• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How "interactive" is Jellyrolls

OhBother

Earning My Ears
Hello. My wife and I are going to be at the Beach Club Villas for a couple of days this weekend. I have always been curious about trying out Jellyrolls and I think I have finally talked my wife into giving it a try. The reason she is so hesitant about it is because the term "interactive" is often associated with Jellyrolls. My wife is one of those people who can't stand to have the spotlight on her. She is always afraid of being pulled out of a crowd to do something embarassing. I can completely understand it, as I used to be that way too. I am okay now, but I don't want her to be uncomfortable going. I guess my question is, is this the type of place where it's possible they could pick on you or pull you onto stage or anything like that? Any help you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks

In my experiences they don't pull ANYONE up on stage or actually included you in any spotlight if you don't want to. The place is large and shaped pretty well for people of all types to enjoy it at their own leisure (IE sit in the back, off to the side, or right up front). Having said that, if you get there early they will talk to you but it wont be in an embarrassing manner; the pianist are very friendly and really just trying to put on a good show and make everyone comfortable. Ive been to other piano bars before and Id say Jelly Rolls is the best and geared for people wanting a fun night out. Jelly Rolls is not like other piano bars where they make sexual jokes and calling people out of a crowd. Go you will love it....

I haven't been to Jellyrolls (we plan to go in August!), but my experience at dueling piano shows is that you don't get picked on or put in the spotlight unless you volunteer. They are taking requests from the audience, so if you don't request anything you should be fine.

Oh jellyrolls is such a blast. They would not pull your wife up on stage against her will or flash a spotlight on her. Now it seemed the closer to the stage people were the more involved they were (cheering and singing) but there is a good bit of space so you do not have to sit close to the stage. I think "interactive" comes up because you can request the songs and everyone gets involved in the singing. When DF and I went he had never been to a piano bar, his first comment was "everyone here must be so drunk" because everyone was loud, laughing and singing along. I just laughed and told him "no they are probably not, you just loosen up and feel like singing along after about 30 minutes." Sure enough 30 minutes later he was singing along too. :)

I'd compare it to Turtle Talk with Crush.

If you want to interact, you'd sit closer, raise your hand and try to get their attention. If you don't, just sit further back and you are guaranteed NOT to be chosen. Not because they don't like you, rather that there are so many others who DO want to be chosen!

No worries, go have fun! Watch others interact until you choose to jump in yourselves! And as others have posted, if you aren't in the first table or two closest to the stage, you probably won't even been seen by the pianists as they have spotlights in their eyes.

We visit Jellyrolls about once every month or so, and the above posts are right on. So long as you dont request a song and put on the napkin "its my wife's birthday" or "its his bachelor party" then you wont have a problem. If you do put something on the request like that, then this is what can happen......
n585694592_1183415_7237.jpg

This is me on stage during my bachelor party, bowling ball chained to my ankle and all.

Jellyrolls is my favorite place in all of Disney, and I wouldnt miss it:thumbsup2

Plus, I hear it's smoke-free now. Good news!
Have fun, Dudes and Dudettes! ;)
it is and it is really clean. We were there the first night they went smoke-free, I'm really sensitive to it, and it was smooth sailing.
More better!

Minimum Age for Jelly Rolls?

I ask b/c my next trip will be with 18 yr old Seniors...Grad Night...

Thanks,
Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter