• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is Epcot Flower and Garden Festival this year?

Tink60

Mouseketeer
Interested to hear how the Festival looks this year. I know last year it was scaled back. I was also wondering about all the freezing temperatures Florida endured this year and how it affected the flowers for Epcot.

Just returned from a great (if cool) week at the parks.

While I cannot compare this year's F&G Festival to previous years (having never attend one before) the topiaries and their surrounding enviroments look great and all the usual flower beds are looking good as well.

The old Wonders of Life building is being used as "Garden Town" for seminars and has a great movie showing all the effort that went into this year's show.

We will be there in 2 weeks and I when I get back I will let you know how it was, and post some pictures :goodvibes

We were there last Wed (3/3), and it looked to me about the same as last year.

-Kevin

I usually go this time of year. In the past, Flower & Garden had not started yet.

Other than the topiaries, I didn't think Epcot looked any better, flower-wise, than this time of year without the Flower & Garden festival.

In fact, I thought there were fewer flowers this year than in the past (when it wasn't festival time).

I went Sunday, it's nice with some clever topiaries but it's really not my thing.

I was there last week, and the new topiatries is Mickey and Minnie
The high was 48 degrees. I actually over dressed and had to take a sweatshirt off. All the walking in Epcot-I got warm pretty fast.
The vegetable garden is new behind Mickey and Minnie.
ry%3D400

Otherwise, they moved the Lion King displays around Epcot,
ry%3D480

and "Hook" too.
ry%3D480

These dolphins swimming I think are new.
ry%3D400

On Sunday, we rode the mono-rail from Epcot to the MK and back,
and I didn't see the dolphins in the flowers with the hidden Mickey, until I developed my pictures.
ry%3D400

Flowers are pretty hardy, it has to be below freezing for flowers to die out.

We were there last week. The topiaries are impressive! I can't compare since I have not been in years past, but it looked great!

From listening to the podcast, sounds like some repeats but overall very cool. Sounds like they have a cool Fairy area now, and that if you wait some time, more will bloom and it will look even prettier. Also heard that its so cold out right now that the butterflies aren't as "alive" as they usually are. :lmao:

I was there this past Sunday and I have to say I was VERY UNDERwhelmed. Not as many flowers and not very impressive at the entrance or at the entrance to the countries. At the main entrance has pine trees but not much in the way of flowers and the entrance to the countries doesn't have as impressive display of topiaries as in the past.

Also, the area over by Nemo isn't very interesting. Missed the floating sculptures in the water over on that side.

Also, I missed the Sculpture Garden over between the Land and the Imagination area.

Generally there's just a lack of color everywhere. Will be going back in a few weeks in hopes that more will be in bloom.

This has always been my favorite event and I'm sorely disappointed. :(

I was there this past Sunday and I have to say I was VERY UNDERwhelmed. Not as many flowers and not very impressive at the entrance or at the entrance to the countries. At the main entrance has pine trees but not much in the way of flowers and the entrance to the countries doesn't have as impressive display of topiaries as in the past.

Also, the area over by Nemo isn't very interesting. Missed the floating sculptures in the water over on that side.

Also, I missed the Sculpture Garden over between the Land and the Imagination area.

Generally there's just a lack of color everywhere. Will be going back in a few weeks in hopes that more will be in bloom.

This has always been my favorite event and I'm sorely disappointed. :(

I am glad to hear that someone else shares my feelings.

Love to hear!,this will be the frist one we will miss IN 5 years:scared1: pLease lots of pictures!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter