How many park days are too many?

Thanks everyone. We have decided to do 4 days/4nights at DLH. Then head down to Huntington beach for the weekend and stay at the Hyatt. Arrival day won't be a full day so CA, 2 full DL days, and last full day CA. I will have to try and convince DH we need the hoppers but i may have already pushed the limit with DLH.

Look, I love DLH but particularly at the moment, I would get an equally nice (or arguably nicer) hotel that’s almost as close or even closer for half the money and spend those savings on 4 or 5 day hoppers. Somewhere like Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance, Residence Inn Convention, Springhill Suites Convention, Hyatt House, The Westin or JW Marriott.
DLH is a great hotel but with limited housekeeping and room service, no EMH, no room delivery and some amenities (like Robes) only available on request, is it worth giving up a hopper and a park day? I personally don’t think it is if that’s the choice you have to make.

Last edited:
Look, I love DLH but particularly at the moment, I would get an equally nice (or arguably nicer) hotel that’s almost as close or even closer for half the money and spend those savings on 4 or 5 day hoppers. Somewhere like Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance, Residence Inn Convention, Springhill Suites Convention, Hyatt House, The Westin or JW Marriott.
DLH is a great hotel but with limited housekeeping and room service, no EMH, no room delivery and some amenities (like Robes) only available on request, is it worth giving up a hopper and a park day? I personally don’t think it is if that’s the choice you have to make.
We were originally going to stay off site but the more I read about So. Harbor and saw a few videos on youtube I felt avoiding that was worth the cost. I know there's no bubble but I'd like to make my own as best I can.:-)

We were originally going to stay off site but the more I read about So. Harbor and saw a few videos on youtube I felt avoiding that was worth the cost. I know there's no bubble but I'd like to make my own as best I can.:-)
I’d be interested to know what you think you are avoiding? A couple of homeless people, crowds at Harbor security, dozens of reasonably priced restaurants?
If DLH is easily in budget for you, then stay there by all means. For me it’s a splurge, a splurge that isn’t worth it imo, particularly if it compromises other parts of my vacation.

I’d be interested to know what you think you are avoiding? A couple of homeless people, crowds at Harbor security, dozens of reasonably priced restaurants?
If DLH is easily in budget for you, then stay there by all means. For me it’s a splurge, a splurge that isn’t worth it imo, particularly if it compromises other parts of my vacation.
Yes I think I am avoiding all of the above. It's a vacation for a reason, and easily in budget. Just creating my own bubble, but to each their own.

Yes I think I am avoiding all of the above. It's a vacation for a reason, and easily in budget. Just creating my own bubble, but to each their own.
Absolutely to each their own, I totally agree. But Harbor Bvde is not the Ghetto, far from it. I’ve never felt like I’m on anything but a vacation staying there. Plus the nice hotels I mentioned will be roomier, have room service and make your bed for you 😁.
Yes I have stayed onsite in Anaheim, Florida and Hong Kong Disney parks so I do have a frame of reference. I’m only saying this to point out that you miss out on very little by staying on Harbor compared to onsite, particularly with the current lack of service, amenities and perks at the onsite Hotels. If it’s a choice between extra park days and parkhoppers vs DLH, DLH should lose that comparison in the current environment.

Absolutely to each their own, I totally agree. But Harbor Bvde is not the Ghetto, far from it. I’ve never felt like I’m on anything but a vacation staying there. Plus the nice hotels I mentioned will be roomier, have room service and make your bed for you 😁.
Yes I have stayed onsite in Anaheim, Florida and Hong Kong Disney parks so I do have a frame of reference. I’m only saying this to point out that you miss out on very little by staying on Harbor compared to onsite, particularly with the current lack of service, amenities and perks at the onsite Hotels. If it’s a choice between extra park days and parkhoppers vs DLH, DLH should lose that comparison in the current environment.
I totally agree. I don’t know what videos she saw but it sounds extreme. At most I’ll see one homeless person sleeping at the bus stop. And not even see them. They’re usually huddled under a blanket under the bench.

I’m
Hi all. We are frequent WDW visitors (myself, DH, DD14, and DS 8) going to DL for the first time. We will arrive at 10am April 19th from the east coast and are staying at the DLH til we fly out late in the evening on the 24th (6 days/5nights). We currently have 5 day park tickets and planned on taking one day off in between to rent a car and go to Huntington beach for the day. I'm curious if this is possibly too many park days and I should switch to 4 park days and stay overnight at the beach the last 2 days of our trip. We will have DAS for my son as we always do in WDW so no genie+. We are not open to close park people. We like to take afternoon breaks and do sit down dinners. Would 2 full park days and 2 half days be enough? How would you split them up in that case? Don't want to pay extra for park hoppers and not interested in fireworks because they're too loud for my son. Really torn what to do because I want us to be able to enjoy the parks without missing much but also traveling across the country would like to experience more than just Disney. Also in late April can we enjoy the pools and beach weather wise? Sorry for the long explanation and thanks in advance for any advice.
[/QUOTE

yes. 4 days at the parks 2 days at the beach. That’ll be perfect.

We are locals to WDW, out the back gate in Winter Garden and are AP holders, and have been to Disneyland once... We are taking my DD and grandson with us for this trip...

I went back and forth, and back and forth trying to remember DH and I trip about 10 years ago... found my notes and researching on line, and of course reading up on the DIS.... and with all that said...
We ended up with 4 full days, 2 in each park... alternating between them...and no park hoppers, with my Grandson being 7 we decided to stay in 1 park per day... and we are leaning to possibly getting Genie for at least 1 day for Disneyland Park, we are playing this by ear...
We are staying off site..as well the park hours are extended during our trip at Disneyland to midnight... California Adventure to 10:00 pm, so we can take a break mid-day if needed... Our hotel provides a bus to and from the park at no extra charge, which is another perk for us...
On arrival day, we will just go to the hotel and over to Disneyland District for dinner, and back and turn in for a early night and not hit the parks until the next day... so we can sleep and get adjusted to the time change...

I would look at the park hours when available for your time frame... and see what best suit's your family needs, and go from there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter