how hot is HOT?

I live in Tucson AZ and we've already had 98+ temps in early April. So going to DLR when its 80 it will be nice!

Being from the 'Old Pueblo' myself,,,we LOVE So Cal weather in the summer. Yeah,it's a little chilly in the morning but nothin we can't deal with. :thumbsup2

Surely it doesn't get as humid in CA as it does in FL, right?

For those who know both, early September in CA is like which season in FL?

You can't compare. CA's climate is nothing like FL's. Coastal CA has a Mediterranean climate. Think Italy or Southern France. Very dry during the summer, cool and wetter during the winter.

We are from Oklahoma. A few years ago we were at DL in July. We heard all the locals complaining about how horribly miserably hot it was. We were laughing because we thought it was perfect weather. We weren't hot at all. It is not humid in CA at all like it is in OK or TX. You will be fine. We've been in early June the last couple of years. It can be a little cool in the mornings and evenings, and warm in the afternoons. I usually just wear capris or shorts and a short sleeved shirt anyway. I rarely bother with a sweatshirt or jacket, although if you get cold really easily, you might want one. Now, if you are going to the coast at all, that is a different story. With "June Gloom"- cloudy in the mornings and evenings- it can get really chilly in the mornings and evenings near the coast in June. We usually do wear sweatshirts or jackets in those areas in June.

I'm starting to think that if I've braved WDW in July that DLR in early September will be a piece of cake. Locals may be uncomfortable then, but I think those who are used to hot and humid would find it quite pleasant.

As it has already been stated, people will interpret "hot" differently. What one person thinks is too hot and uncomfortable may be perfect and ideal to someone else (same thing with the cold). It largely depends on what you are personally accustomed to and what your preference is.

If you are someone who loves the sun, then an 80-degree day will be wonderful. If you are someone who is extra heat-sensitive and tends to get sick after only a few hours in the sun (that would be yours truly, and it happened to me twice in just the last few weeks!:rotfl2:), and you prefer the Fall & Winter months, then 80 degrees can be unbearable.

If you are used to 100-degree temperatures, then 80 degrees will seem like an arctic chill.

Typically, June is not all that hot as far as SoCal summers go. We often have the dreaded "June Gloom" (which I love!:rotfl2:). We seem to start picking up the real heat when August rolls around, and then sometimes it can be really hot in September (a couple of years ago it was something crazy like 113 degrees).

But..every year is different. Some years it seems to be exceptionally hot for SoCal. Other years it seems to be unseasonably mild for SoCal.

well, glad I asked. Last night I had put out some things to pack (trying to see if we can get away with only doing carry-on luggage, save money to not check any suitcases), but I think I will put back all the sundresses I was thinking to bring our two daughters--with no sleeves. Hmmm, so we will need instead some shorts and shirts, and a little jacket.

IN the summer, we keep our AC in the house at 79 degrees and are fine, and my younger daughter tells me she is cold in the car when I have on the AC now, so I guess at least a jacket is in order for us.

It will be interesting to experience what everyone means by the same temperature in southern CA feels much better than TX.

Last year, second week of June. My one and only trip to southern Cal. Highs between 68 and 72. Felt like a fall day in the southeast. Best weather ever.

I am one who either rents a locker, or heads back to my hotel twice in a day. I prefer jeans and a sweatshirt June am and pm and shorts and tanks from about 2-6. Not easy to pack for !

this weather pattern makes great sense for a daily pool break also. I like to swim from 2-4, have a nap from 4-5 ,have dinner, change into warmer clothes, and head back to the parks until midnight!

we went in August last year and we were expecting it to be very hot, but it was still nice enough to wear long sleeves early in the morning and at night. You have to remember that it is not humid at all (or rarely is) and as long as you get into the shade, no matter how hot it is, it turns out to be quite nice.

Also, even though the temp may not be "hot" there are some places in the park that feel hotter. On a warm day Fantasyland feels hotter because there is virtually no breeze and there is lots of concrete for the sun to reflect off of. If you notice there are umbrellas in the Dumbo line.

I have read that summer at DL is so HOT, but I when I look at temperatures, I see 80's. I also read that evenings can be cool.
Which would be a lovely mild summer day here where we live in Texas. Last couple summers most days were in the 100's.

We are going to DL in 6 weeks, in early June, is weather typically 80's at that time, and does it still cool down in the evenings?

I was there last year in mid-June and the evenings were definitely chilly (I recommend a sweatshirt and maybe even a pair of pants). The day was hot, but not terrible. Short weather and comfortable mostly.

How hot is hot? Well let me tell ya.... it can become so hot, that your knickers stick to your bum, your curly hair (If the humidity is high) will become straight, your face might become beet red, or as red as a lobster, which would be fine if one is a beet or a lobster. Also you might feel like you must have a nap in a cool room before you faint..... I know what I am talkin' about.... been there done that... in addtion... if you feel like becoming the first naaaaked guest because you just cannot stand wearing any clothing at the moment, well just remember it is a G rated park, that is what I do. Those mister fans are nice, that might help.

~~ I love you Phil and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

well, glad I asked. Last night I had put out some things to pack (trying to see if we can get away with only doing carry-on luggage, save money to not check any suitcases), but I think I will put back all the sundresses I was thinking to bring our two daughters--with no sleeves. Hmmm, so we will need instead some shorts and shirts, and a little jacket.

IN the summer, we keep our AC in the house at 79 degrees and are fine, and my younger daughter tells me she is cold in the car when I have on the AC now, so I guess at least a jacket is in order for us.

It will be interesting to experience what everyone means by the same temperature in southern CA feels much better than TX.

I think sundresses and a light sweater would be fine. At least for my kids they moved around so much it would keep them warm.

Well, I'm from the desert also and I will tell you I have had two extremly hot trips..one in May where the temps hit 105 and one in August where the temps on the Destination Scavenger Hunt day were 112..I kid you not..so there are odd days of freaky high temps to be on the lookout for.

Our October trip one year had temps well over 100. We spent more time at the pool than in the parks.

As long as you have sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses and a water bottle you can refill at the drinking fountains you should do great during the summer. Also, the heat is a dry heat so at least when it's really hot it's not humid. Have a great time!

Also, a few good things to do when it's hot:
Pirates
Tiki Room
Haunted Mansion
Small World
Aladdin show at DCA
Grizzly River Run at DCA
Splash Mountain
Great Moments with Mr Lincoln
eat indoors at a sit down restaurant
take the train to get from place to place..the ride is mostly outside, but it's shaded and offers a chance to sit down

We went to Disneyland a few days ago and discovered that the Build-a-Bear store at Downtown Disney is FREEZING, so you could always walk around in there, as well :rotfl:

I have read that summer at DL is so HOT, but I when I look at temperatures, I see 80's. I also read that evenings can be cool.
Which would be a lovely mild summer day here where we live in Texas. Last couple summers most days were in the 100's.

We are going to DL in 6 weeks, in early June, is weather typically 80's at that time, and does it still cool down in the evenings?

We live in the desert so take this for what it is worth. We went last July. The temps to us were perfect. Never hot. Didn't need a jacket in the morning or at night. The only time we got cold was when we went to see WOC and were soaked.

Went to Disneyland in August of 08 and it was HOT!! I'm from Scottsdale Az so I know hot believe me. The only thing I can't say I notice when the temperature climbs is that people get real grumpy towards their family members, their own children and other people. Hot temperatures = short fuse syndrome per se?*

I love Disneyland temps. I'm from Utah so we get the full spectrum..freezing and snow in winter but super hot in the summer (over 100).

I consider 80's pretty awesome and the evenings almost perfect. Sometimes bordering on the cool side. We will be bringing a jacket. It always feels cooler at night if you're sunburned too ;)

I think it's funny that California is considered 'dry' too. The 'humidity' in California seems like a lot to me (again, coming from Utah haha). My skin adores California..but my hair does not LOL

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about temps too much. I'd bring a light jacket and maybe one pair of jeans (this is our plan) just in case..but pretty sure we'll be in tshirts and shorts/capris/dresses. :)

I'm starting to think that if I've braved WDW in July that DLR in early September will be a piece of cake. Locals may be uncomfortable then, but I think those who are used to hot and humid would find it quite pleasant.

Exactly!

Redbonec, those sundresses would look awfully cute in pictures! Maybe you could just bring a jacket or sweater to go over them if the girls get cold!

i am in AZ too and it is 100+ normaly all summer long i remeber 115 being hott. Now 75-80 in cal for our trip im looking forward to it. I will have water and umbrelas to keep the sun ooff us when we have to stand in long lines.

Just an extra thought that I see no one has mentioned, that while 80 degree weather is usually really nice, you do also want to take into account that DL is small (space wise) and when it gets crowded there is a lot of body heat, not to mention all the asphalt that warms up too with the sun beating down on it all day. So inside the parks can feel 5-10 degrees warmer than it actually is.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest