How is Rainforest Cafe in Disney Springs?

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
Thought the atmosphere might be fun for our little guy but want good food for my big guys too!

We ate there twice on our 2012 trip. Both good meals. The first time we had a great server, the second time not so much.

Rainforest Cafe in Disney Springs is great. More than a dozen meals and probably two dozen trips to the Lava Lounge(the waterside patio). There are times were service is slow but the food is always great. I think the atmosphere will be fun for the little one, there's an artificial thunderstorm every 22 minutes, most of the animal-animatronics have motion or noises. There's the big fish tank that runs through the center of the dining area.

For the big guys the food is great and there's good portion sizes if you know what to order. At lunch order the Lava Nachos for Two but an adult can eat it all and be full for at least a couple hours or get the Ribs, Steak & Shrimp Trio if their feeling really hungry. At dinner try which ever wasn't had at lunch. Dinner prices are going to be the same price it's just busier at dinner.

I've eaten at Rainforest Cafes many times (at Disney and Gurnee, IL), and it's always hit or miss. DH and I had a great meal at the Animal Kingdom Rainforest Cafe a couple years ago, but I've had mediocre meals. I get that the atmosphere is a draw. Have you considered T-Rex at Disney Springs? It's run by the same restaurant group but seems to get better reviews (I haven't tried it but I've read about it).

We prefer T-Rex and have always been able to get a table within 20 minutes - even when there is a long line outside. It is a huge restaurant and will keep the little ones (and big ones) occupied with all the noise and action - and beautiful aquariums too.

It's just like every other Rainforest Cafe. We have eaten at quite a few and never had a bad meal, mostly very good food and always a fun meal. We prefer the one in AK as we have had extra great service there and they handle DS allergy so well.

I've eaten at both the Rainforest at Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs. Yes, your small child will likely enjoy the animals in motion and sounds, unless he is under 3-4 years, then some children could be frighten. The food is reasonably good, not great.

My whole family thought it was way too loud and a sensory overload. The food was typical of a chain restaurant - not bad for what it was.

It's like any other Rainforest Cafe around the country. We aren't fans. I find their food poor and overpriced, even by Disney standards, which says a lot.

We skip it. The food is mediocre at best and it's not an experience that's unique to Disney. We are Landry's select members and just don't bother. TRex on the other hand is usually worth a visit.

We ate there during the first week of June. It isn't good...It isn't bad... Just like any other chain restaurant anywhere else.

We eat there every trip....either DS or AK. We like it. I know what to expect. We've always had good server and the food is good, a bit overpriced, but we like it.
DGD loves it. We have one fairly close to us and she goes there quite often as a Lego Discovery place is in the same mall.
She calls it Maui Rainforest :rotfl:

The one in London was so horribly bad that I have never even considered booking at WDW

The food is usually pretty decent (think Applebees) and the atmosphere is fun. I've eaten at both the AK and DS locations (and the one at Vegas) and they're all pretty uniform.

Since you've got a son you might look at T-Rex which is essentially the same restaurant but dinosaur themed.

For fans of Rainforest/T.Rex consider joining the Landry's Select club. It costs $25 to join, but you get a $25 credit when you receive your card, and you get another $25 credit for use during your birthday month (which you can choose.) The best part may be that you get priority seating at their restaurants...sort of like a FP line for getting a table. Landry's has a number of other restaurants including some nice upscale eateries around the country. Worth a look if you like that kind of thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter