How To See Olaf and Anna/Elsa M&G

dnamertz

DIS Veteran
Can someone explain the fast pass system for the Olaf and Anna/Elsa meet & greet? Does it work like fast passes for most of the rides, where you get a fast pass and it gives you an hour window to come bank?

How long is the line to get the fast passes first thing in the morning, and how soon do the FP's run out?

How long is the wait to meet the characters when you return with your fast pass?

I keep checking the Mouse Wait app, and most of the day it says the Olaf wait is 60 minutes and the A&E wait is longer than that. Is that for people without fast passes? Is that a standby line wait time, and the wait for people with FP's is much shorter?

Can someone explain the fast pass system for the Olaf and Anna/Elsa meet & greet? Does it work like fast passes for most of the rides, where you get a fast pass and it gives you an hour window to come bank?
Both Olaf and Anna & Elsa M&G's use a modified FP system (Return Ticket). Like a FP, it has a return time window, but it was much shorter than an hour when I last got one. I believe the window is around 20 minute (maybe 30, but 20 comes to mind).

I keep checking the Mouse Wait app, and most of the day it says the Olaf wait is 60 minutes and the A&E wait is longer than that. Is that for people without fast passes? Is that a standby line wait time, and the wait for people with FP's is much shorter?
There is no standby line. Everyone has to have a FP/Return Ticket to see Olaf and/or A&E.

So, wait, you get a return time and then have to wait an hour or more?
Truthfully, that part I don't know. I haven't tried meeting A&E since they've moved to DCA (the wait when they were in FL was about an hour after I returned, but I think things are better in DCA). Olaf wasn't using the FP when I was there last (he was using a pager) and it was pretty short once you came back (<20 minutes).

With a FP on a non busy day the wait after returning is usually 30 minutes, on busier days it gets up to 45-60 minutes. I've seen posted wait times of 110 on mouse wait but the lines aren't quite that bad. There is no standby for Anna and Elsa, not sure about Olaf...

I don't want to wait an hour. What about getting there right when the park opens? Are the characters available right at 8am? Is there a long wait at that time?

I don't want to wait an hour. What about getting there right when the park opens? Are the characters available right at 8am? Is there a long wait at that time?

You can only see them if you have a fast pass.

Is the Olaf M&G still in the same place where the Frozen fun fest or whatever was? What's in there now that the snow is gone? Is everything gone? Or has Olaf moved too?

You can only see them if you have a fast pass.

Yes, but if I get the FP right when the park opens, can I then see the characters immediately (assuming the line will be short at that time) or do Anna, Elsa and Olaf not come out till later?

I've seen long lines and short lines, it all just depends on your timing. When we went this past week we waited about 15 mins once we came back at our allotted time. The wait for Olaf was about 5 mins.

I just went last week. On Memorial day I got a return time for Anna and Elsa around 9am. Return time was around an hour later. I waited about 3 min in line. After our meet and greet I looked at the line and it was about a 10-15 min wait. It really just depends on your timing.

For Olaf, we saw him on a Friday around 1:30pm. The wait was about 30 min or so.

Can you get fast passes for them during early entry? I'm thinking no but I just want to make sure. Thanks!

Is the Olaf M&G still in the same place where the Frozen fun fest or whatever was? What's in there now that the snow is gone? Is everything gone? Or has Olaf moved too?
Yes(ish)...Olaf has been moved outside of Stage 17 (where Olaf's Snow Fest used to be located). When you approach the building (the Sing Along will be on your left and Oaken's on your right), Olaf is to the right side of the Stage 17 building. You cannot enter Stage 17 anymore as it is now being used for private events, media events, etc.

Can you get fast passes for them during early entry? I'm thinking no but I just want to make sure. Thanks!
While I can't remember for certain, I do not think they are distributing FPs for either A&E or Olaf during EMH. None of the other FPs begin distribution during EMH/MM, so I don't thnk A&E or Olaf do either. As mousequake said, it makes sense that they take the first groups directly to the characters (i.e., no FP) and then when that initial "queue" is filled, they switch over to the FP system.

Last edited:
Yes(ish)...Olaf has been moved outside of Stage 17 (where Olaf's Snow Fest used to be located). When you approach the building (the Sing Along will be on your left and Oaken's on your right), Olaf is to the right side of the Stage 17 building. You cannot enter Stage 17 anymore as it is now being used for private events, media events, etc.

While I can't remember for certain, I do not think they are distributing FPs for either A&E or Olaf during EMH. None of the other FPs begin distribution during EMH/MM, so I don't thnk A&E or Olaf do either. As mousequake said, it makes sense that they take the first groups directly to the characters (i.e., no FP) and then when that initial "queue" is filled, they switch over to the FP system.

Got it, thank you! So you enter at the same place. Is Olaf in the same place? In January he was in the back of Stage 17, and you got a pager once inside. Is he there still and the rest of the room is empty?

We got an Olaf FP right after getting our RSR FP and the return was like an hour later, with a 20 minute window. We waited about 5 minutes to see him. For A&E, we got our FP in the afternoon (and Olaf FP was already gone at that point) I don't remember when we pulled them, but it was after 12pm and before 2pm. Our return was 7-7:20 that evening. The entire process- getting in line, meeting A&E took about 15 minutes total. It was not bad at all. I am sure that line ebbs and flows- but I don't know how it could get to 110 minutes- unless they have more FP going for those mid afternoon hours.

ETA- Olaf is right outside the building- you meet him outside as well.

As you are facing the Stage 17 building, the fastpass machine is to the left of the door and Olaf meets to the right (where the line used to be to obtain the pager).

As others have said, everything for Olaf now happens outside of the building. No more nice air conditioning for Olaf!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter