How many days for kid-free trip?

maman_et_fille

Just a spoonful of sugar . . .
We are headed to WDW without kids for the first time this summer and trying to figure out how long of a trip to plan. Our kids go to bed pretty early so we aren't used to "full" days at Disney. We are thinking 5 days/4 nights - does that sound about right? Long enough to enjoy ourselves and have some time to relax? Thanks!

We are planning on 5 nights, 4 days. Although I really would love to go for longer but don't know that we can leave the kids for much longer.

Thats a perfect timeframe, especially if you plan on doing long days. My last kid-free trip, by day 3 I was totally wiped because I had been going from 8am - 11pm or later each day. but it was fun!

Me and my BF are planning on going in September for 9 nights / 10 days. Do you think that is overkill and too much time? He's never been to the World before!:eek:

Me and my BF are planning on going in September for 9 nights / 10 days. Do you think that is overkill and too much time? He's never been to the World before!:eek:

No way! For us it's a balance of enough time to fit in what we want without being away from our kids too long . . . without the kids to worry about, we could easily stay 2 weeks :-)

No way! For us it's a balance of enough time to fit in what we want without being away from our kids too long . . . without the kids to worry about, we could easily stay 2 weeks :-)

That's exactly what I was hoping you'd say!! I'm obsessed with Disney and want to stay as long as possible! Thanks for the reply!

My brother & I are dyed in the wool Disney fanatics now in our 30s. We've done anything from 2 week family trips to taking a first flight down, staying on property and taking the last flight the next day. It all depends on how aggressively you want to move around the parks.

I dont really view AK or DHS as full day parks. MK & EPCOT most certainly are, with or without children. So 3 or 4 days are adequate. A 5th allows a more leisurely pace, it is vacation after all.

Personally, I advocate as long as your schedule and budget allows.

I find I need more time without the kids because we do more sit-down dinners, explore bars that we never would with the kids, take tours we wouldn't take with the kids and watch more Epcot shows then we would with the kids.

I find I need more time without the kids because we do more sit-down dinners, explore bars that we never would with the kids, take tours we wouldn't take with the kids and watch more Epcot shows then we would with the kids.

THIS. Many of the adult things I now do without kids would bore them to tears or make them resentful. Leisurely dinners, special tours, Richard Petty Driving Experience, monorail bar hop, watching WISHES from the Poly beach...

I am going in October for 9 nights/10 days. My pre-planning has us pretty well scheduled with such "boring" adult activities.

ETA: With kids we went 5 nights/6 days and it was plenty...for them.

Our decision was based on a few factors. This is our first trip without them so we didn't want to go too long. Also our kids are older 16 11 11. If they were younger we probably would have a tougher time going without them. Our trip is 4 days 3 nights. Can't wait!

Our trip in March is 5days/4nights. Why?
1- it's within our small get away budget
2- only time we could get off
3- don't want to burden my parents for too long for taking in the kids during the school week
4- we were just there as a family in December
5- seems like enough time to hit all the parks and still be able to enjoy the resort amenities.

My wife and I went in '09 for four days in the parks and will be there again in march for same time period. We have been the last two years with the kids and four days as adults works good for us. We would love to do longer but like others have said leaving the kids with parents too long is not an option. We go at a slow pace and do every thing we want in that time frame, don't usually do Hollywood studios and only do early morning at animal kingdom. I think your five days is really good and hope you have a great trip!!! Enjoy!

We did our first kid free trip last year for 5 days, we are about to plan our second kid free trip for 6 days. I will be honest I didn't think we would have been on the go as much as we were. The inner kid came out and we didn't want to miss anything!!! We never went back for naps or anything :) granted not everyone will travel as we do we felt great about that duration and the only reason we are adding a day is because we are doing the TOT 10 mile and wanted to make up for that day! We felt like we did so much we even had a spa day, keys to the kingdom day, and rented a boat! Enjoy whatever you choose :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are doing 7 days on site, with 6 days of park hoppers. We figure we can get in everything we want to, at as leisurely or aggressive of a pace as we please in that time without worrying about cramming in too much much all at once

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter