How much attention did you get from the opposite sex at school?

A certain group of very rich/snobby girls bullied me hard. I did all I could to ignore them and act like they were irrelevant. I think it made them bully me worse. For no reason at all, none, I was bullied. I still don't understand why they picked on me. I wasn't a cruel or mean person to anyone and I typically kept to myself. I was a loner average student who did alright in sports, was friendly and not a total dork (though I am dorky).

As for boys, I mean, if I wanted a boyfriend there were guys that were my friends and I did get asked out. Boys weren't cruel to me until, well, after they became my boyfriend. Problem, I didn't flirt and would pretty much date most anyone who was sweet to me or asked me out all my life. Turns out, many of those sweet guys/boys ended up being just sweet on the surface for a short time and underneath a black pit of despair/anger/lies/nastiness. Not all of them were bad boys, but most and I think it's because I was sought out and wasn't doing the seeking myself which enabled me to be easily targeted by predators/users/manipulators (I guess you could say). Lessons learned finally over years and years of reflection. Sigh ... Now I've learned how to identify good people and will not tolerate the toxic narcissism of those with two-faces.

Last edited:
I guess I fall somewhere in the middle. I definitely wasn't the object of everybody's crushing. I got plenty of attention, but no actual dates until I was 16.

Very little. I dated 2 guy for a short time in HS. My long term boyfriend when I was in HS had already graduated. I didn't meet him at school.

Almost none throughout middle school, high school and college. I met my husband during my junior year (his sophomore year) of college. :lovestruc

I was so wrapped up in all my anxieties I wouldn't have noticed if half the school dropped to one knee and declared their love to me. A few guys I went to school with told me later that they liked me in school, but were too nervous to ask me out. Sorry to hear about all of you who were bullied, makes me very sad.

I'd say i got enough attention...not like i was THE girl everyone wanted to date thou. I didnt date til i was 16 though. First date was with a 24 year old. :oops: What was i thinking?

I guess I fall somewhere in the middle. I definitely wasn't the object of everybody's crushing. I got plenty of attention, but no actual dates until I was 16.

Maybe last in line here. My first date was with DW in 1972 and was almost 23. Have 47th anniversary in June with another WDW stay as we always do just like morning of "Groundhog Day" and "I've Got You Babe" is our song. BTW, DW also drives a JEEP.

Once a girl brushed past my arm.

LUCKY DOG!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter