• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many days is DAS active for?

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
My son applied/used his DAS for the first time on 12/27. We are looking to possibly go back in March, and looks like our one day park day might be 3/31. I believe they said 90 days....and this would be just beyond that. I just wanted to confirm this is the case and I'd have to re-visit Guest Services. Thanks!

I believe its normally 14 days, and 60 days for yearly pass holders, but I could be wrong.

I am pretty sure it is 60!days for all.

Yes you need to revisit guest relations when you get to the park if you want to use the DAS

Just know if you already had it 9nce, just let them know you need it again and as long as your needs haven't changed, it should be easy to do.

We will be traveling with another family this time around. Would all our bands get scanned? 9 total.

We will be traveling with another family this time around. Would all our bands get scanned? 9 total.
Maybe. More than 6 is an exception. You will all need to be present at Guest Relations to get added to the DAS.
And if all are connected to the DAS, some rides may still only allow a max of 6, so plan accordingly how you might split up if needed.

I would make plans expecting to be split up because I don't know if they could accommodate 9 on a DAS with social distancing right now. I know they are already asking parties of 10 or more to split up even without a DAS. And given the more limited areas for the returns, it may be more of an issue, it may not be. But I would definitely have a plan in place in case it is.

Everybody must get added to the DAS , both at the time it is issued and then for each ride. . Most attractions/ rides have a limit of 6 who can be given the DAS return time . Adding any more than that will be at the discretion of the CMs.

so make sure whoever will be riding with the DAS holder is the one(s) getting added to the return time

Just for reference, and I don’t think this really applies to the OP, but we had a few really oddly scheduled trips a few years ago and were told multiple times that for non-APs the time limit is entered by the cast member when you get the DAS, and there is a bit of flexibility there, but not anything like 60 or 90 days. We’ve had our DAS expire mid-trip because we tend to take so many off days And didn’t realize it could expire in just 5 days. At Disneyland, it’s typically the number of days of your ticket, but if you aren’t going to use the ticket consecutively, you can ask to get it lengthened and they will happily. At Disney World, it’s typically when your current ticket expires (e.g. 14 days from now for a 10day ticket), I guess if you were going to be using two tickets back to back or something, you might want to ask to have it lengthened. So the gist of it for non-AP holders is that DAS is designed to be acquired anew every trip. If that changed recently (maybe to lessen lines at guest services?), I’m sure someone can correct me.

I called to inquire if someone could see my son's DAS pass and how long it was active for, and whoever answered said she didn't have access to anything, and that I'd have to check in with Guest Services at the park. I'm wondering if there is any way to visit an outside of the park Guest Services location to check in on this before our first park day (International Gateway has one, right? Anywhere else?). Is it possible for my husband to drop us off somewhere without having to pay for parking? So we can check? Sounds time consuming, but I'd still rather attempt this the day before rather on our first park morning. Thanks!

@JJ2017 You can try an outside-the-park Guest Relations window in the evening. If they aren’t busy with ticket issues and have the right equipment (iPad) available they can help. Choose a park with evening hours that us still open. You can be dropped off, but expect your DH may need to circle around rather than wait. Be aware that you will need MBs or tickets for your whole party to add them to the DAS, as well as your son in-person. For some kids going that close to the park and not entering could be a bigger challenge than dealing with GR in the morning.

Maybe. More than 6 is an exception. You will all need to be present at Guest Relations to get added to the DAS.
And if all are connected to the DAS, some rides may still only allow a max of 6, so plan accordingly how you might split up if needed.

While this may generally be true, when we were there in October, they did not want everybody in our group going into guest relations. there was a cm outside who asked what we were there for, and when i told him, he said to just get everybody's magic bands and go inside myself. I'm sure it has to do with distancing since the guest relations office is kinda small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter