How many trips do you take per year?

Like others have said, it depends upon the definition of 'trip'.

Vacation-wise, we typically do a week to 10 day trip in the summer and a week or so for Spring Break. Every couple Thanksgivings (at least lately), we will take a cruise, but those years we often don't do as extensive of a summer vacation.

We usually mix in 2 or 3 long weekend trips. Plus, the inevitable 2 or 3 weekends spent somewhere for a soccer tournament. Like this past weekend, which my younger son and I spent in sunny (sarcasm included ;) ) Cincinnati.

We try and take a 7 to 10 day family trip once a year and then a weekend trip here and there....my husband and I, our daughter and I or I go with friends. My husband got a new job last year and went from 5 weeks of vacation to barely 2 weeks (and even then it's paid vacation time and they don't really encourage actually taking the time off. :sad2:). Our vacations used to consist of visiting family out of state and then we went on our first real vacation and never looked back.... LOL Visiting family was visiting family and vacations were OUR vacations.

Contrary to the other thread where I was scolded about how Americans can't afford to take (or don't prioritize) trips longer than a week about 7 -8 posters have already mentioned taking vacations over 7 days. Interesting.

We usually do one bigger trip in the winter - WDW, cruise, etc that is 7-12 days long. And then something cheaper in the summer that is often a road trip. This year we just did a weekend getaway and are doing a long, more expensive road trip in the summer to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday.
Now that the oldest is in high school it's harder for us to do longer winter vacations so the next couple years maybe more summer trips.
DH has 20 days of vacation. He can't take more than 5-6 at a time, otherwise he comes back to a ****show and is piled under for weeks. So just because people have ample vacation time doesn't mean they can take it as they wish in some positions.

A lot of it depends on where people work, how much vacation they are given and how much they can take at once. In my old job, I had close to 6 weeks of pto, so it was easy to take 2 or 3 longer vacations. My longest vacation was a 3 week road trip before kids. It was common for people especially those from other countries to take 4 weeks off to go and visit their family. Current job? Not so much.
Airfare is pricey too especially with a family. I'm flying home to visit family with me and the kids and it's around 800 for the 3 of us. We opted to cruise again this summer and are driving to the port. The airfare was half the amount of the cruise itself.

In the 90's, I took 2 "real" vacations a year on a couple of occasions. But, I had way more vacation time & disposable income back then.

I dunno how people who go to Disney once a year (if not more) do it. I've been 4 times since 2009 and got kind of sick of it.

DH has 20 days of vacation. He can't take more than 5-6 at a time, otherwise he comes back to a ****show and is piled under for weeks. So just because people have ample vacation time doesn't mean they can take it as they wish in some positions.

Never said they could. Point is someone said that Americans don't ever take more than a week ever. I'm sure some do at times

One trip to WDW for 2 weeks ( we fly from the UK and are DVC owners ) and every 2 - 3 years we do a DCL 4 night cruise when we come over too.

Never said they could. Point is someone said that Americans don't ever take more than a week ever. I'm sure some do at times

I'm assuming whomever said that meant it as a generalization. Obviously with any generalization, it's not something that applies to 100% of people.

My DH and I get about 5 weeks off work a year. We spend at least 2 of those weeks during the summer months at our cabin up north (MI) and my dh takes 2 weeks for hunting and I take random days off here and there. We make sure we use our vaca time but we aren't always traveling somewhere besides our home state for vacations - no exotic locals for us. This year is unusual for us as I am taking a 2 week vacation for the first time in forever - 1 week at WDW and 1 week on a cruise with my family.

For Disney - Normally 1 but as we are from the UK they are normally 14-16nights. Sometimes we do 2 trips but the second trip is normally only a week

We also have 3 or 4 other trips to other countries throughout the year

Business or professional? I took 57 round trip domestic flights last year and went overseas 4 times.

On average...probably about .25. If you count weekend camping trips, it would jump to about 2.25.

ETA: if you mean Disney trips, it would be more like .10

Contrary to the other thread where I was scolded about how Americans can't afford to take (or don't prioritize) trips longer than a week about 7 -8 posters have already mentioned taking vacations over 7 days. Interesting.

We usually do one bigger trip in the winter - WDW, cruise, etc that is 7-12 days long. And then something cheaper in the summer that is often a road trip. This year we just did a weekend getaway and are doing a long, more expensive road trip in the summer to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday.
Now that the oldest is in high school it's harder for us to do longer winter vacations so the next couple years maybe more summer trips.

The DIS isn't the US, either. We are higher middle middle class and we can't afford a trip longer than that and can only afford a week long vacation at the most every other year. Usually not that often.

Not counting weekend getaways, I generally take 4, week long vacations. A week on the beach, one in the mountains and one at WDW. Sometimes the 4th is WDW/Orlando area. Sometimes it's a cruise. Yes we go to the same places. I'm not very adventurous.

At least 1 Disney Trip a year and 3-4 other trip throughout the year. Depending on the year my work can keep me traveling as well! My work jokes I hardly there june til Sept!

Didn't see the other thread, but we prefer taking longer trips (usually two weeks, but we have done up to three) depending on the location. The expense and time of travelling often makes us want to get the most out of a vacation that we can. We are also all introverts, so we like to be able to do lots of things on a vacation but still have time to relax and have some peace.

Now that our kids are older and we live in a district where we can't pull them out of school, we are limited to shorter trips unless we travel during the summer. DH also recently took a new position where no one else does his job, so longer trips may be tricky. (We will see how our 5 days over spring break goes.)

DH no I go on two a year. 2 weeks at Hilton Head in July and 5 days at Disney in the fall. This year I am going on a third in two weeks to Gulf Shores for Spring Break with my mom and sister (mom is paying the bulk of this one though).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter