How to apply OBC for pre-paid tips?

erin1715

DIS Veteran
We will have about $150 for an OBC. I want to apply some of that towards prepaying our tips. We booked our cruise through a TA. How do I go about having the OBC to prepay the tips? Do I have to contact our TA to do that?

The $150 will appear on your onboard account, and all of your spending will be deducted from that before your card is charged. You don't need to do anything to "prepay" your tips; the gratuities will be added to your onboard account, and if they are less than or equal to $150, then you're set.

The $150 will appear on your onboard account, and all of your spending will be deducted from that before your card is charged. You don't need to do anything to "prepay" your tips; the gratuities will be added to your onboard account, and if they are less than or equal to $150, then you're set.

Great! I love that I don't have to do anything!

Great! I love that I don't have to do anything!

The idea of 'pre-paying tips' is to apply enough OBC to the account to cover the tips. This is also done as well for other potential expenditures such as excursions. Some folks do not like the idea to come back from a vacation with a hefty charge on their credit card.

We will have about $150 for an OBC. I want to apply some of that towards prepaying our tips. We booked our cruise through a TA. How do I go about having the OBC to prepay the tips? Do I have to contact our TA to do that?

You can actually pre-pay your tips, and it's considered part of your original cruise fare. You'll see a lot of people who have the Disney Visa card do this, as they get 0% interest for a timeframe on their cruise fare, but not their onboard account during the cruise. If that's what you're wanting to do, there isn't any way to apply that credit to pre-paying your tips. If you aren't planning on pre-paying your tips, you just want to have the money in your onboard account, then it will be in there. You can't allocate money in the accout for a specific expense, it will be applied to the charges as they hit your account, so if you charge $150 worth of alcohol the first night, that's what it will be allocated to, and when the tips get charged to your account, they'll show as a charge that is owed.

Basically, your onboard account is just like a credit card, you charge everything on the cruise that is through DCL to the account, and then pay the account in whatever manner you've set up, credit card, cash, OBC or any combination of them.

I'm hijacking this thread. :flower3: Does anyone know how to apply funds from the Disney savings account to either tips or to your cabin credit?

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

New DISboards Posts

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest