How many days?

la79al

DIS Veteran
We are heading to Florida in March to visit relatives. We will be about 1.5 hours from Orlando and Tampa but would like to do both SeaWorld and Busch Gardens. We did SeaWorld a few years ago, 1 day and missed some stuff but still had a great time. We did BG in VA 2 days last summer. I am thinking about getting 3 days tickets for SW/BG for March but not sure which park to give 2 days and which to give 1. And then I'm wondering whether I should just do a 2 day ticket so we are actually spending some time just chilling with the relatives. It will be my DH and I, possibly my MIL and DDs (almost 9, 6.5 and 22 months). DDs will do the biggest rides they are able to but are just as content not doing rides. I know the water parks are an option on the flex tickets too but I really doubt that we'll be entertaining that option.

If it was going to take me 1.5 hours to get there then I would just plan on 1 long day at each park. Try and get there for opening and decide what you really want to do and do that first. We went to BG from Kissimmee over Christmas and it was really busy and most rides had long wait times. Although first thing, we managed to get on a few coasters before the queues were too big.

Conversely, on Xmas Eve we were at SW and had purchased quick queue, but it wasn't necessary at all, even later in the day the longest queue was for the new roller coaster and was around 40 minutes.

Enjoy your days

Loved SeaWorld. Wouldn't spend less than 2 days there. Planning on another trip this year with a minimum of 3 days at SW, could be 5. It is now my favourite park.

Never made it to BG as they have so many smoking areas and I'm allergic. Not sure how the two parks can be so different.

It's been over a decade since I've been to BG, so I really can't comment on that. (Thanks for the smoking comment Squirrel - that makes me want to wait longer before trying it again). Look up the attractions online to see how much it has that your kids would like. If you don't mind the drive from where you're staying and have the time, I'd do two days at SW. It's impossible to line up all the show times perfectly and there's a lot more to see other than shows too. They have a great area for kids to ride/play as well. Also, SW isn't as visually overwhelming as some theme parks IMO, giving it a more relaxing feeling. Also - I'm not sure how far away you'll be, but Legoland is great for kids those ages as well.

I would 2 days at Seaworld and one day at BG. However if possible, I would try to book a SW hotel and stay there for the night in between my two days. That would give you quick queue passes for your second day and would save you 3 hours of driving. We're staying at the Springhill Suites for one night and it's under $120. March will be busy with spring breakers os the Quick Queue could really come in handy esp of your DD9 wants to ride some of the coasters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter