• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much time for Jedi sign ups?

Ericalee

Earning My Ears
Trying to get a sense of timing for Jedi sign ups. If we are there about 30min before rope drop, how long might we expect to wait to finish the sign up process? We are going mid Sep for crowd size info.

Trying to get a sense of timing for Jedi sign ups. If we are there about 30min before rope drop, how long might we expect to wait to finish the sign up process? We are going mid Sep for crowd size info.

You should be signed up by park opening time, give or take 10 minutes.

Make sure you take the child(ren) with you to sign up.

Last edited:
Must we be there at/prior to park opening to have a shot at this?

Must we be there at/prior to park opening to have a shot at this?
The line builds quickly. It's highly suggested to be there by 9am, especially if you want any of the morning shows.

We arrived at DHS around 8:30am and they opened the park at 8:45am (with rope barriers to the main streets). We were able to sign up within fifteen minutes (for the second show) but the line was pretty long when we left.

I had heard there were cast members sometimes at the gate that can take sign ups. Is that true, or do you always have to walk to the sign-up area near Star Tours?

There are afternoon shows? We are just not morning people but I know DGS #1 would love this.

There are afternoon shows? We are just not morning people but I know DGS #1 would love this.

There are shows all day.
But, you must arrive at or before park opening time in order to sign up for any of the shows.

All of the shows will fill up quickly due to the overwhelming popularity of the training.
The kids wanting to be in the training shows must show up with their parents in order to0 sign-up.

We waited much longer. We were there at rope drop and hustled immediately there- then waited a little over an hour in line. This was in October, though...

We waited much longer. We were there at rope drop and hustled immediately there- then waited a little over an hour in line. This was in October, though...

That's unusual.

I had heard there were cast members sometimes at the gate that can take sign ups. Is that true, or do you always have to walk to the sign-up area near Star Tours?

The sign-ups have undergone numerous changes in procedure as they have often experimented with the sign-ups.
It will be safer to assume that you should arrive 30 minutes, or so, before the posted opening time, and
look very carefully for any signs regarding Jedi Training.
Assume that you will need to go to the Star Wars area to sign up, but it might be otherwise on your morning.

We just got back from a trip and did Jedi Training.

The day we went (7/17/16), DHS had an 8am opening for those staying on Disney property. We got there around 7:40. They started letting people in right around 8am. We went directly to sign up for Jedi and we were signed up and out of line by 8:15. We got the first show, 10:10.

ETA - we then headed to Toy Story Mania and it still had a decent stand by time, less than 20 minutes.

Last edited:
How about getting a PPO ADR at H&V? Don't ppl with PPO ADR get to go into the park early to sign up for JTA before ADR??

Yeah I've been trying for a H&V breakfast res for that morning, but none available :(. We were already past 180 day window when we booked our trip. I keep checking every day for a cancellation. Fingers crossed

Why does Disney make it so hard to do something like this? Why don't they let people sign up, like they do for a fp+? You have to get there before the park opens, walk over to the area like a herd of sheep and then wait in line, sometimes for over an hour. Sorry, Disney does not make things easy for people. Don't they realize, it's vacation and people don't want this type of rushing and stress first thing in the morning.

Can other people watch the show? or only those who got their name on the list?

Yeah I've been trying for a H&V breakfast res for that morning, but none available :(. We were already past 180 day window when we booked our trip. I keep checking every day for a cancellation. Fingers crossed

That's not an issue at all!!! Keep looking and you will definitely find a PPO ADR. I didn't get my PPO ADR at H&V until 90 days mark and my trip is in August where the predicated crowd level is 7. Touringplans.com has a dining reservation finder that you can use for free. It has helped me to find some hard-to-find adr.

Why does Disney make it so hard to do something like this? Why don't they let people sign up, like they do for a fp+? You have to get there before the park opens, walk over to the area like a herd of sheep and then wait in line, sometimes for over an hour. Sorry, Disney does not make things easy for people. Don't they realize, it's vacation and people don't want this type of rushing and stress first thing in the morning.

Perhaps when a child is involved, Disney wants to make the process more "tedious" to avoid possible law suit?? I haven't done this show before. But i have read CM would ask children some questions and that children need to be present at the time of sign up. The requirement for having participating children there must serve a purpose. Just a guess.

I think part of it is to ensure that the people are physically in the park that day so there aren't empty spots taken up by no-shows and also to ensure that that child wants to/is willing to do it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter