• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to make birthday special?

sqpcsqpc

Mouseketeer
My daughter will turn 18 when we are at Disney in October. Other then the Birthday button, any additional tips to help make the day special for her?

I think there is a line the CM can call and character will wish her a happy birthday in a pre recorded message.
If you go to dinner and tell the server they may do something for you as well.
This is a good question. I'm sure plenty of people in this forum have great ideas.

We are going to Disney next month for our daughter's 5th birthday and kindermoon. She has stated that Be Our Guest is her favorite restaurant and we have reservations there with a cake reserved. I think she will love it.

And our son, who has lamented that he will never get to go on his birthday since it's during the school year, will be informed that day that we have reservations already for his birthday!

On my DD's 13th bday she had a manicure at the salon at our resort (BCV).
That evening, we took an Illuminations Celebration Cruise. I had preordered a cake, which was delivered right to the boat prior to our departure from the dock. The boat was decorated with balloons, a banner, etc. I highly recommend!

On Etsy, they have all sorts of shirts that you can get that are Disney and Birthday themed.

They can decorate your room while you’re in the parks. We did this one year for my DD. It’s expensive but so cute. They can hang up birthday banner, leave balloons or flowers or a basket of goodies, whatever you want.

I HIGHLY recommend Fairytale Personal Shopper. We went in March for DD birthday and she did everything, cake included. I believe she charges only $15.00 to deliver over cost of what you buy. You can mail things to get in advance, or she will do the shopping for you. I had a book made for DD and some other personalized stuff, she put everything in an adorable basket with the card I had made.
She will decorate the room and is dramatically less expensive than Disney prices!
Here's her info:
fairytalepersonalshopper@gmail.com
I got her info originally from another Disboarder.
I'm planning on using her again in February for DGS's birthday.

My daughter will turn 18 when we are at Disney in October. Other then the Birthday button, any additional tips to help make the day special for her?
I would be really interested in seeing what everyone has to say! I love getting ideas from people. I swear by the Disney florist. The stuff they can do is so amazing and can be personalized in to some pretty amazing setups. My Dsis loves Eeyore and they did an amazing multicolored bouquet with balloons and a stuffed Eeyore that was very 100 acre woods feeling. Also the card that came for her was from Eeyore and themed and signed by the winnie the pooh characters. They have also done amazing things for other members of my family.

I don't know if they still do it but Flying Fish Cafe used to do special printed happy birthday menus if they knew it was someones birthday and the birthday and anniversary desserts they surprised us with were really cool.

I know it isn't cheap but what are your thoughts on doing one of the specialty tours or experiences they have there? Depending on her interests they have some amazing ones and some of them aren't crazy expensive. DD wants to be a chef and specifically wants to do pastry, and Disney has a program where you can decorate a cake with one of the disney bakers and you get to take it with you! I'm planning on trying to book one of the smaller experiences when I go in a couple of weeks. Since this is a huge trip I wasn't able to book any of the big ones but will still say they are amazing!

Definitely order a surprise cake. Most people still don't seem to even know they make them so it's always a big surprise when they come to the table in a restaurant. Or you can have it to your resort also. The theming possibilities are endless.

I was told if you are wearing your birthday button and go to Club Cool that they will give you a free frozen drink, but the machines were down the day I went so I'm not sure if that's still the case.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but some of the extra experiences may be worth a shot. I booked my boyfriend a trip for his birthday (turning 24) and he's never been to Disney. So to make it extra special, I have the HEA dessert party on his birthday as his birthday "cake" with a great view. I also booked Disney After Hours for the night before. He knows about the trip, but I'm leaving the extras as day-of surprises :) Just a thought!

I HIGHLY recommend Fairytale Personal Shopper. We went in March for DD birthday and she did everything, cake included. I believe she charges only $15.00 to deliver over cost of what you buy. You can mail things to get in advance, or she will do the shopping for you. I had a book made for DD and some other personalized stuff, she put everything in an adorable basket with the card I had made.
She will decorate the room and is dramatically less expensive than Disney prices!
Here's her info:
fairytalepersonalshopper@gmail.com
I got her info originally from another Disboarder.
I'm planning on using her again in February for DGS's birthday.
I am really interested in this.

I am really interested in this.
She was highly recommended on a thread by another Diser... She definitely came through and I'm working with her now to plan a great surprise for our DGS's birthday.
I thought her prices were much better as well.

If you're not doing the Halloween party you could do that. My mom's birthday is in December and we try to go the Christmas party for her birthday. When she turned 60 we went to the party on her actual birthday, I had a special birthday button made on etsy that she wore in addition to the one disney gave her. I decorated the room with stuff I bought at the dollar store, I even found large refrigerator magnets that I put on the door. It looked really cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter