How (un)Comfortable are the beds and pillows at AoA?

closetmickey

DIS Veteran
Thinking of booking AoA for our next stay but after staying at the Grand Californian in DLR, and needing to have my husband bring pillows from home as the hotel's were so awful, I'm realizing that beds and pillows can make a difference. Thank you!

I'm specifically interested in the regular bed/pillows in the family suites...

I have stayed at the Grand Californian and AoA. I found the GC beds/pillows to be quite comfortable. The mattress and pillows at AoA didn't come close. While I was still able to sleep, there was no question the bed was less comfortable at AoA, at least for me. The bed felt harder, squeakier, and the pillows less substantial. Others may feel differently. The GC is definitely equivalent to a deluxe hotel at WDW and AoA, while still a great resort in my book, is a value hotel by Disney standards. Nothing about the furnishings is as plush as what's in the GC. If your DH found the GC uncomfortable, I'd be surprised if he found AoA any better or even as good. I'd say bring a pillow to be safe.

AoA - awful. Literally the worst bedding I've even encountered in my entire life. I think it's all made of some type of foam. If your DH had trouble sleeping on the bedding at GC, I would avoid AoA at all costs.

We were in a Nemo Suite at AoA and slept just fine on the master bed. We slept just as well at the GF on that same trip.

we stayed in a Car's suite in July and I thought it was fine. I always fly with my own pillow though. My DD and her BF were supposed to sleep on the pullout couch, but it was too small for both of them, so my daughter slept on the floor. My son and his GF slept on the table bed and it was fine, but they are both pretty small.

I thought the pullout sofa at AOA was very uncomfortable, very thin mattress. The pull down table bed was okay though. Pillows and sheets were fine, a bit thin on the sofa bed.

I slept on both the regular bed and the Murphy bed at AoA, and I much preferred the Murphy bed. While mattress comfort is subjective, I found the mattress on the bed to be very firm (almost to the point of being hard) while the mattress on the Murphy was supportive, but softer. I didn't try the sofa bed. I did use the extra pillows from the sofa bed when sleeping on the other beds though. I love pillows. I have been known to book a two queen bed room at WL, where each bed has four very fluffy pillows, and use all eight very fluffy pillows on one bed. I think all the values have very firm mattresses. My favorite Disney mattress so far was at the Contemporary. I could have spent my entire vacation just sleeping . . .:cloud9:

There is a reason AoA is a value resort. :) What you're really paying for the is the Disney atmosphere. The bedding / pillows are the equivalent of what you'd find at a "value hotel" elsewhere.

Personally... all the beds at values are horrible. I love the price of the values but because of the beds I now go mod. I didn't realize how bad until I stayed at value on arrival night and moved to my mod hotel the next day.

I bring my own pillow so I can't asnswer that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter