• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Long to Be Seated/Return to MK re Trails End Dinner Buffet?

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
We've enjoyed HDD but never have set foot in TE. Love the fried chicken at HDD, told it can be found @ TE too, figured we were overdue to check it out.

Just DH & I, will be boating it over and back to PM EMH from MK on a weekday, 2nd week in May, for a 6 pm ADR

We stay @ WL often but never really 'timed' boat sevice back to that resort. Not sure if FW has a dedicated boat or not. Regardless, had planned on being @ the boat launch between 5 pm - 5:15 pm.

what i am concerned about is every time we've done HDD, the TE porch area seems to be exploding with people waiting for a table.:eek: I expect to wait approx 15 - 20 minutes when doing a disney buffet with a ADR but concerned it might take much longer @ TE.

For the TE's regulars, have you experienced excessive wait times to be seated? 5 pm times are available the same day, would it be less 'crowded' an hour early?

We rarely spend a full hour @ any buffet, even character ones. Is it realistic to book a MK FP for 8:30 pm that day (2-1/2 hrs after our ADR)?

I think transportation is more the wild card, there can be long wait times going to and from. Generally you can end up waiting 20 or more minutes for a boat or longer if there are multiple boat loads ahead of you, sometimes boats dropping off get re-routed and don't pick up passengers.

Agreed w/PP..weve never waited more than 10-15.. We usually go around 5ish too.
And you will certainly enjoy the food!! That's why we started eating there because we loved HDDR so much :)

seating seems to be fast but the boat trip can be 20 minutes or it could be 45 minutes if you just miss the boat and have to wait. same could also be true on way back to MK

OP - There is a boat that runs directly between FW and MK.
the boat does run directly to MK but it takes about 20 minutes and if you just miss it is then about 45mintes waiting for boat to arrive unload load and leave. we stay at FW and can not tell you how many times we arrive at the dock to see boat leaving.

Betty - I agree with your time estimates. It is frustrating to get to the dock and see the boat just pulling away. :(
I was posting quickly to let the OP know that there is a direct boat to FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter