How many have booked through the new AP Best Rate Program?

Did you book using the new AP Best Rate Program?

• Yes I did!

• Nope, not for me!

• Still trying to get in but am going to book!

• Still thinking about it....!

Results are only viewable after voting.

lillygator

DIS Veteran
I would like to get a feel for how many people are actually using this to book since we have so many threads on the masses that are so against it....

I booked 10/26-10/30 Pop Century standard room for $79 - $88.10 including tax....I think that is a pretty good rate even if it doesn't go any lower.

I can't get into the system on my Mac using Safari but can using Internet Explorer - I have looked, considered but I can't get past the non refundable deposit.

Yes I booked, I am happy with the discount that I got. POP in Dec for $59 a night. Rack rate is $77.
The $59 rate is probably where it will stay. That is the rate the AP discount was last year. So I do not have to call or keep checking the boards for a code to come out.
SO yes the program worked for me.

Lori

And had been one of the masses against. :rotfl: But that was when the system wasn't apparently running properly. There was no way I was going to book at rack rate and "hope" Disney would release a discount when I already had my reservation w/ a AAA rate.

Now that the lower prices have been loaded, we know exactly what we are booking. On the flip side I no longer believe there's a good chance the rates will be futher reduced. If they want to get more guests in during a slow period...all they have to do is open up the AP rate to more of the rack paying guests. There's no need for them to offer something even better than the current AP rate. kwim????

So.... I'm in the system at a decent rate (35% off rack for moderates). Not that much better than AAA (25%), but still enough savings over our 6 day trip to cover a nice meal. Do I wish they were offering APs 45% or more room discounts???? Sure....but it's a different world again...and those discounts are gone for now. heck, I'd gladly trade them away to know it's a result that tourism is back up and Americans are safer (or at least feeling safer) again!!! :love:

Yes we did
Dec. 11th to 20th WL standard room
$129 per night: and w/ taxes and 4 adult occupancy $199.60 per night.

By using this discount we were able to stay at a deluxe resort our entire stay instead of splitting the time between a moderate and a deluxe to save money.

Hi,

I did. The whole thing seemed so wrong in the beginning I really thought something was going to change. It had to.

I had my reservation already, and I do book what I am willing to pay rack for if I have to. When I saw that they had loaded the rates on Monday I called CRO and told them I could get a better price right now online and what could they do with my existing deposit?

I had a nice CM who said to go and make the booking and call her back and she would cancel my original reservation and arrange for my original deposit to be refunded or transferred to my new reservation as payment for a second night. I would still need to make a new deposit online.

So I did! My reservation for AKL Poolview went from 1, 061.00 to $825.00. I was so excited I forgot to write down her name to call back! My say is actually split, first five days at POFQ. I could not find POFQ at PBRP rates so I left that portion with the CAA discount. I could have moved to POR but I would only save about a hundred dollars so I kept POFQ because I love it.

When I called back I got another great CM (Thank you Sophie Lynn!) who knew about the program and made the changes for me.

Now that it is working better I think I like it. I always have and active AP, I always book early, and even though the deposit is non-refundable they seem pretty flexible about changes if you don’t mind the small fee. I know I will always be going back so I am not really worried.

I like knowing that I can probably find those good rates at 120 days out rather than frantically checking boards as everyone guesses about the release dates. I think when the program really gets rolling and the dates are being updated daily there won’t be such a rush to the site and the server issues should go away.

Do I need to go did my flame retardant suit of the closet?

I did not. My dates are 11/27 - 12/2 and staying at ASMo. With my AAA discount I am only paying 11.60 more than with the AP discount. Not enough incentive for me. I would rather pay the $11 and have some flexibility in case I need to change or cancel.

I voted no.. :) The 120-days out doesn't work for me - the non-refundable deposit doesn't work for me - the $50 Modification Penalty doesn't work for me - the limit of one room doesn't work for me - and the nightmare of actually trying to use this program on-line definitely wouldn't work for me.. LOL :badpc:

"If" a decent AP rate becomes available later on, I'll consider staying on-site as a treat for my granddaughter - if not, we'll probably go with a nice condo off-site.. :flower:

Is this AP Best Rate online the only way you can get an AP discount now or can you still have your reservation and call CRO and see if there is an AP discount available? If you are still able to do this the old way do you have to have an active AP at the time you make the reservation or not? Thanks.

The main reason I used the best rate program was becasue a discount was available for the Beach Club, my favorite Disney Resort. When I initially made my ressies in April, only the Yacht Club had the AAA rate. I have called CRO several times to switch to the BC only be told that it was sold out even for rack rates. Just by chance, I checked the passholder site and a waterview room at the BC was available. I had to book the reservation that day as it was right at the 120 day mark, so I decided to take the gamble.

I voted "NO" this morning!! But--------- then I played with the system, and booked 2 rooms at POP for $59/nite. I do not think it will get lower. Even if it goes to $49, that is okay, I do not have to hang on the phone at awful hours every morning to check!! So, it did end up working for me! :flower:

:earsgirl: shopgirl(arly)

I did!

When I first read about this, I too hated it. But now, I've gotten POR for 850.78 for 7 nights, with no phone calls, no changing my dates, no changing resorts. When I last talked to a CM, I asked if I could pay before I went down, she told me to hang on, not to pay yet, that she thinks they might go down a little more. She said they were trying to stop the "credit your credit card, to turn around a charge your credit card." Apparently people have been complaining about this, and saying that Disney is messing up their card. If we don't pay until we check in, then no one has to worry about screwing up their credit card.

But then again, I've heard several reasons for this new system. I am not with the majority, I like this new system. And, sorry, but I even told the CM on the phone that I liked it, and I told her I hope they keep it. I'm not able to take quick vacations any time of year. I have to know when I'm going on vacation at the beginning of the year (for my job) and schedule it then. Then, all I have to do is decide what I'm doing on that vacation. Well, I only like to vacation down there, so the decision isn't to hard. Trust me, I wish I could just book a quick trip here and there, but cannot. So, this plan is great for me!

Chris

I did. I'm not real crazy about the non-refundable deposit/46 day cancellation policy, but if that's the only way I can get the AP discount I'll do it. We have 2 rooms at the GF, GV in December for 5 nights and will save almost $800 booking this way.I was afraid there would be no way to get a discount if I waited, and $800 will cover a huge part of the rest of our expenses.

IF I wanted a room, I would probably look for a FL res rate or (gasp) off site. But my situation is different than most.

Bella2000, I use FireFox on my Mac because Safari gives you an error when you try to log in. FireFox works fine for everything Disney.

Regs,

CJM

No, not yet but I probably will. I wanted AKL standard savannah and they had every kind of room but that. I checked 3 different weeks but that type of room is not available. :sad2: We may splurge and stay CR tower room because price was lower than I expected. I guess I have a few weeks to decide.

When I read about this I thought it wouldn't be very good, that the rates wouldnt be low etc. But I got online last night and played with it and it worked fine. I would have booked right then but my DH was asleep and I needed to make sure exactly how long we were going to stay. Then I booked around noon today and everything went smoothly. I got $164 + tax for a FW cabin which about what we paid last year so I was pleased. I was surprised you could only book for 10 nights. We wanted to stay 11. I even changed the reservation by calling in and #1. I didnt have to wait!! and #2. The most polite, cheerful young lady changed what I needed with no problem!

I had to use IE also because the Disney site doesn't like Safari. I don't think it would even let me into the AP site with Safari, only if I use IE. Wish they'd do something so Safari will work too.

I tried to book on Monday night and ended up with error messages even with the IE, Tuesday morning before and I received messages they were having troubles with their system. Tuesday after work I finally got it to all come together and am now finally booked with the Best Rate. We already had our plane tickets paid for, our MNSSHP tickets booked and were just trying to decide when to tie up the room so we could check that off our list of things to do :)

What am I doing wrong? :badpc:

I log in as a passholder but I see no way to make a ressie other than the same old special offers.

A little help please?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter