Votes: 6 1.8%
  • 1400-1599

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 1600-1799

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • 1800 or more

Votes: 7 2.1%

• Total voters
As of earlier this week, we owned only 325 points at Saratoga for the last 15 years with absolutely no regrets. After watching this thread and others, we bought 200 more this week at VGF at $185/point after using the current discounts including cruising on the Wish discounts. I must be crazy as we will soon be retired, but we think it will be a great way to get the family together at least annually.
What additional incentives are they offering while cruising on the Wish?
We have a cruise on the Wish coming up in January. pirate:

Feeling like the oddball here. We're at 840 going on 1040 and we almost exclusively stay in studios (just 1-3 nights a year in larger accommodations, typically 1BR). Have never rented out and only once put up family/friends.

I guess we go a lot and we do prefer to stay at some the higher points studios: Poly Lake View, VGC, and Riviera SV.

We're adding on because we're almost always completely borrowed out and specifically don't have enough Riviera points for the stays we want. Planning on continuing to add even after hitting 1040, too (likely AUL and Poly2, maybe VDH).

700 points. 310 SSR, 100 BLT, 100 GFV(1), and 190 PVB.

This works for us as we, post 2020, have focused more on going to Aulani and staying in a 2 bedroom. This gives us the flexibility to do that. Not having AP's has REALLY cut back our travels to WDW. If we were to add on, it would only be DLH, and that would only be if the price isn't exorbitantly ridiculous.

Actually considering parting ways with our VGF contract since they rolled the new hotel rooms in with the existing association, if it becomes more difficult to book Deluxe Studios, we would probably sell it.

My one regret is that we didn't buy more BLT at $112/pt when it went on sale (and I think we got it a bit lower than that, but can't remember the promotion...)

Just started buying into DVC but our plans changed quickly. Started out with a dream to only go for VGC but then we realized we should also give WDW a try. Own to stay at 2BR most of the time and also get multiple rooms for larger family events or bring friends every other year.

VGC 520
Riviera 600
CCV 150

1270 Points. Could see us getting to 2000 points easy in the next 5 to 10 years :)

Just started buying into DVC but our plans changed quickly. Started out with a dream to only go for VGC but then we realized we should also give WDW a try. Own to stay at 2BR most of the time and also get multiple rooms for larger family events or bring friends every other year.

VGC 520
Riviera 600
CCV 150

1270 Points. Could see us getting to 2000 points easy in the next 5 to 10 years :)
I was at GCH yesterday for lunch at Craftsman and stopped by the DVC office just to grab a pop socket as a joke gift, and I swear I had to bite my tongue for fear of blurting out "I need 50 more BRV points!". All it took was seeing a family in one of the little cubicle offices talking to a guide and my brain went into instant addonitis/"keep up with the Joneses" mode.

It's a sickness.

I was at GCH yesterday for lunch at Craftsman and stopped by the DVC office just to grab a pop socket as a joke gift, and I swear I had to bite my tongue for fear of blurting out "I need 50 more BRV points!". All it took was seeing a family in one of the little cubicle offices talking to a guide and my brain went into instant addonitis/"keep up with the Joneses" mode.

It's a sickness.
I’m there with you amigo. We don’t have enough CCV points so for sure those should come first. Just a matter if they have a good deal to make me buy them direct or if I fight the ROFR monster and buy resale.

I’m there with you amigo. We don’t have enough CCV points so for sure those should come first. Just a matter if they have a good deal to make me buy them direct or if I fight the ROFR monster and buy resale.

There’s about a 0.0% chance I’d start a resale process now. I’m not having my holidays jacked up dealing with that whole hot mess, and you KNOW any offer you put in now won’t get through ROFR until the middle of October by the time paperwork is complete and the offer submitted, then you’re looking at between Halloween and Thanksgiving at the very earliest to see points. 60 to 70 days right now for resale if you’re super lucky.

I’d be happier eating the extra cost per point and be done with it and have more unrestricted points. Plus, my UY Is Feb, so that puts a huge damper on resale for me now.

Last edited:
Im at 300 cause its what I need. I always wanted to add more but after COVID and the state of things now. I will prob have 0 points if passes don't come back.

And I don't mean discounted. I know we weren't promised discounts and such. . . bla bla bla. I mean just season passes and regular price that ANYONE can buy not just DVC owners. I bought DVC with having season passes in our world also. I was a season pass holder many years before we bought DVC. But now that they stopped sales and cause I stupidly gave up mine due to COVID I am really considering selling if they don't come back. If they come back I'll buy them again as long as I can get 2-3 trips out of them and save a bit.

That's it.
jim

300 at Riviera.

2 adults, no children. The hope is that this holds us once we add a child to the family down the line, but we'll see. I like 1 bedrooms.

Had 1000, sold off some contracts and kept 400 which seems to do well for us.

Started with 110 AKV resale. Got a loaded contract and did so so so much back of envelope calculations is how to get the most bang for my buck. Then I made a banking error and lost 40 points (I was able to rent them so not total loss but couldnt use for my plans, so I added on in May. I was going to buy 80 VGF but I got steamed about no 2022 points, so I got AKV before the price hike. Now I can solidly stay in a 1br for 6 nights every year and I’m trying to resist buying 70 VGF for Member extras and a 2br every year once my daughter is a teenager.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter