• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many of you have brought an infant to WDW? What age?

NightAngelX

Would rather be at WDW
Hello,

We are planning a big family trip next year. :jumping1:

DH and I are adopting so we may or may not have a child for the trip. My SIL is pregnant now and will definitely have a 6 month old if we go in May like we want to right now. We fully realize that this trip is for the adults, not the babies. So I am not looking for how the babies 'enjoyed' it. Just how much fun the adults had when they were also caring for an infant. My MIL and FIL have offered to watch the baby(ies) for some of the time because they aren't big into the parks, but I don't want them to have to.

Just wondering how many people bring babies under 1 year and how it went.

Thanks in advance!

Our first trip my ds was 4 and dd 8 months. I joke sometimes that that trip was easier then the other trips we have taken as the kids have gotten older. She was an easy baby and not really crawling yet, so she was content in the stroller or carrier.

She would nap in the stroller in the am abs we would go back and she would nap at the resort.

With our older girls, we stupidly waited until they were "old enough" to go. They were 5 and 3. We started going annually after that and always said we should have started going sooner.

Well, we got our surprise little boy last year, and took him for the 1st time at 3 months old. It was a great trip!! It's important to take it slow and be prepared but it was awesome. He just completed another trip last month (at 15 months old).

Taking them under 1 is actually a lot easier than once they start walking and gaining some independence. :laughing:

I took my son to Disneyland at 8.5 months. It was wonderful and he handled everything like a champ, including the 6 hour flight! He is a very easy going baby in general. While I know he won't remember anything, I do think he was interested in the sights and sounds. We did quite a few rides with him. When he was tired, he just fell asleep in the stroller. The way I see it is no matter where you are you have to care for the baby, so you might as well be in Disney!

We have been going since our 1st DD was 6 month old and our first trip with our 2nd DD, she was 5 months old. Cannot understand when I hear "wait until their old enough to remember". We have great family photos and videos of those trips and are so glad we did go. We have taken 1 and a few times 2 strollers and it really is not a big deal, you just need a routine to fold them up before the bus comes.

The youngest I've done so far is 16 months. It was the perfect age for a first trip focused on the kid. But since you know that the focus will still be on the adults at a younger age, I think you will be fine. Take the in-laws up on the offer to keep the kids some, but other than that, I imagine taking a baby to be a lot like taking a backpack that needs to be fed and changed. Our little girl is due in July and we are taking her and our boys who will be almost 6 and 2 in October. Hopefully I'll have a good report to share afterwards

We took DD last year when she was 4 months, 7 months and again at 11 months. She was a very easy baby but I found her to be a little fussy on the first trip...maybe because it was her first time away from home and her schedule was a bit off, plus it was hot. The trips at 7 months and 11 months were great. We are taking her again at the end of August at almost 19 months and I think this one will be a little trickier because I know she won't want to be held as much and will just want to walk everywhere. I recommend a baby carrier for your SIL if she doesn't already have one...allows the baby to sleep when he/she wants and you can even go on some rides like that so you don't have to worry about waking the baby up.

Good luck with your adoption!

, I imagine taking a baby to be a lot like taking a backpack that needs to be fed and changed.
lol! :rotfl2: This cracked me up!

Thank you ALL for your comments I feel better now. I am so happy to be planning another trip to WDW! A whole year to plan!

On our first family trip to Disney World, we had a 9 year old, a 5 year old and a 6 month old. It was wonderful! We took a slower pace than some perhaps, but it made for a relaxing trip. Rider swap was perfect for us because the big kids could ride a second time with the parent to had waited with the baby. The stroller was oh, so nice and really not a hassle in the parks. At 6 months, our daughter was still content to be in the stroller a lot and nap there as well. We also took a carrier so that we could "wear" her on certain rides or when she was a little fussy.

IMO, the younger they are, the easier it is. I took all three of mine to Disneyland starting at 6 weeks. We went to Disney World when my middle kid was 6 months--it was fine. We had the stroller, but I mostly wore her. She was an easy-going baby, so she just sort of went with whatever.

Our kids have been a little older on their first trips, but I think that as long as you have a 'village' to take turns watching the baby, that everyone will have a good time.

My daughter was 9 months when we took her for the first time. It was fun-ish lol it was definitely difficult because she was a busy baby who didn't like the stroller and didn't like to be worn. Didn't nap in the stroller well. She did love everything and at 4 swears she remembers riding dumbo that trip. It all depends on the personality of the baby I guess.

I took my son at 12 months again again at 24 months almost to the day on each trip. The trip where he was 12 months was more fun for us, and the trip at 24 months was more fun for him. We enjoyed both trips, and I wouldn't hesitate to bring a 6 month old - they're just along for the ride no matter where they're going at that age anyway - might as well be at WDW!

My daughter was 9 months when we took her for the first time. It was fun-ish lol it was definitely difficult because she was a busy baby who didn't like the stroller and didn't like to be worn. Didn't nap in the stroller well. She did love everything and at 4 swears she remembers riding dumbo that trip. It all depends on the personality of the baby I guess.
I love that your little one says she remembers Dumbo! My 5 year old swears up and down she remembers riding It's a Small World when she was 6 months old. She is SO excited that we're headed back in September and she can ride her favorite ride again! And you're right. It depends on the baby's personality and mobility, I think. One who wants to be down and into things a lot but is not old enough to walk along with the group would be more challenging.

we took our 10 month old in november. we mostly wore him around the park and it was fairly easy. he napped well while worn. he went on almost every ride we went on.

My son was 7 months with no other children. My daughter was 4 months along with my 4 yr old & 6 yr old. My granddaughter was 5 months with no others

I brought my daughter at 4 and 8 months. We are also going back next month at 13 months. 4 months was an easy trip. She just wanted to look at everything. I guess the "hardest" part was BFing, but I just did it where ever we were. We used baby swap and it was 4 adults to 1 kid. 8 months was a little harder. She wanted to get out of the stroller and move around. We also cut all our days off around 4 in the parks. She tended to get cranky then. It was also a little harder because I had less help, but it was good practice since I will have little to no help for part of this next trip.

Not times we had lots of fun and she enjoyed meeting characters and going on rides.

Hello,

We are planning a big family trip next year. :jumping1:

DH and I are adopting so we may or may not have a child for the trip. My SIL is pregnant now and will definitely have a 6 month old if we go in May like we want to right now. We fully realize that this trip is for the adults, not the babies. So I am not looking for how the babies 'enjoyed' it. Just how much fun the adults had when they were also caring for an infant. My MIL and FIL have offered to watch the baby(ies) for some of the time because they aren't big into the parks, but I don't want them to have to.

We went again when he was about 20 months old, and let me tell you, it was MUCH MUCH easier when he was an infant than when he was a mobile toddler.

Just wondering how many people bring babies under 1 year and how it went.

Thanks in advance!

We went when our son was 9 months and our daughter was 6 1/2. We had no issues...he slept in the stroller when he wanted to, I stopped and fed him or changed him when he needed it, and our daughter got to ride all the 'big kid' rides twice because of child swap, so she thought that was pretty fabulous. We just took it easy and went at a pace that made sense to us based on how both kids were feeling and acting.

I would definitely do it again if I had another baby (though I would shoot myself before having another baby at my age, I'm more Grandma material now a days)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter