How Many Times Did I Meet Pluto This Trip? A Dec Solo TR - New TR Link 11/30!

I ended up catching a bus to MK right away and we were pulling into the bus stop a little before 3 pm. I knew I would have plenty of time to make it for the parade because it started in Liberty Square so it would be a while yet before it reached Main Street.

As I walked to the entrance, I took a picture of the new DVC rooms at the Poly. I think I probably should have zoomed a little more.

Guess I also felt the need to give the Grand Floridian some love.

I was hurrying to get onto Main Street to try to find a spot for the parade so I didn’t take any more pictures. I always enter MK to the right side of the train station so I walked along in front of the theater looking for a stroller or something similar that I could squeeze in behind. Being by myself and fairly tall, I can usually find a place at the last minute for the parades. Then for some reason I looked to the right and saw that there was only a 5 minute wait for Tinkerbell. I stood there for a minute debating what to do, parade or meet and greet? If you’ve read my past TRs, you will know that I’m a bit shy when it comes to the face characters. I was determined this trip to do more of them so I threw caution to the wind and headed into the theater. I figured I could catch the parade later in the week and even if I didn’t, I had seen it with Mom a few weeks prior.

I got in line and for the first time this trip I scored one of these.

I seem to be a magnet for those red cards.

Here’s some pictures from the Tinkerbell line.

There were only a few families in front of me so it wasn’t long before I was meeting Tinkerbell. She immediately asked me if I liked pumpkin muffins because one of her fairy friends (can’t remember which one now) was making some. I told her no, not really, I prefer chocolate. Then we had a bit of a conversation about chocolate and how good it is.

I looked around the dump store for a few minutes because my Aunt had asked me to look for some play sets she wanted for one of her grandkids. She could only find them on Ebay for double the cost so I kind of figured they were no longer available. I never did find them even though I looked all week.

When I got back out onto Main Street I realized that the parade still hadn’t made it there. I immediately saw a not too bad spot behind one of the planters and grabbed it. And just at that time the parade came around the corner. My pictures aren’t the best, I was behind some people and was facing into the sun but I’ll share the ones that came out.

Continued in Next Post

Continued From Previous Post

Hey Tinkerbell, you sure made it to that float pretty quickly after our meet!

Prince Phillip was looking a little, um, feminine today.

I loved seeing these fairies in action.

Spoiler alert, if you don’t want to know behind the scenes info, skip down to the next paragraph. Mom and I saw them practicing for this parade when we did the KTTK tour in February. The fairies are actually on platforms kind of like Segways but they are a little steadier, I think they had at least three wheels. The platforms are controlled with a remote and if you look closely, you can see the remote at the base of their wands. So basically, they have to control the platforms they are on while also dancing.

Moving on with more pictures.

Hi Pluto! I’ll be seeing you later this week.

And that was the end of the parade. I waited a minute for the crowds to thin out a bit and then headed on down Main Street to my next destination.

Up Next: Jingle Cruise, Jingle Cruise, Jingle All the Way

Good for you going to meet Tink! Cute pics! And awesome that you made it out in time to see the parade. Thank you for sharing that fact about the fairies- so cool!

Good for you for doing something a little out of your comfort zone! That's awesome. Tink seems like she's so much fun to meet.

Festival of Fantasy AHHHH. I love it so much. That actually doesn't spoil it at all, in my opinion... If anything, it makes it even cooler! Those fairies are extremely talented, my goodness. :)

Ariana, you lucky girl. That is a lot of trip in one year. I look forward to hearing more about your solo trip. ;)

I am blown away at the new Tink wait times since she moved. I'm sure she still gets up there, but in Adventureland I don't think she ever was under 45 minutes. I'm glad you decided to pay her a visit.

Excellent timing on the parade as it turns out. And wow, pixie does also allows teleportation. :teleport: :tink: Very cool.

I officially want one of those Segway things. That sounds enormously cool.

WOW! you got it all!!! The Tink meet and greet looks adorable! How did you feel about meeting her? Were you OK?

Oh the parade! LOVE IT! and you got a great shot of the fire from the dragon!!! WTG!

Your four-legged kids are adorable! Your rooms looks like a pretty good location at the back of the resort. Great pictures, looking forward to more...

Fabulous! You managed to score a great spot.

That tinkerbell meet and greet is new. Looks great!

Yay for meeting Tink! And your FoF photos look fine! You actually snagged a really nice spot for that. That's so cool about the fairies' wands though, I always thought that was how it worked, but it's neat to hear it confirmed. Doesn't ruin the magic for me.

Can't wait to read about the rest of your night in MK! :mickeyjum

Good for you going to meet Tink! Cute pics! And awesome that you made it out in time to see the parade. Thank you for sharing that fact about the fairies- so cool!

Thanks, I was pretty proud of myself that I did a lot more face meets this trip. I was surprised that the parade still wasn't there but pretty happy I still got to see it.

Good for you for doing something a little out of your comfort zone! That's awesome. Tink seems like she's so much fun to meet.

Your comfort zone comment made me giggle. For some reason, Jim hates that expression so I immediately thought of him when I read the comment. It was a very fun meet.

Festival of Fantasy AHHHH. I love it so much. That actually doesn't spoil it at all, in my opinion... If anything, it makes it even cooler! Those fairies are extremely talented, my goodness. :)

Yes, they are very talented. I'm pretty sure I couldn't manage that!

Ariana, you lucky girl. That is a lot of trip in one year. I look forward to hearing more about your solo trip. ;)

It was a very unusual and fun year for me! I had originally planned for just two weeks but when I got the AP, I couldn't resist adding a few more trips.

I am blown away at the new Tink wait times since she moved. I'm sure she still gets up there, but in Adventureland I don't think she ever was under 45 minutes. I'm glad you decided to pay her a visit.

I didn't really check wait times later in the week but I wonder if some of it had to do with the parade. Plus I'm pretty sure there are two rooms where she is now so that probably cuts down on the wait times.

Excellent timing on the parade as it turns out. And wow, pixie does also allows teleportation. :teleport: :tink: Very cool.

I know, I was just so surprised to see her right there again. ;) :rotfl:

I officially want one of those Segway things. That sounds enormously cool.

They were pretty cool to see. And probably a lot safer feeling since they had more than two wheels. The only time I've been on a Segway, I was not comfortable with it at all.

WOW! you got it all!!! The Tink meet and greet looks adorable! How did you feel about meeting her? Were you OK?

I was a bit nervous going in but she started chatting right away which made it easier.

Oh the parade! LOVE IT! and you got a great shot of the fire from the dragon!!! WTG!

I was very happy with that shot because I totally missed it in October. It's so weird writing those two reports at the same time because I'm talking about stuff that I haven't written about on the October one!

Your four-legged kids are adorable! Your rooms looks like a pretty good location at the back of the resort. Great pictures, looking forward to more...

Thanks, I think they are pretty cute too. :rotfl: I was actually pretty close to the front of the resort, just on the backside of a building facing away from the pool.

Hi, May I ask were did you order the groceries from?

Sure! I got them from Garden Grocer. I've used them twice now and they have been great both times. You do have to order a minimum amount but when I compared it to the amount I would have spent if I had bought breakfast each day at the food court, ordering groceries was much cheaper.

Fabulous! You managed to score a great spot.

I was really surprised that that spot was not taken as the parade was almost there.

That tinkerbell meet and greet is new. Looks great!

Yes, she took over the spot where the Princesses used to be. The decorations were very cute.

Yay for meeting Tink! And your FoF photos look fine! You actually snagged a really nice spot for that. That's so cool about the fairies' wands though, I always thought that was how it worked, but it's neat to hear it confirmed. Doesn't ruin the magic for me.

I love learning the behind the scenes info but I know some people think it ruins the magic. For me, knowing how it works almost adds to the magic because I'm always amazed at how Disney comes up with unique stuff.

Can't wait to read about the rest of your night in MK! :mickeyjum

Another installment coming up although not of the whole night yet. I think it's going to take me three or four more updates just to finish out the first night. I took a ton of pictures this trip!

When the parade finished up, I still had a while till my first FP+ which was for the Jingle Cruise at 4:35 pm. I did have a destination in mind to kill some time. When Mom and I were there in October, she spent quite a bit of time looking at the Dooney and Bourke purses. She kept going back to one particular one but in the end decided it was just too expensive so she never got it. I figured it would make a great Christmas present although I knew she would be a little mad about the money I spent. Mom is so hard to shop for so when she shows interest in something I jump on it. Also I was looking for a new Dooney that had come out right before our last trip. It had been sold out in October but I was hoping it would be back in stock this trip. On top of all that, I also wanted to look for a wallet to match the Vera bag I bought in October. Here it is again in case you forgot what it looked like.

So I headed into the jewelry store to drop some serious cash. Unfortunately the Dooney purse I wanted still wasn’t back in stock. But I found the wallet I wanted.

And also the purse for my Mom.

And yes, that is the same pattern I got a few years ago. We really do have very similar tastes. She loved it and was completely shocked that I got it for her. She did lecture me a bit about how much I spent but she didn’t ask me to take it back so I guess it was all OK in the end.

I had my package sent back to the resort because I didn’t want to carry it the rest of the night. That purse I got for Mom was huge! I headed out and stopped for some Photopass pictures with the castle.

I saw that the Dapper Dans were out in their Christmas costumes so I stopped and caught the end of their set.

I headed towards Adventureland, pausing long enough to take a picture of my home away from home.

It was definitely a bit crowded that day but I expected it on the tail end of Thanksgiving.

I still had some time before my FP+ and since I was wearing my Tiki Room shirt (only one I wore during this week that wasn’t Pluto) I decided to pay those birdies a visit. There was a little time before the next show so I played around with my camera.

We entered the theater and got situated. I took this one photo…..

And then all hell broke loose. There was a mom and her two young sons sitting next to me. They were obviously foreign because when the two boys began beating the crap out of each other, the mom started yelling at them loudly in a foreign language. I was seated next to the two boys and got smacked a few times myself. This went on for almost half the show and just completely ruined it for me. The mom finally moved one of the boys to her other side and things calmed down.

I thought about circling back around and watching the show again but I just wasn’t feeling it after that mess so I moved on to use my Jingle Cruise FP. The ride area was all decked out for the holiday so obviously I took lots of pictures.

Continued in Next Post

Continued From Previous Post

Definitely was grateful for the FP.

All of the boats had been renamed for the holidays.

And some pictures from the actual ride. Many of the jokes were changed to be Christmas related which was a lot of fun. There were also some decorations added along the way but I didn’t get pictures of everything.

One of the jokes I do sort of remember was something about Ginger asking for a crockpot for Christmas.

I actually ended up riding the Jingle Cruise 3 times during the trip so I will have more photos for you later.

Up Next: Frozen Fever

I love the purse you got for your mom, and I'm glad she liked it!

Ugh :( sorry your time at the Tiki Room wasn't enjoyable.

Good use of FP on Jungle Cruise! Love the photos.

Great update! I haven't seen any jIngle cruise pictures!!! LOVE THEM! 60 minutes is a wee bit crazy.

I just adore your castle shot!

That Vera you got is my favorite of the Disney patterns! In fact I liked it so much when I saw it on the Disney Parks Blog that I made a special trip over to Downtown Disney to get it on the first day it was available on my last night in Disney back in September! But ya know, it was casual. :lmao: Point is, it's awesome and I'm glad you found the matching card holder! It's SO CUTE.

What an awesome Christmas gift for your mom. I bet she loves it!! Hopefully you found the Dooney you were searching for too!

Apparently the Jingle Cruise was much better this year than last year! At least, that's what I heard. Sounds awesome, looks awesome, works for me! Glad you enjoyed it!

What a nice gift for your mom. Hey, shopping for parents is hard. I agree, if there's something you know they like, you get it. :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness, what an unpleasant sounding Tiki Room. Oy.

I enjoyed the Jingle Cruise last year. I was a bit disappointed at the time that there wasn't more to it, but the extras were cute. It looks like they may have added tiny bit more this year, so that's good.

Hi Ariana! I'm finally here. I've been off the DIS more than on for the last 2 or 3 months, sorry to say. The very first time we stayed on property, we stayed at All Star Movies and we loved it! Of course, the decor has changed inside the rooms, but we just loved the whole flavor of the resort.

I'm loving all your pics! Going at Christmas is the best! We've been twice and there's just soooo much to see, I know we'll go back again some time. I love the shots of you and Think! They really do make it easy to talk to them. I'm so glad you decided to do that. The parade looks awesome. We've never stopped to watch it, but maybe we'll do that next trip because your photos made it look so fun!

Yikes! The Tiki Room ruckus was such a shame. Mom should have taken them both out as soon as they started disrupting everything. I don't blame you for having it spoil the experience. Glad you had the Jingle Cruise to look forward to. I'll admit that that is my least favorite thing at MK, but it might be worth a try for the holiday theme.

Love watching the Dapper Dans!! And I love the bag you got for your Mom! It's always great to buy something and KNOW that they will love it! I also like your Vera Bradley bag, but most of all I love seeing your Pluto bag from D~!

I will check in every once in a while. I'm not getting on the DIS much while we're remodeling the condo (still!!). We hope to get it on the market in February some time. We didn't want to put it on in January, thinking more people will be looking after January. Who knows? Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading more about your trip. You always have so many great photos, its just so easy to put myself there. Keep it up!

P.S. Did Jim get more Lego sets for Christmas?? My grandchildren are so into them and they all got Legos this year. (even the little got the dupelo sets!) I just love helping them put them together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter