How many kids do you have?

We have four (#4 was a TOTAL surprise!:goodvibes). I feel like life got much busier after the fourth...maybe because they're getting older and busier?? I love having four children, but would NOT want to have anymore than that!

4 and all were born in September. They are DS14, DD11, DS3, and DD1. We have gotten are they all yours comments as well because of the gap. We thought we were done after 1st DD. DS#2 was a surprise. The older ones were 10 and 7 when he was born and I did not want him to grow up by himself after the older ones moved out so we tried for 1 more. We are not the norm here---most families have only 2 or 3.

We have 3 boys. First 2 are bio, third is adopted. We are discussing adopting a girl.

I really don't care what anyone else thinks......this is what we have decided is best for us.

Dawn

We have 2...2 boys that are a about 11 months apart. We tossed the idea of having one more around for a couple of years, but I think we've decided that we're done with 2. DH is planning on getting snipped(lol) this year, so that should do it for us.
I don't feel like 3 kids are a BIG family, I came from a family of 3 kids as did DH, but I don't think that I could handle 3 kids. I really admire those that want to have more than 2!

You can't imagine a 3rd because your guys are close together and still really little. Just wait until they are both in school for a couple of years and you realize it's all moving along way too fast! :sad:

I felt the exact same way you did when my boys were little (20 months apart) and I told people I would NEVER want anymore kids. DH was snipped. Then when the boys were 7 and 9 I decided I wanted another child so we adopted. :love: Everyone thought we were crazy. :laughing:

We have 3. Love it! And yes at first we got the comments...mainly from my mother!:scared1: She thought that we should stop at two. She told me several times that two was enough...we really should "do something" to prevent a third. We didn't know what we wanted to do...we left it up to God on that one. We had the third and we feel complete now. Now, my mom wouldn't trade all three for anything. She eats them all up and loves them equally. We have several friends that have 3...it works out great when we have playdates!

Part of me would have had more...but I am very happy with three...I think that is about how many we can send to college!:rotfl2:

We have 5 but my second son died when he was 2 1/2 months.
So 4 and 1 angel:cloud9:
and yes we have had comments. The last two are twins.

We also have 3, which is perfect for us. With all the activities they have, I don't know if we could handle anymore!

We have 5 children, 3 "homemade" and 2 from adoption. We were done with 3, but God had other plans! The oldest 2 were adopted from Russia 9/07. Long story, but our church sponsored their orphanage and we adopted our sponsor child and his brother. I think I often do feel a little touchy when we get "the looks" or a little comment about how many kids we have from people who don't know us/know our story. I have actually explained how the oldest 2 are adopted, I think sometimes just to make the commenter feel badly for saying something. But...I need to not do that. We have 5 children, God planned it that way, and it doesn't need to be justified to anyone.:lovestruc

To answer OP's original question...in our area, 3 children is very much the norm.

If people are making comments about 3 kids I shudder to think what they say about us!

7 count em - 7

DD - 32, DS - 26, DS- 24, DS-23, DD-11, DD-10, DS- 8

As you can see there was a bigtime spread between #4 and #5.

I had cancer and after the chemo I was told I couldn't have any more. I thought I was done anyway - SURPRISE!!!! Anyway we started all over with number 5 and didn't want her to grown up like an only child so we kept going.

Even though I thought I would lose my mind when I got pregnant for number 5 I wouldn't trade the three youngest for anything in the world!

Three boys under the age of 5. We love the "joyful chaos" that is our house! :love:

Our boys are a mix of bio and adopted and we're considering adding a fourth after one of our current little pumpkins is out of diapers... I can only handle two being in diapers at a time. :lmao:

Three boys under the age of 5. We love the "joyful chaos" that is our house! :love:

Our boys are a mix of bio and adopted and we're considering adding a fourth after one of our current little pumpkins is out of diapers... I can only handle two being in diapers at a time. :lmao:

I had 3 in diapers for almost a year - dd8 was only 1 when my twins were born! :scared1:

We have 4, two boys and two girls. We get lots of comments, but I think it has more to do with their ages, 6,6,4 and 2. Also, we adopted all four from Guatemala, so that may have a little to do with it as well.

4 and all were born in September. They are DS14, DD11, DS3, and DD1. We have gotten are they all yours comments as well because of the gap. We thought we were done after 1st DD. DS#2 was a surprise. The older ones were 10 and 7 when he was born and I did not want him to grow up by himself after the older ones moved out so we tried for 1 more. We are not the norm here---most families have only 2 or 3.

its those cold winters:lmao: All 4 of mine were due in september.. I ended up with one 1 sept baby.. they others were early or late

3 is not too many!!!! that makes no sense.

We have 2 lovely daughters and don't plan to have anymore. We also believe that a family of 4 is perfect for us.

Alot of people ask us if we will try for a boy....absolutely not!! If I wanted another child it would have nothing to do with needing a different sex. I like having 2 girls...they will have the same friends and sisters are the best.:thumbsup2

we have 4 children. DS 10, DS 6, DS 2 and DD 9 months I get a lot of comments too about having 4. We hadn't planned on 4 but I love every minute of it. I don't think 4 is any different than 2 or 3 - my only "difficulty" is having 2 in diapers for the first time, but hopefully that will change soon!

Ok, didn't read all posts closely, but I think I have to be in the running...

DS-12
DD-10
DS-8
DS-7
DS-7 (not twins, one adopted 6mths younger than existing bio)
DD-6
DD-2.5
DS-4mth

That makes 8 kids, 10 of us total....and we are going to WDW for the 1st time in May thanks to Make-A-Wish Foundation.

For those of you getting comments with 3-4 kids....just imagine what I get when I take 6-7 of them with me (33yr old dad) to the grocery store.

I have actually told someone that asked "are they all yours" that "no, I only have 2, the rest followed me in the store because I looked to nice to be dangerous". Needless to say, the woman about died with shock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter