• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many hours are YOU in each park?

Here's what we'll have based on my plans for this August. This is over 6 park days, we also have one water park day and a resort day planned.

MK: 17
EP: 12
AK: 11
DHS: 8

This is pretty comparable to what we had last year, give or take a couple hours, and I feel like it's enough. We were able to get a lot done in the mornings by getting there for rope drop, then we'd take a 3-4 hour break back at the hotel after lunch so the baby could nap, then go back to the park in the evenings. I'm sure as our kids get older we'll spend more hours in the parks but, at ages 6 and 2, breaking park time up into 4-5 hour chunks works best.

Last year we did 16 in a single MK day. Lol! We open (and sometimes are in the park before opening) and close parks every day. We are not rest people. This year we have hoppers, so we will lose a bit of park time with travel, but we plan to hit am EMH and pm EMH on the same day at least once, hopefully more.

When we go we usually are there for 10 days. Usually get hoppers for 5 days.

HS-1 day
EP- 1 day
AK- 1/2 day
MK- 2 1/2 days

As they say, to each his own

For us that wouldn't be enough, but every family is different. We're definitely action vacationers. We go on vacations to do stuff - we can sit around and relax at home for free. We tried to take a day off in the middle of a trip once, but we were in MK by noon. We tend to do trips with 8 or 9 park days and we're generally in the parks anywhere from 10 to 14 hours per day. But that is definitely not something most families are looking for.

For a 7 day trip, we'd probably do:
Epcot - 20 hrs
MK - 20 hrs
DHS - 15 hrs
AK - 8 hrs
Other - 12 hrs
We are the exact same way. Last year we tried to take a day off in the middle as well and were going crazy by lunch so we ended up buying an extra day..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter