm only 5ft and 105lbs). Still have bladder probs every now and then. Keep up the good work on your report:)

Just found your report and am enjoying it. I got teary eyed watching your proposal video - how awesome!! Sorry you were in so much discomfort during your trip - I'm afraid of what's to come. :scared:

Oh girl! I miss Kitchen Kabaret also!! I loved Ham and Eggs and their crazy jokes! And Bonnie Appetite! I was always afraid of the giant broccoli that wore the shades. Always a bit creepy to me! I have the whole show on one of Disney CD's I listen to in my car. It takes me back to my childhood.
We ARE a rare breed. True story about how I went on a date tonight and the guy thought Disney and Universal were the same thing. I literallly cringed and told him he better be very happy he's good looking!

Hey girl! I was wondering if you still got on these boards after your honeymoon. Me, I am hooked and can not seem to quit.:confused3 DH makes so much fun of me and asks me if I learned that from the almighty DISH boards. I correct him with a yes I got it from the DIS boards. I was so excited to see your trip report. You are an excellent storyteller. I can't wait to find out how the rest of your trip went. Ours was so so, as well. I think I adopted your obsession with the Deluxe resorts and it influenced my experience. :rotfl: Guess we will have to go back, stay at a Deluxe and try to make it an amazing trip! LOL

pixe*dst: Hey I didn't know we were AKL'ers at the same time! :confused3 That's cool. You know, I never did get to swim in the pool there at AKL. DH did, but I was too busy being tired and grumpy. And the pool looked like just a pool to me. How was it?

reelmom: Yes I saw a urologist, and he told me the same thing...when the lining gets damaged, they call it Interstitial Cystitis, but no one fully understands why it happens, or the best treatment for it. They have meds that help, but like you said, there are certain foods that irritate it. I haven't had a problem since I got back from Disney, but there is always that worry in the back of my mind! :scared: Btw, I have a Canon Powershot or something. It's not the BEST...in fact it's probably outdated now...but it's good enough for me.

snowbell: Thanks for stopping by! And no, things just get worse...I am like the Eeyore of the boards. :sad2:

stitchlover: More people who know the pain of a UTI! Oh no! So sorry.

koolcatshelby: Another reason I can add to the list of Why I Shouldn't Have Kids. ;)

mkluvsmickey: Hi! Yes thank you...I'm sorry I was in such discomfort too. You know, the rest of the trip is so depressing that I'm putting off writing it!

foodrocksluver: Sigh. I can't tell you how many people I've met that call the Magic Kingdom "Disney World." Here's how the conversation goes:
Them: We're going to Disney World!
Me: Oh, congrats! Which parks?
Them: Disney World.
Me: You mean, ALL the parks?
Them: No, just Disney World.
Me: Oh. (heaves a heavy sigh) You mean the Magic Kingdom.
Them: Yes! Disney World!

I am such a Disney :snooty: .

1andrea: OK, I am doing another installment TODAY!

LISAMWDW: I get the picture. :rolleyes:

frtchr: Coming, coming.... :tinker:

pigletforever: Me, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAGICFOR2: I know, I know...sorry...working on it....

peyjax: Hey girl!!!!!! Long time, no DIS!!! I figured you'd find me on here someday. I must confess I haven't been on the DIS since before we left for WDW. But I am back in the swing of things! DH doesn't usually make fun of my DIS'ing, especially when I show him the funny pictures that people post on here....search for "characters in rare form"...that is a great thread! You know, I think DH "cured" me of my Deluxe obsession. He was a little put out that we were spending $$$ on a room that was just a....room. After staying in some swanky cabins that cost LESS than that....I'd be happy staying at POFQ again. Deluxe is only worth it, IMHO, if you're going to spend the BIG bucks and stay somewhere with a monorail attached! Or WL....WL is nice. Anyway, I'm off my soapbox now. Time to get writing! :surfweb:

Tuesday, September 18, Day 5, we went back to Epcot to Future World.

Spaceship Earth was closed. Boo! DH never got to experience the future when it was still "the future." Because that scene in SE when the kid from the US and the girl from Japan are talking over the TV? Yeah that was the future...like...more than 10 years ago. I mean, how long have we had webcams? And how long has the Internet been provided by cable?

DH liked Ellen's Energy Adventure. I was kinda surprised, since that is a LONG show, but I forget that DH likes to be educated on scientific things. And when he is educated on scientific things by Bill Nye and a comedienne....well, that's a good thing.

For the first time in....well, probably years....I went to Innoventions. Remember the OLD Innoventions? When it was more like a techno convention, where you could see and play with the "future" of technology...like, stuff you saw there one year, you'd see in stores the next? And your friend would come up to you and say, "Look at this gadget I bought that just came out!" And you could say, "Oh, I SO saw that last year at Epcot"? Innoventions is more like a children's science museum now. I mean, that's OK and all, but I wasn't expecting much until we realized we could ride on a Segway....for free.

We had to watch a movie on Segways and sign a waiver that we didn't read...we could have signed away our lives to the Segway people, who knows?...and then take one for a test spin. It was fun. I liked it.

HONEYMOON221.jpg

HONEYMOON219.jpg

I wish I had pictures of this, but as soon as we were done with our Segway experience, a group of....let's see....maybe Indian or Middle-Eastern monks or something were doing the Segway experience as well. I'm not quite sure what they were, except they all were wearing this long, orange garb that was draped around their bodies, and they had a red mark on their forehead. Please excuse my ignorance, but I have no idea what kind of people they were! Anyway, they looked like they may be "educated, spiritual" men, and they were each taking a turn on a Segway! DH was HIGHLY amused by this, and wanted me to snap some pictures....but I refused, because I didn't want to insult them and make us look like stupid tourists. But it WAS pretty funny, and it's a good memory we can share. :laughing:

Then DH got to experience The Seas with Nemo & Friends.

HONEYMOON223.jpg

Let me start by saying that I was a HUGE fan of "The Living Seas" ever since childhood, when they showed the long, serious movie at the beginning, which was narrated by the woman who does Jessica Rabbit's voice, and then the screen mysteriously disappears to reveal the beloved "Hydrolators," your transport to the ocean today. I was enchanted by the Hydrolators when I was a kid. Mainly because no one told me we "really" weren't actually going deep into the ocean. I firmly believed we WERE...I mean...the bubbles were going UP, and the floor of the hydrolator was shaking...and weren't we in Florida, and isn't that close to the ocean? How exciting for a kid...Wow! Disney owns the ocean, too!

Not so much now. Now we get on a little ride and try to find Nemo, and they do a little trick with projecting the Nemo characters into the tank with the REAL fish, and the REAL fish are clearly insulted they have to share their tank with celebrities.

The aquarium has stayed the same, which is good, I guess. I mean, maybe they should have made it bigger, like the one in Georgia. When The Living Seas was built, I understand it was the largest aquarium at the time. And for some reason, my memory seems to be insisting that there were MORE fish, and more dolphins, and the coral reefs were "more vibrant-looking." But that could be the imagination of a child vs. reality, and I have not yet learned how to separate the two.

But OH BOY, Turtle Talk with Crush! DH loved, loved, loved that. He is all about the "hidden cast member" behind the computer-animated characters. He thinks that is something out of this world. Can you imagine being a kid and seeing something like that? That has brought "Wow!" to the minds of SO many imaginative kids who WANT to believe animated characters are real. And to the delight of adults like me, who also want to believe they're real, or at least suspend the belief for a while.

After we looked at the fish, we got to EAT some fish. At Coral Reef. DH hand-picked this restaurant himself, after seeing the Boy Meets World episode where they go to WDW. I told him the DIS said Coral Reef is totally overrated, but DH wanted to try it. So we did.

I didn't take pictures of any of the food, because the DIS was right.

We didn't even get to sit by a window, either.

And it was LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not kidding you, like Chuck E. Cheese loud in there. SO many kids. SO little space. And the food was nothing to write home about.

I got a virgin Pina Colada-type drink, and that was good. But that's all.

DH and I left unimpressed.

Since it was still early evening, we decided to hit Downtown Disney. We browsed some stores, bought nothing, and I decided that Pleasure Island is kind of a dead thing. Maybe they were light on crowds that evening, but the party was WAY over on the other side, where Cirque du Soleil is.

It was also on this side that DH got a glimpse of DisneyQuest, and said, "What is THAT?!"

DH loves him some interactive video games.

But before we could go in, something bad happened.

I got sick.

Like, as in, "WHERE IS THE NEAREST BATHROOM NOW!!!!!!!!!" sick.

Thank you, Coral Reef. Thank you very much.

After my intestines were thoroughly emptied, and my GI tract cursed at me multiple times to never eat there again, we had ourselves some DisneyQuest.

Despite my queasiness, the first thing we did was Cyber Space Mountain, which DH thought was about the coolest thing ever. He is a country boy, after all. :rolleyes: I had done this once before as a teenager, and honestly I'd rather ride the REAL Space Mountain, as the line is about the same anyway.

But DH really liked DisneyQuest. We played the Buzz Lightyear insane bumper cars game, which was a LOT of fun, but had a HUGE line, and no Fast Pass, of course.

I let DH run around like a little kid inside that big, overgrown building and thought, "No wonder they closed the one in Chicago or wherever." I mean, DisneyQuest is fun and all, but it really needs something SPECIAL, and some updated rides, so it doesn't feel so 1995. The Pirates of the Caribbean 3-D game is still really cool, but they need to do more with the place in general.

Still really fun to a guy, however, who had never been there before. :yay:

Day 5 was done, and not too bad of a day, except for that darned Coral Reef.

But that was the start of the downhill slide.

Next up: DH gets worn out and decides to "switch" our trip around, which fries the Disney Commando's circuits, but DH falls in love with a little place called Typhoon Lagoon.....

great update we loved the segway experience as well,to bad to hear that your coral reef experience was not that good.

as for your fauntleroy as a middle name, i am working on it, i tried it out as a first name if it is a boy, but that did not fly, i told DW that we could call the baby faunty, for short...she still was not bitting on it.

we have it narrowed down to 4 boy names and 6 girl names.

DW wants to get it down to 2 of each before we go to the hospital, and then pick a name depending on what the baby looks like.
:banana:

I am in suspense as to what happens next!
We loved POFQ, even though we were staying at POR we went there like three times. Next time I am at a Mod that is where I will be. We checked out CSR (DS in-law was there)and I will have to agree with you on that one. Not my cup of tea. We learned the hard way things change when you have two little ones you need a great place to relax that has awesome transportation. That was our biggest complaint, it really got in the way of our vacation. The place was nice but the transportation was terrible! So my sis says that Dh has put the reigns on your disney trips. What is up with that? LOL I think she got a bit of burnout on this last trip and is talking cruise. So is DCL next on the list for you guys??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter