• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much $$ for a 5 day trip for 3???

Piglet

<font color=blue>Can't beat <font color=red>Family
We would be driving from PA and already have 2 adult park hopper passes with 2 days on each left over from 1999. We could also stay at a decent offsite hotel. How much do you think we could do this for sometime in the fall or at the time the Christmas decorations are up??

It would be 2 adults and 1 5 year old.

Just looking for an idea of the cost.

Thanks

Check out the "Post your budget" thread below. Lots of different types of trips for different budgets. Good luck.

I'll second the recommendation to check out the "Post Your Budget" thread. However, to give you a basic outline... These numbers are very "ish," and I tend to overestimate so you get the worst-case scenario...

Adult park passes * 3 days * 2 adults $300
Child park pass * 5 days * 1 child $200
4 nights hotel (based on All Stars - could get cheaper offsite; also assumes your 5 day trip is 4 nights) $300
Meals (assumes no/little alcohol, some sit-down, some counter) $300
Souveniers / Misc $250

Total, before gas & hotel on the way down: $1350

Your mileage may vary, of course, and I know lots of people have posted WAY smaller budgets in the PYB thread.

Disnee Dad Says................................Just to let you know, Courtyard by Marriott at Downtown Disney is having an unbelievable sale! They are selling quick but rooms are going for $20!!!!!!! Sunday thru Thursday!! Stayed there last year, and it was nice and clean, ate the breakfast which was pretty good at $5 or $6 bucks. Get up and call in now!!!

If you call courtyard tell them you want the 100 years of magic rate. That will get you the $20.02 rate. You can't beat that for a downtown disney hotel plus be closer to the parks. I know some will say it is not the same as a disney hotel but it saves alot of money.

Ok, here is what I would do cheepest without prior tickets.....

so you CAN turn your tickets in for discouts on the ticket prices which is what i would do...

Prices with a 15 year old.........

Priceline 3* hotel 5 nights at $35 per bid...... $201.95
use this link to help you bid.. and use her link to bid please if you use this suggestion....
http://pub109.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingorlandowaltdisneyworld
(They will help you with how to priceline bid... read FAQ first, and ask..... they will be happy to help you!)

$434 217 per adult 5 day hopper (not plus... you probably would not have time for waterparks anyways... just go to the hotel pool!) Now your 2 day pass will reduce this, I am just sure about how much so my totals are without that consideration)

172 Child 5 day hopper.......... ( I am cosidering that 1 5 is 15 years old and not an infant... if it is really 1.5 years old that would be no charge)

140 gas is really over estimating... I did that from Illinois round trip

Aprox 70 to spilt up driving trip... that is is $35 total each way... I would also do this priceline, it is so much easier to drive with a location in mind than I will drive until I am tired.......or just straight through...... ( just my opinion)

totals 1017.95 without spending $$

Now ways to make this less.......

lower level priceline hotel.
gas IS over estimated at 2 tankes down, plus 1 tank there at my gas mileage
infant is no charge passes and meals
your passes will discount your tickets, i would contact disney directly to find out exactly how much... I would expect probably about 150 total for both........
drive straight through.......
I usually do disney for $100 a day with left over cash per day for family of 5, we eat in our room for breakfast... (food we brought)... either late lunch or early dinner mostly couner although occasionally we will have a big meal if we have left over $$ or have planed it....... (I like pre paying a credit card or connections is an option for a character meal)

IMO if you are staying off property Priceline is the way to go.

so here goes.........

1 5 year old is 1.5 year old

you drive straight through

-150 for 2 day passes

- $56 2* hotel bid may be about 145.95 with a $25 (which is high bid) bid...personally I would not compromise this, 3 * is much better........

so here is alternative total........
$569.95 Plus spending $$

so I would plan on at LEAST $1100

Laura

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :jester: :jester: :smooth: :smooth: :jester: :jester: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

My daughter is 5 years old. I should have wrote one 5 year old!!!

Piglet

Piglet, I know you meant one 5 year old !
Here's a few other thoughts as you try to put together your budget
1) we are 3 also, except our child is now 7 - we budget $150/day food and souvenirs a) We enjoy our cocktails and b) we eat very sparsely during the day but always have one nice meal, whether it be character or just a nice leisurely dinner on site c) we're on vacation and our minds won't let us "scrimp" on vacation
2) One of you could could use the passes with two days left, giving that person 4 days and you could buy a single 5-6-7 day pass for the other adult - plus or not, depends on what you want to do while you're there. If you bought a 6 day+, you would only have to pay for one if you wanted to do a water park
3) I would buy the child the longest pass you can afford - after 5 days the increase is not that great for additional days and that gives you an incentive to go again
4) we've used priceline many times 3* wdw area and been happy each time
5) try to buy a pass this month and a pass next month - then your passes are out of the way long before you try to Plan your trip budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter