How many times have you thought about moving home but didn't?

Many times. I believe I have mentioned before that I am from a little town far back in the country, with about 500 people. I would love to go back and escape from the big city.

Never. Wild horses couldn't drag me back to the farm. :lovestruc It was a WONDERFUL place to grow up and I'm so grateful, but I've got the soul of a city slicker and all I ever wanted was to get to town.

Twice.
In 1992 shortly after our second child was born. Needed a 4th bedroom, and wanted a 3 car garage. Looked at 30 houses and found that getting those two things was going to cost $100,000 more than our home was worth, not including moving expenses. Adding a bedroom on our house cost $24,000, and we gave up on moving up from a two car garage to a three car garage.
In 2013 after my mom passed away. We could have moved into her house and sold ours, stayed in ours and sold hers, sell both and move somewhere else, or keep both and rent the other out. Decided to sell mom's house and use some of the money to remodel our house.
Been in this house 41 years. Hope to break my mom's record of 53 years in the house she and my dad bought when I was 3.

Once I made the break from my home state, I have never looked back. I quickly adjusted to being where I live now and saw no reason to want to return. I have never felt the connection with buildings or places. Wherever, I am is home to me. No adjustment time needed. If I have my possessions and my memories with me it matters not what building I am residing in. Now when you factor in the weather difference between Vermont and North Carolina there is really no incentive in that direction either.

If it was not so damn hard to move I would move in a second.

For many years I was stuck because of family - now I am stuck because its just to hard to move.
I have too much stuff and have done to much to the home to make it comfortable.

If I could snap my fingers and move everything including the house and yard elsewhere - I would.

I moved to a new house last year, but I'm not sure it's what I want long-term, which is why I often think about moving again. It's a big decision, and finding the right place takes time and consideration. On another note, I am looking for the best home security option, I want to contact guardian alarm customer service, any reviews? It offers clear video footage and reliable motion detection. However, there are many options out there, so it's essential to do your research and read reviews to find the best fit for your home security needs.

Last edited:
I've thought about it often, but that home no longer is what it used to be. It would be as empty as the one I live in now. I miss the community and support from my old home but I don't think it would be the same today. I miss it, but I no longer think about moving back.

I was a military brat, so we loved a lot of places. And even after my dad left the military we moved some.

But as an adult after my mom passed we moved an hour away
We lived there for almost 2 years and I wanted to move back pretty much every day lol. It wasn’t very diverse.
We finally moved back to where we loved before.
Do I love it? No, but I will stick with the evil that I know lol.

Twice seriously in the 22 years we’ve been here. Timing was always off. Third time is now and we’re moving this summer.

Two times we thought about moving, but didn't do it. When we got married and when our son was born. But the third time was more successful :) We finally moved two years ago. Thanks to Cheap Movers in NYC, everything went smoothly and fast. Of course, it still took time, but I know that it would be much longer if we didn't hire anyone.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter