How much would you lie for your kids?

Because I disagree ..

I actually will be acting as a moderator and leaving a thread which is violating a lot of guidelines..

I think that you should think back and look at a lot of your own actions.. Not to myself, we are simply not seeing eye to eye, but to others..

I am not seeing where I violated any guidelines with anyone. So I'm not sure what actions you might be referring to.:confused:

There seems to be a lot of that here (IMO)

:confused3 I've read through the thread and didn't see where she explained her thoughts/feelings? Did she message you and that's how you know why she posted what and how she did? Or maybe some replies were deleted before I had a chance to read them?

Her intiial response was a rebuttal and she agreed every child deserves a good education and said so without qualifiers. Success is demonized per her opinion and the flow of responses seemed to illustrate that quite well.

And then posters decided to "put words in her mouth" and she then rebutted that.

It seems to is taboo to do that. By she didn't come on her and say poor people suck and need to just suffer with the hand they are dealt. Something which seems to be implied by posters who did not care for what she had to say. I didn't see her looking down upon anyone--minimally no worse that the original poster who had some things to say about people who earned more.

(**clearly this is my opinion and others will see things differently.)

What I find disturbing about this thread is that some feel that you should only be entitled to go to a good school if you can afford to, that if you want the better school, you should buy a better home. This is impossible for some. And the attitude scares me. The way it's going, only the affluent will be able to afford an education. Is that what everyone wants?? My children go to school in a great district, however, if I couldn't afford to live here, I can say with absolute certainty that I would lie to get my kids in a better district. You can condemn me for it all you want, I don't care! I pay plenty in taxes, but who am I to say that someone that makes less money than my husband, therefore buys a less expensive house, is not entitled to as good an education as my child. Flame away!!

Every child should have a good education period, on that we can agree.

Here is the reality part, the higher priced houses are in the good school districts most of the time. The rules are set up that way.

I have no shame that I can afford to buy a nice house in a nice district. I have worked long and smart to get here. What I find disturbing is finical success is demonized.

Ah yes, the ever popular school of thought that those that make more money work harder or are somehow smarter than those dumb lazy poor people.

Where did I say others where dumb lazy poor people.

You know whats really funny, I grow up in those "bad" schools. So yes I made a choice to never have my children live in poverty.

Please explain to me how it is wrong to be proud of what me and my husband have built over 22 years.

Why is it wrong to say "I have earned this proudly"

I never said poor people don't work hard, I will agree they aren't working smart, to better themselves to get our of poverty and don't give me the line of they can't. that's pure bull.

I am glad everything was so cut and dry and perfect for you, I really am.. But you seem to put everyone in the same category, and it is quite rude.. I was always taught to be a little more proud and have a little more compassion because you just never know.. I grew up poorer than poor, but my attitude is far from yours.

I myself am far from poor, and far from rich.. At the age of 40 found myself clinging to life after emergency brain surgery.. I had to undergo another, and then another spine to just survive, and then I suffered a stroke during the last one.. I will NEVER work ago, due to permanent memory loss, and the fact that my condition will constantly return.. I am NOT alone, there ARE MANY like me.. I want nobody's compassion.. It is what it is.. But at the age of 40, in the middle of my career, I was not earning triple figure, I am fortunate to have been working in a good company with private insurance, which I will have until 65, until pension kicks in.. Sadly my husband got laid off this summer. It came as a shock.. We have a daughter in private school and one in college, so this can't stay the case for long.

We were working smart to better ourselves. Although, that doesn't even make sense to me... I don't expect you to even admit or acknowledge what you have written, but you should never try to judge anyone, you just never do know what battle people are facing my dear..

but isn't that what people are doing to me, for saying I'm proud?

Life isn't simple, nor has it been easy.

I'm very thankful that I have never had a major illness, yet.

Basically what your saying is I shouldn't say I'm proud of what we have built because other people haven't, because life has knocked them down.

Why are you getting others into YOUR comment? Be proud all day and night. I am as well.. I have come a long way myself, but I don't look down on a soul. I know personally how life can change in a minute..

If this is what you get about what I said, you really don't get it.. at all.. LIfe has only knocked me down medically BTW..

I quote you here: I never said poor people don't work hard, I will agree they aren't working smart, to better themselves to get our of poverty and don't give me the line of they can't. that's pure bull.

THIS is what I was talking about, only this..

What about if the parents also live with them? There are families that do live together. I would think if the family legitimately resides with a relative that only permitting the child of the relative has guardianship would be a violation of the student and their family's rights.

If the parent(s) of the student live with a relative they need to provide a rental agreement even if it says that the rent is $0.00. They must also provide a piece of business mail with their name and the address that matches the rental agreement unless they are saying that they are homeless. Then they can go to any school in any district. I know that our district pays for limos to go pick up several families that live pretty far out of our district boundaries because the students are homeless. It is cheaper for the district to pay a limo/taxi than it is to send a school bus.

Her intiial response was a rebuttal and she agreed every child deserves a good education and said so without qualifiers. Success is demonized per her opinion and the flow of responses seemed to illustrate that quite well.

That wasn't how I read it... She said every child deserves a good education but then added significant qualifiers by saying that the reality is that good schools come with high home values, that poor people might work hard but not smart, and that growing up in bad schools didn't hold her back. It read like an "I'm not racist but..." statement - say the PC thing up front and then go on to say just the opposite, that of course schools in lower cost communities suck, that's just how the "rules" are, and if poor people "worked smarter" they wouldn't be stuck there.

You might as well stop arguing about this. Have you all forgotten that Minnesota has the only good school district? You all should feel lucky that the state's provide day care for your children.

That wasn't how I read it... She said every child deserves a good education but then added significant qualifiers by saying that the reality is that good schools come with high home values, that poor people might work hard but not smart, and that growing up in bad schools didn't hold her back. It read like an "I'm not racist but..." statement - say the PC thing up front and then go on to say just the opposite, that of course schools in lower cost communities suck, that's just how the "rules" are, and if poor people "worked smarter" they wouldn't be stuck there.

Thank You !

My .02

I wouldn't lie to put my child in a different school.

We've moved to put our kids in better schools. Once, clear across the country!

I have a problem with people who lie and "cheat" the system. It's wrong. It's wrong to use services you don't pay for, it's wrong to steal and it's wrong to lie. What sort of example does this set for the children?

My sisters pulled that stuff, many years ago. One used the others address, so all their kids would be in the same school. That particular school wasn't any better than any other school, but they wanted the cousins together. The one asked to use my address, as I lived in the same complex as the other one, and I told her no.

Here, our district is set by zones, and your student needs to attend the school they are zoned for. Only special needs cases are allowed to be in a different school, and that's only for balance in the system, so that one school doesn't get overwhelmed.

But, once they hit 9th grade, this changes (starting this year!)

http://oneclay.net/CTE/

9th graders pick a program that meets their interests and talents. They follow that course, taking the appropriate classes to meet their goal. For example, one can take Health & Human Services, Visual & Performing Arts or Agriscience Manufacturing & Technologies. They attend the high school that carries their program.

Academies of Clay 2014-2015

Clay High School
Academy of Health, Law, and Emergency Services
Academy of Business and Leadership
Academy of Arts and Design

Fleming Island High School

Academy of Digital Media
VyStar Academy of Business and Finance
Academy of Teaching and Learning
Academy of Advanced Studies
Academy of Visual and Performing Arts

Keystone Heights Jr/Sr High
School

Academy of Business, Leadership, and Advanced Studies
Academy of Agriscience, Manufacturing, and Technology
Academy of Arts, Health, and Human Services

Middleburg High School
Academy of Agriscience and Automotive Technology
Academy of Information Technology
Academy of Architecture, Construction and Interior Design
Academy of Health and Human Services
Academy of Arts, Humanities, and Advanced Studies

Oakleaf High School Academy of Advanced Studies
Academy of Business and Commercial Arts
Academy of Fine Arts

Orange Park High School
Orange Park Medical Center Academy of Health and Human Services
Academy of Engineering and Manufacturing
VyStar Academy of Business and Advanced Studies
Academy of Leadership and Performing Arts

Ridgeview High School
Academy of Business and Information Technology
Academy of Advanced Studies
Academy of Manufacturing and Industrial Technology

Also, there are 3 types of high school diplomas: standard, scholar and merit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter