How should I plan for Veteran's Day this year? Check my plan?

abh413

Earning My Ears
What do I need to avoid or plan around for Veteran's Day (November 2017)? My 180 is tomorrow & I need to book dining (no park hoppers). I'm trying to stick with green parks on the crowd calendars for the week but I've never done WDW on a weekend.

Our stay is booked 11/5-11/11. 7 day base tickets. 2 adults, 8 yr old girl & 6 yr old boy. Current plan...
Mon 11/6. EP (kids have never been & want to go).
Tues 11/7. MK
Wed 11/8. MK
Thurs 11/9. HS (we are huge Star Wars fans)
Fri 11/10. AK

We typically don't do any breaks out of the parks. We love to do or see as much as possible. BUT I'm concerned that we will be too tired by our HS day & the Star Wars characters/Jedi training is very important.

Follow up... Is it possible to checkout out on 11/11 & still use my extra 2 days of tickets on 11/12 or 11/13? If I did this, then I could use Thurs as a relax day. But HS would be on the weekend & I've never really done weekends... Especially one with a holiday.

Any advice is welcome. TIA!

Your tickets don't expire UNTIL you begin to use them. Once you start, you typically have 2 weeks (or rather 10 days I think) to use them. The expiration of the tickets have nothing to do with your staying at a resort (or not). So if you check out, you can still use your tickets.

I'd be more concerned that you are going to wear out your kids. That's a lot of running around with an 8 year old and a 6 year old. You know your family best, but I think you need to factor in some down time.

You can expect the parks to be a bit more crowded on the weekends as you will get more "Locals" showing up but definitely check the crowd calendars and be mindful of "Event" calendars to make sure you schedule accordingly.

I think starting at EP is a good idea, especially with kids wanting to go. I think that park is a little bit of a let down for younger kids if you do it after MK.

You have 14 days to use your tickets starting at the first day you use it so you have no problems doing some days after your resort stay ends..

...I'd be more concerned that you are going to wear out your kids. That's a lot of running around with an 8 year old and a 6 year old. You know your family best, but I think you need to factor in some down time.

You can expect the parks to be a bit more crowded on the weekends as you will get more "Locals" showing up but definitely check the crowd calendars and be mindful of "Event" calendars to make sure you schedule accordingly.

I don't want to completely wear them out (they will have a stroller to relax in)... but I'm more concerned with me (or my husband) wearing out. I think I'm going to try to tweak my plan to do nothing on Thurs. and then do HS on Friday.

Good point Anita.... YOU (and DH) need to not be worn out too, however, you have a bit more control to make decisions then the kiddos do.

I know for us (even though the kids are older now), that we do "Plan" our days, but we leave them very flexible. You never know what the weather is going to do (Real Hot... Real Cold.... Rain.... etc...)

I hope you have an awesome trip and your plan goes well.

I would break on Wednesday and move that second MK day to the last day. With young kids, chances are that will be a great way to end the trip. Or, maybe I am just thinking of how I like to end a trip! LOL

I would break on Wednesday and move that second MK day to the last day. With young kids, chances are that will be a great way to end the trip. Or, maybe I am just thinking of how I like to end a trip! LOL

It would be nice to end with MK. I'm still working on it. But our last day is Sat (Veterans Day)& MK is projected at red. I've done MK like that & I'm not looking to do it again. :) It would be really nice to end at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter