How old is too old for rides?

pooh6890

DIS Veteran
Do you think that a 77 year old woman should be going on Soarin and Test Track? I get different answers from everyone in my family. Should I ask older people once I get there if they go on those type of rides? Of course, I would never have a 77 year old try anything like Tower of Terror or a roller coaster:scared1: , but don't you think that Soarin (just hanging there if you are not afraid of heights or Test Track (who doesn't like to drive fast?) is ok for that age group? I have no idea what to tell my friend. Thanks!:goodvibes

I hope when I'm 77 I'm still riding them all!

My 70 year old father loved Rockin' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror! You are only as old as you feel. If they are healthy and want to go - let them go. The younger they stay at heart the longer they will be around for us to love.

depends on their health....I don't know that one answer fits all 77 year olds.

I would think Test Track may be a bit much, but don't think Soarin' would be of any issue given you just sit in the seat and go a few feet off the ground.

depends on their health....I don't know that one answer fits all 77 year olds.

I would think Test Track may be a bit much, but don't think Soarin' would be of any issue given you just sit in the seat and go a few feet off the ground.

My dad was 85 the last time he came to WDW with us and he rode Test Track and Dinosaur along with several others.

Soarin' was not yet built that time.

My mom is almost 71 and she rides everything except Mission to Mars or whatever that one is in Epcot.

She has done RnR but it turns her face bright red and makes her head feel funny (high BP? maybe) so she does not ride it anymore.

Last January she rode ToT 11 times in a ROW!! She wanted to make it an even dozen but I said "no!" We would have had to wait in line at that point and it was after 12pm (we entered the park at 9) and we had not been off that street!!

My mom will ride everything but those 2 rides and the teacups. I'm thinking at 77 she'll still be riding if at all possible. In January, she was up and at AK for the 5K by 6:00am and then walked around Epcot until it closed that night! All in all, we did 27,000 steps according to her pedometer. Never underestimate older people!! LOL

Well Soarin should be fine for someone 100 years old. :laughing:

True, there's a lot of variation. My best friend's mother is only two years older than my mother, and in a nursing home. My mother still works full time and is healthier and has more energy than some people I know my age.

I think she will know what she is up to doing. Just let her watch things before she gets on them (not possible with Soarin, but again I think just about anybody could handle that one) so she knows if she wants to get on it. Have a blast!

Do you think that a 77 year old woman should be going on Soarin and Test Track? I get different answers from everyone in my family. Should I ask older people once I get there if they go on those type of rides? Of course, I would never have a 77 year old try anything like Tower of Terror or a roller coaster:scared1: , but don't you think that Soarin (just hanging there if you are not afraid of heights or Test Track (who doesn't like to drive fast?) is ok for that age group? I have no idea what to tell my friend. Thanks!:goodvibes

Last October I went with my SIL and my nephew, so we could take her 78 year old Mom to WDW. She has a fatal blood disorder, lung cancer and was/is very frail. We knew she wouldn't enjoy Test Track, Tower of Terror or a roller coaster at any age, but we took her on Soarin. I got to sit beside her. She had kicked off her shoes and left them on the floor below her seat. She loved it and I glanced over, saw her kicking her feet and saying "weeee". We prayed at the time that she would be well enough to make the trip. Once we were there, we were hoping that she would get through the five days okay. Its a year later, and she is still here! She was taken off of hospice. The lesson learned? Your never too old and never count anyone OUT! ;)

DHs grandmother was 85 last time she was at WDW
and while she claims to be a chicken she loved Sorin and Test track
she refused to go on anything that was labeled a rollercoaster but she went on Splash Mt. twice

Soarn' should be fine, Test Track will depend on any health issues, and how brave the 77 year old in question is. My grandmother at 77 would have been scared to death, my mother at 77 (had she lived that long :sad: ) would have loved it.

Soarin' should be fine for anyone who doesn't have a fear of heights.

This fall, on Test Track, our car was held up for the process of getting out of the car by an elderly (maybe 80s) gentleman who had a VERY difficult time getting out of the car on his own (equally elderly wife was trying to help him out). DH and I both thought Test Track may not have been the best choice of ride for them.

There are many rides (including Test Track in some parts) that are not advisable for anyone with head/neck/heart/etc... issues.

So, I'd say yes to Soarin' (in fact, go 2 or 3 times) and probably not to Test Track.

My mother-in-law and I went down Splash Mountain on her 80th birthday.

my then 80 year old FIL's favorite ride was TOT (and he LOVED the Hulk over at IOA!)

My first thought was that getting in and out of the car at Test Track would be the most limiting thing (assuming no fragility so bad that jostling would endanger the person).

Soaring should be fine, assuming no fear of heights/panic disorder type thing.

I would think they can ride anything they feel they can handle ToT, RnR it shouldn't matter the age.

I don't get why Soarin' would be too much for the person. My mom had a pacemaker and rode it

My 78 year old dad rode everything last year! His favorite ride in all WDW was ToT!

Soarin' should be fine for anyone who doesn't have a fear of heights.

This fall, on Test Track, our car was held up for the process of getting out of the car by an elderly (maybe 80s) gentleman who had a VERY difficult time getting out of the car on his own (equally elderly wife was trying to help him out). DH and I both thought Test Track may not have been the best choice of ride for them.

There are many rides (including Test Track in some parts) that are not advisable for anyone with head/neck/heart/etc... issues.

So, I'd say yes to Soarin' (in fact, go 2 or 3 times) and probably not to Test Track.

You know,I say if they paid their money to ride, they should be allowed to take that extra time to get out of the ride. I would hope if you guys make it back to Disney at 80, no one would begrudge that extra few minutes it takes to get in and out of a ride.

You know,I say if they paid their money to ride, they should be allowed to take that extra time to get out of the ride. I would hope if you guys make it back to Disney at 80, no one would begrudge that extra few minutes it takes to get in and out of a ride.

ITA, just because they took a long time to enter/exit the ride, doesn't mean they didn't had a blast riding it, and it doesn't mean they shouldn't ride anyhting they want for whatever number of times they want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter