How much to pay a retired neighbor to let puppy out 2x a day?

I would go with $10 a day, as a side note, for the retired looking for a little extra cash, it would seem there is a huge market in dog visits and even bigger in house sitting. We pay more like $40 a visit and they are always busy. The 20-30 years olds want to try it but they tend to be unreliable with schedules

If she is spending any time st all with the dog, 10 a visit. If someone wasn’t going to interact with the dog, give it some exercise and love, I would not hAve them. Depending on age a pup can spend several hours in a crate learning how to hold it. For me the interaction would be more important. In our area, the minimum is generally 25 a day and that gets you one visit.

I would think 10 a visit. In the least 15 a day. Whether or not she is bored, if you want someone to commit for the long haul you have to pay them enough to keep them going.

While the “work” may not be hard or difficult, she is committing to doing it and it is really an inconvience fee.
I would think at $10 per visit otherwise it really isn’t worth her while in turning down offers (for coffees/days out etc)

I just can't see where $2.50 is worth anyone's time. Even if she doesn't have much going on, it's still something she has to plan around. I just wonder if the other neighbor who gave you that pricing has a kid doing it or maybe it's a close friend who wanted to do it as a favor and wouldn't accept anything more than that. ??

I have walked/watched my neighbor's dog for free because we are close friends and I was available. But it's not something I would do regularly for others unless I was being adequately compensated for my time.

I do not live in a high cost area and the cheapest I could find for someone to do this was $20 per visit. (I could have hired a teenager for $10, but I couldn't find any that were available during the school day.)

Yes, there's no way I would expect anyone to leave their house for $2.50.

In my area the minimum per day charge would be $30.

I guess in my opinion it depends on if this is a short term or a long term thing. Is she just going to do this while the puppy is very small, so we're talking a few months? Then maybe $10 a day or $60/week or so would be nice. If, however, you are hoping she will do this long term you will need to make it worth her while. It sounds nice, and she thinks - oh I'm bored I'd have no problems coming over, and then she realizes how inconvenient it really is to have to schedule her life to always be home at those 2 times a day, so I think if you want to keep her happy long term you need to be closer to $20/day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter