How to get the best deal GCH in Oct?

JenDisneylandlver

DIS Veteran
So I'm planning our October trip. My Mom and adult disabled brother will be coming along. So were gonna need two rooms. I was actually counting on, and telling my Mom about staying at HoJo's, price wise I thought that's what she'd want to do. But no leave it to my Mom, who wants to make it a trip of a life time. LOL So GCH it is.

We usually just make the reservations through Disney. But with needing two rooms, I'd kinda like a Theme Park view this time, AND I'd like the best deal possible. So I'm really needing the help of you vets here, what's the best route? AAA, Costco? Will there be any deals for October? Depending on the dates a few websites didn't have a lot of rooms. Hotels.com didn't even have GCH available for the third weekend. I'm wondering if I need to get these reservations set in stone now, rather then waiting. Any help much appreicated!

So I'm planning our October trip. My Mom and adult disabled brother will be coming along. So were gonna need two rooms. I was actually counting on, and telling my Mom about staying at HoJo's, price wise I thought that's what she'd want to do. But no leave it to my Mom, who wants to make it a trip of a life time. LOL So GCH it is.

We usually just make the reservations through Disney. But with needing two rooms, I'd kinda like a Theme Park view this time, AND I'd like the best deal possible. So I'm really needing the help of you vets here, what's the best route? AAA, Costco? Will there be any deals for October? Depending on the dates a few websites didn't have a lot of rooms. Hotels.com didn't even have GCH available for the third weekend. I'm wondering if I need to get these reservations set in stone now, rather then waiting. Any help much appreicated!

If you are sticking with the 3rd weekend in October - there is a good chance they will run 4th night free (if you are staying 4 nights) - this deal was released in June last year. I have booked my trips through Disney and Costco - Costco is identical, but you get a free character breakfast per person and a $20 gift card. Odds are the rooms are not released yet (that is why Hotels.com) is not offering a room - I had that problem last year, got overzealous and booked way early. If you can go a little earlier - the hotel is offering a special "gay day rates", a link to this website is on the Dis Home - I was able to book my family for $209/night. The dates for that start the 2nd, the website originally offered their end on the 19th, but someone posted that it is actually sooner then that.

I also booked using the Gay Days code Dizzyami talked about above but dates are limited so it would work if you are flexible, it's a great rate!

Andrea

Wow $209, that's an awesome rate. Ours days that month aren't set in stone, I came up with third weekend based on what I was seeing available with the rooms. But it's good to hear that maybe the rooms haven't been released yet. I was having a panic attack looking at that! LOL

So are there any requirements to getting the Gay Day rate, if your not going for that event? It's okay for anyone to use? That's a hard to pass up rate!

Oh forgot to ask! :) Around when do they start offering the 4th night for free? I know it won't be for a long while. LOL Guess I get a bit anxious to have everything booked! hehe

I went this past October during the week of the 15th for 4 nights at $210ish a night for 4 nights (It was a 4th night free deal from expedia).

We loved it!

Sher

I went this past October during the week of the 15th for 4 nights at $210ish a night for 4 nights (It was a 4th night free deal from expedia).

We loved it!

Sher

That's a great deal too! We usually only stay 2-3 nights at most so 4th night free never works for us and $209 a night ends up being a better deal!! I hope this year I can take advantage of it!

Andrea

I always get the best rates at Disney hotels by CALLING Disney and then asking REPEATEDLY if there is ANY better rate, ANY code attached to my name, ANYTHING at all they can offer? You have to keep at them. If they don't offer anything, call again the next day. If you're quoted something good, grab it. You can always change it later.

I also check on Mousesavers.com for codes regularly. They have mostly WDW stuff, but every once in a while they have good codes for DL, too.

Check out getawaytoday.com too. They have really good deals on packages and will also run the 4th night free promo if it is being offered later in the year.

Would anyone be willing to share the Gay Days code for GCH? I can't find it on the DIS home page.

Thanks!

Oh forgot to ask! :) Around when do they start offering the 4th night for free? I know it won't be for a long while. LOL Guess I get a bit anxious to have everything booked! hehe

1st week of June last year is when the 4th night free was announced. Even then I jumped on GCH concierge, because I could not find a room on any other site - a month later -wow all the rooms were available (oops!!!)

Has anyone already made reservations using this rate? I wondered if you had to wait until a certain time to make them?

I made them as soon as I found the code - it says available until rooms run out - so book early.

I made them as soon as I found the code - it says available until rooms run out - so book early.

Well I tried to make the reservations with the code today. They said it wasn't even available yet, that they were still making up the contracts. And that I would need to contact the Coordinator person? All that went right over my head!

So I don't know! :confused3

Guess I need to keep looking for the 4th night free deal!

Well I tried to make the reservations with the code today. They said it wasn't even available yet, that they were still making up the contracts. And that I would need to contact the Coordinator person? All that went right over my head!

So I don't know! :confused3

Guess I need to keep looking for the 4th night free deal!

:confused: Did you call the group reservations line???

:confused: Did you call the group reservations line???

Yup, called the (714) 520-5005 number. They knew what we were talking about, but said the contract wasn't okay'd. She looked it up on the computer and said it wasn't available and that I needed to contact the Coordinator person! Strange, maybe they are catching on that more people are doing it then those in the event?

I tried to make a ressie as well using the code with a group reservationist and she told me could not complete the reservation and I had to call back to speak to the event coordinator. We were almost completely finished with the transaction, I mean I had given her my CC#, name, address and everything. To be honest, I felt kind of like I was cheating by using the code since I am not part of their group/convention, so I decided not to pursue it. But I have to admit, DLH for $169 a night is an awesome deal. Plus, I really wanted to stay thru 10/14 and was told the group rate was only good through 10/12. Good luck, whatever you decide.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter