how late are the pools at portofino bay open?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
the subject line says it all...
we'll be at the Portofino Bay Hotel next week.....we've never stayed at universal before and i was wondering how late the pools stay open in the evening...

I don't have an answer but another question related to this. We have just found out to our disappointment that the parks close at 7pm during our visit -- Aug 21-28. We will probably eat dinner after closing time which is what we normally do when the parks close at 9. My question is ...what to do after that? I guess we will just probably hang at the pool, does anyone know what time they close at that time of year? We will be staying at the RP.

You can swim at the hotels. Hang out at Citywalk. Shop, dine, or see a movie. Don't worry. I felt the same as last Oct. those were the hours, but we were never bored in the evenings.

Have fun!

Sometimes early park closing can be nice. It gives you a chance to just chill out. Relax - things a vacation should be for. Recently at WDW in June the parks were open late and we could not get a decent night's rest.

Thanks all for your input. Antonia I think you may be right. Last summer, we found ourselves finishing dinner around 11 and not getting back to our room til midnight or later, then up again at 6-6:30. That can get exhausting after a while. I'm sure we'll find something to do. The thing I will miss is being in the parks after dark, that is my favorite time. BTW, does anyone know what time the pools close? Last year in July it was 11 I believe.

I'm glad to hear that Familyof14 since I know your US/IOA time is limited before your cruise. With FOTL, I'm hoping you'll get to experience everything in your short stay. :D

Beach pool 8-10
Villa pool 6-11
Hillside pool 8-6

August 15 -Sept. 30 is the value season so hours for the park and pools will probably be shortened. This will be when the rides may be down for refurbishment. The good news is... I saved big money on my car insurance.. No, the good news is the parks should be relatively empty and its the best time to get an upgrade on your hotel room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter