How to Sign Up For Magical Express When Renting DVC Points?

The Mayor

How about 7"...6" is for rookies
Going in November and would like to use it from MCO to the BW. I’ve looked on MDE and can’t find where it is. Do I have to have the person I’m renting from make a reservation? Or can I just go to the bus when we land?

I've rented points tons of times, in years past we have just called ourselves and had them add us to the ME. Just called the ME number.

Going in November and would like to use it from MCO to the BW. I’ve looked on MDE and can’t find where it is. Do I have to have the person I’m renting from make a reservation? Or can I just go to the bus when we land?
You may book Magical Express online with your Reservation No. online:
Disney's Magical Express®

Please note that Disney’s Magical Express service will no longer be offered starting with arrivals January 1, 2022. The service will continue to operate for new and existing reservations made at Disney Resort hotels for arrivals throughout 2021.

Officially, Disney will say the owner of the points is the one who must make the DME reservation, but that's not actually true. DME doesn't care (never has and probably cares even less now). There is an online form you can use or you can call DME directly at 866 599-0951.

Steve

You need the owner of the points you rented to book DME for you.

A lot of people have reported that anyone can book DME, not just the DVC owner. Seems to be about the only thing room related you can do. There is an online form that anyone can fill out and you can also call. It does seem when you call DME directly (instead of using a Disney number) you should not have an issue. It seems that the issues can arise when you call Disney directly but some have reported not having issues.

My feeling is that officially anyone can book it, just like you can book your own tickets and attach them to you DME account. But because of the usual DVC rule about owners having to do everything some CM's think it applies to MDE as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter