How Much Prep Is TOO Much Prep? September 2017 Pre-Trip Report

lawboysam

Mouseketeer
We're heading back to Disney in September '17 for 13 glorious nights and 14 days (followed by a few days in Miami), and we can't wait! Myself and my partner in crime, J, have been to various Disney lands together before (WDW, Disneyland, and Disney Paris) - but something was different about our WDW September 2015 trip. Maybe it was that the parks were SO dead, and we got an insane amount done! Maybe it was that we got free dining for the first time. So we started planning in April this year, and I'm so happy to FINALLY be under a year until our trip!

Here's our cast:
3IB4S9n.jpg

We're the ones with the Cindy's wands. :) It's myself (Kerry) and my best friend J.

So, what are we doing with all that time at Disney?!

When: September 9-22, 2017 (followed by Sept 22-26 in Miami)
Where: For our '15 trip I was lucky and diligent and got us free dining, but at the time, I didn't realize that since J lives in the UK, we could also take advantage of their deals... Since then, I've wised up! So we've already got free dining for 2017! We're booked with it at Caribbean Beach for most of the trip (9 nights), but a few weeks ago, I found a good deal on the Polynesian and decided to pay a little more for our last four nights AND lose the free dining those nights... to be able to stay at a monorail resort! for J's birthday! This is our first split stay, and our first time at a deluxe, so we're pretty excited.

I'm going to talk a little bit more about the UK deals vs the US ones, because even though I spent probably a combined 300 hours on the disboards in 2015 before our trip, I never saw much on it and didn't think to look further, so just in case anyone else is in the same unique position where some of the party is coming from the UK and some from the US - their deals are way better than ours for the most part. Like I said, we got free dining for next year already (though the UK offer is a bit different in that though we were staying at a moderate, we only had quick service free dining and had to pay to upgrade to the regular dining plan) - which not having to worry about it has been awesome in its own right. But then on top of that, they include 14 tickets for the price of 7, plus a $200 gift card, and Memory Maker. Even before the pound started falling, the same amount of nights at CBR + 10 day tickets with no dining plan through the US site was like $1000 more than what we'd booked. So yeah, pretty happy with that - and if there's any way you can take advantage of that, you should! And, in case you're wondering, though I think she had to make the initial reservation, I had no problem calling in to make payments. In fact, when I called to make sure it wasn't an issue, the UK phone line CM was basically like, "lol I'm in Florida and so is the rest of the UK call center."

Coming up soon... A tentative itinerary!

Following along! We too will be there in September, but the week before you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter